Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    11,064
    Thanks (Given)
    78
    Thanks (Received)
    782
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3052935

    Default Any DPers from Arizona?

    I mean, whichever side of the fence you sit on as regards abortion, i think will can all agree this is pretty bad law being made...

    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oak Run Ca.
    Posts
    437
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14439

    Default

    Does "Baja Arizona" Count ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California
    Posts
    15,108
    Thanks (Given)
    75
    Thanks (Received)
    1416
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4420747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I mean, whichever side of the fence you sit on as regards abortion, i think will can all agree this is pretty bad law being made...

    Considering how some ultra-conservative and ultra-religious folks feel about birth control, this seems par for the course. The law provides an avenue for arresting those who buy and sell contraceptives. You could also charge women who refuse to have sex with their husbands with murdering a potential unborn child.
    The possibilities are endless.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The great white north
    Posts
    5,664
    Thanks (Given)
    429
    Thanks (Received)
    1084
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1795501

    Default

    The law appears to be written poorly, although I have no problem with banning abortion after 20 weeks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    45,361
    Thanks (Given)
    5849
    Thanks (Received)
    18453
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16826435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I mean, whichever side of the fence you sit on as regards abortion, i think will can all agree this is pretty bad law being made...

    As Trigg stated, poorly written. But without a way to tell the "exact" time, it's not a bad idea to go by the last period. Worst case is off by 2 weeks and best case could be 24hrs or so.

    Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Considering how some ultra-conservative and ultra-religious folks feel about birth control, this seems par for the course. The law provides an avenue for arresting those who buy and sell contraceptives. You could also charge women who refuse to have sex with their husbands with murdering a potential unborn child.
    The possibilities are endless.
    I would ask you where you get this crap from but we know you won't be back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    The law appears to be written poorly, although I have no problem with banning abortion after 20 weeks.
    The "arguers" are angry at the 20 weeks, saying that if a woman is only pregnant for 18 1/2 weeks, this law will be extending it that extra week and a half an banning the abortion. They want to scratch and claw for every last minute available to them in order to have an abortion.
    Vote Clinton, get Trump!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    5,457
    Thanks (Given)
    14
    Thanks (Received)
    708
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1514921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    As Trigg stated, poorly written. But without a way to tell the "exact" time, it's not a bad idea to go by the last period. Worst case is off by 2 weeks and best case could be 24hrs or so.

    The "arguers" are angry at the 20 weeks, saying that if a woman is only pregnant for 18 1/2 weeks, this law will be extending it that extra week and a half an banning the abortion. They want to scratch and claw for every last minute available to them in order to have an abortion.
    Yeah, it is poorly written and all. On the other hand, we've got this: With medical technology, we can pin down when the conception occurred, so these extra two weeks are completely superfluous, an attempt to try and short people on timeline. AZ has been starting to go off the deep end, and we've all started to see that now.

    I really think AZ needs to take a look at what they're doing, and consider how very far off the edge they're getting. I mean, when even other conservatives are starting to go, "Um, yeah, I think we need to have a come to Jesus talk", you need to look at your priorities.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California
    Posts
    15,108
    Thanks (Given)
    75
    Thanks (Received)
    1416
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4420747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I would ask you where you get this crap from but we know you won't be back.
    Sorry Jim, but some of us have to work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •