Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Heard of a 12, 16, 20 and 410 gage shotgun. Never a 28. Learn somethin' new every day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Heard of a 12, 16, 20 and 410 gage shotgun. Never a 28. Learn somethin' new every day.
    The 28 gauge is the gauge VP Cheny prefers when shooting lawyers.

There have been 14 and 32 gauge shotguns as well--the 10 gauge is making a comeback in waterfowling because steel is the most affordable non-toxic load.
    "... whenever any number of men, calling themselves a government, do anything to another man, or to his property, which they had no right to do as individuals, they thereby declare themselves trespassers, robbers, or murderers, according to the nature of their acts." - Lysander Spooner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LOki View Post
    The 28 gauge is the gauge VP Cheny prefers when shooting lawyers.

There have been 14 and 32 gauge shotguns as well--the 10 gauge is making a comeback in waterfowling because steel is the most affordable non-toxic load.
    Aaah yes, the 10 gage. Missed that one. I've actually shot one. A real good goose gun. Really reaches out there with a 3 1/2 mag.

I think maybe I have heard of that 28 gage after all, but you've stumped me again with a 32.

My Grandma used to hunt dear with a 12 gage slugs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aaah yes, the 10 gage. Missed that one. I've actually shot one. A real good goose gun. Really reaches out there with a 3 1/2 mag.
    The 10 gauge is also picking up momentum with turkey hunters. The large shot used means fewer pellets--bigger gauge means more of those big pellets. Furthermore, lots of places are requiring non-toxic loads beyond the scope of waterfowling, so bigger gauges will likey be seen more as long a steel shot remains so much cheaper than the tungsten and bismuth alternatives.

I think maybe I have heard of that 28 gage after all, but you've stumped me again with a 32.
    The 14 and 32 were short lived, and out competed by the more popular gauges. Just like the 16 and 28 are barely limping along now.

My Grandma used to hunt dear with a 12 gage slugs.
    I'd like to get a continental rig-- .30-06 / 20 gauge. Do up birds and deer!

But that's the distant future; for now, I've got to find that 28.
    "... whenever any number of men, calling themselves a government, do anything to another man, or to his property, which they had no right to do as individuals, they thereby declare themselves trespassers, robbers, or murderers, according to the nature of their acts." - Lysander Spooner