Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Default I am sooooo tired of political correctness!

These two situations are prime examples of people in the world being too easily offended. Is anyone else as sick of it as I am?

Baa Baa Little Sheep: How private school abandoned nursery rhyme's lyrics for Easter show sparking political correctness accusations

The school uses the phonic learning system to teach children aged three to seven word meanings through well-known songs and rhymes. Its marketing manager Holly Christie said Baa Baa Black Sheep had been changed ‘because it fitted in with the theme of what we were doing. It was about baby sheep.‘We have always had adjustments to Baa Baa Black Sheep just because the children like to sing different variations of that. It’s a way of teaching phonics so that children understand these words that they are using and then reading.

This is far from the first time the rhyme has been amended. In 2006, children at two nurseries in Oxfordshire were taught ‘Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep’ to promote ‘equal opportunities’. Some children in London have been taught ‘Baa Baa Green Sheep’.And in 1999, Birmingham City Council said the rhyme should not be taught at all because it was racially negative.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1rWX4zsRt

Seriously?

God may once again bless the USA at Stall Brook Elementary.The Bellingham, Mass., school, under fire for changing the lyrics of Lee Greenwood’s “God Bless the USA” to “We Love the USA” for an upcoming fourth-grade concert, reversed course Thursday after drawing a backlash from parents and hints of legal threats from Mr. Greenwood, who penned the 1984 tune.District Superintendent Edward L. Fleuryacknowledged in a statement that “political correctness” was the motivation behind a proposed change, but the school ultimately decided against booting “God” from the song.“Students will be allowed to sing or not sing ‘God Bless the USA.’ … No other words will be substituted,” he said. “We believe the use of the word ‘God’ is acceptable in patriotic songs. The district has no intent to censor any patriotic songs. We are certainly sorry if this approach was perhaps considered as disrespectful. That was never the intent.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...of-patriotism/

If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We just have to accept the premise that ALL Conservatives are "Racist Sexist Bigoted Homophobic Colonialist Imperialists"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
    We just have to accept the premise that ALL Conservatives are "Racist Sexist Bigoted Homophobic Colonialist Imperialists"

well you're almost right, I'm pretty sure only white conservatives are all those things, non-white can't be racist according to liberals.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

God forbid any of you would have to speak to each civilly without using slurs! How terribly PC of me to want that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post
    God forbid any of you would have to speak to each civilly without using slurs! How terribly PC of me to want that.
    Who said anything in this thread about slurs? Did you even read the first post in its entirety before responding? Stop derailing threads with your "victim" mentality, please.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Who said anything in this thread about slurs? Did you even read the first post in its entirety before responding? Stop derailing threads with your "victim" mentality, please.
    Damn, you can't post ONE response to me without insults. Fuck off.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

WS removed from this thread as well. Hopefully it can now stay on topic.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    These two situations are prime examples of people in the world being too easily offended. Is anyone else as sick of it as I am?

Seriously?

I'm not getting the first example. How does Baa Baa "rainbow" sheep not promote a gay agenda? Nope not buying the "equal opportunities" line...the gay community uses that symbol to promote their lifestyle. So, their justification for changing that is totally agenda driven in my view...not PC driven. The Baa Baa little sheep I can sort of get..sort of. At least is is not pushing a political agenda on to kids.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Getting rid of God ? I think that's definately a PC move. Liberals hate religion.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I don't understand how black sheep could possibly be considered "racially negative"

Thought this article was cute, and amazing, on topic

It’s not so bad to be the “Black Sheep” after all!
    http://internalsense.com/2012/01/19/...eep-after-all/