Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default Any DPers from Arizona?

I mean, whichever side of the fence you sit on as regards abortion, i think will can all agree this is pretty bad law being made...

If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does "Baja Arizona" Count ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I mean, whichever side of the fence you sit on as regards abortion, i think will can all agree this is pretty bad law being made...

Considering how some ultra-conservative and ultra-religious folks feel about birth control, this seems par for the course. The law provides an avenue for arresting those who buy and sell contraceptives. You could also charge women who refuse to have sex with their husbands with murdering a potential unborn child.
    The possibilities are endless.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

The law appears to be written poorly, although I have no problem with banning abortion after 20 weeks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post

As Trigg stated, poorly written. But without a way to tell the "exact" time, it's not a bad idea to go by the last period. Worst case is off by 2 weeks and best case could be 24hrs or so.

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Considering how some ultra-conservative and ultra-religious folks feel about birth control, this seems par for the course. The law provides an avenue for arresting those who buy and sell contraceptives. You could also charge women who refuse to have sex with their husbands with murdering a potential unborn child.
    The possibilities are endless.
    I would ask you where you get this crap from but we know you won't be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    The law appears to be written poorly, although I have no problem with banning abortion after 20 weeks.
    The "arguers" are angry at the 20 weeks, saying that if a woman is only pregnant for 18 1/2 weeks, this law will be extending it that extra week and a half an banning the abortion. They want to scratch and claw for every last minute available to them in order to have an abortion.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    As Trigg stated, poorly written. But without a way to tell the "exact" time, it's not a bad idea to go by the last period. Worst case is off by 2 weeks and best case could be 24hrs or so.

The "arguers" are angry at the 20 weeks, saying that if a woman is only pregnant for 18 1/2 weeks, this law will be extending it that extra week and a half an banning the abortion. They want to scratch and claw for every last minute available to them in order to have an abortion.
    Yeah, it is poorly written and all. On the other hand, we've got this: With medical technology, we can pin down when the conception occurred, so these extra two weeks are completely superfluous, an attempt to try and short people on timeline. AZ has been starting to go off the deep end, and we've all started to see that now.

I really think AZ needs to take a look at what they're doing, and consider how very far off the edge they're getting. I mean, when even other conservatives are starting to go, "Um, yeah, I think we need to have a come to Jesus talk", you need to look at your priorities.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I would ask you where you get this crap from but we know you won't be back.
    Sorry Jim, but some of us have to work.