Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I believe that. I also believe women in America owe women of all races a great deal for all the courageous things we've done and accomplished.

Is there some problem recognizing BLACK women in particular? Is that somehow NOT OK in your book? I don't understand why you have to include everyone else when I'm specifically honoring African American women.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post
    Really? You're a mind reader? Here is what I said on the first page: "Give black women credit for being at the forefront of the movement."
    How much credit do you give white guys?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    How much credit do you give white guys?

What do you expect? What is the thread topic? What do white men deserve credit for in relation to this topic of the history of the Rape Crisis Movement and specifically the role of black women.

I've never seen a man volunteer to work the Rape Crisis Line. I've seen them march though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

What do you expect? What do white men deserve credit for in relation to this topic of the history of the Rape Crisis Movement and specifically the role of black women.

I've never seen a man volunteer to work the Rape Crisis Line.
    Some of the "best of the best" in the medical community that help rape victims are men. Your desire to diminish men is lame. Your desire to always pinpoint victims and say "who cares" to others, is also lame.

Every race rapes every race. Black men rape more all together. Black men rape more white women, and black women. They are ALL victims, regardless of THEIR color. It's sickening to see you keep setting certain victims aside.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Some of the "best of the best" in the medical community that help rape victims are men. Your desire to diminish men is lame. Your desire to always pinpoint victims and say "who cares" to others, is also lame.

Every race rapes every race. Black men rape more all together. Black men rape more white women, and black women. They are ALL victims, regardless of THEIR color. It's sickening to see you keep setting certain victims aside.
    Jim--

You seem to get so outraged if white men aren't included in every little thing. I started this thread specifically to honor the role African American women have played in the history of the Rape Crisis Movement.

Why don't you start your own whiney white boy thread?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What do you expect? What is the thread topic? What do white men deserve credit for in relation to this topic of the history of the Rape Crisis Movement and specifically the role of black women.

I've never seen a man volunteer to work the Rape Crisis Line. I've seen them march though.

That's odd; because I'm fairly sure that if some white guys hadn't decided otherwise women would still be seen as nothing more than glorified pets in this country.

2:1 says Sky accuses me of calling women pets after reading this post.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's odd; because I'm fairly sure that if some white guys hadn't decided otherwise women would still be seen as nothing more than glorified pets in this country.

2:1 says Sky accuses me of calling women pets after reading this post.
    Your arrogance is amazing. You want white boys to take credit for the women's movement too?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Jim--

You seem to get so outraged if white men aren't included in every little thing. I started this thread specifically to honor the role African American women have played in the history of the Rape Crisis Movement.

No thanks, I'm fine here.

But if you pinpoint victims, I will be right here to ensure the other victims are included. This is like the 3rd time you've done this and it disgusts me. There are VICTIMS of rape, and their color shouldn't matter. There are MANY volunteers that have helped this movement over the years, and it shouldn't be recognized by color. How about there just be support for victims from volunteers?

There are men that have done a HELL of a lot more for rape victims than you have in your whole life, so don't demean men just because they aren't your cup of tea.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your arrogance is amazing. You want white boys to take credit for the women's movement too?
    So you deny that white men had anything to do with women gaining full equality in this country?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No thanks, I'm fine here.

But if you pinpoint victims, I will be right here to ensure the other victims are included. This is like the 3rd time you've done this and it disgusts me. There are VICTIMS of rape, and their color shouldn't matter. There are MANY volunteers that have helped this movement over the years, and it shouldn't be recognized by color. How about there just be support for victims from volunteers?

There are men that have done a HELL of a lot more for rape victims than you have in your whole life, so don't demean men just because they aren't your cup of tea.

I've noticed a pattern in your posts. Unless men are included in every topic I post, you complain. What is your problem giving black women their historical due?

Apparently you have a hard time accepting and honoring the contributions of segments of the population that aren't YOU.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So you deny that white men had anything to do with women gaining full equality in this country?
    No, I didn't say that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Why not??? He's right after all

Black men in this country had the vote before white women.

Women, white middle class women, led the fight for women's sufferance. If not for compassionate men I doubt the movement would have gotten very far. I for one give credit where credit is due.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I've noticed a pattern in your posts. Unless men are included in every topic I post, you complain. What is your problem giving black women their historical due?
    Are you fucking blind? My first point was to include ALL rape victims, and I never mentioned men. Then you went on in another post about how you never saw a man on the phones volunteering, and I kindly put you in your fucking place by making it clear that men DO contribute a lot towards rape victims.

My pattern is simply correcting you. What is YOUR problem with white people and men?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Jim--

and you fail to recognize that without 'majority' of those in power, regardless of which majority at which time in history, the 'movements' you are so fond of would be nothing today.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you fucking blind? My first point was to include ALL rape victims, and I never mentioned men. Then you went on in another post about how you never saw a man on the phones volunteering, and I kindly put you in your fucking place by making it clear that men DO contribute a lot towards rape victims.

My pattern is simply correcting you. What is YOUR problem with white people and men?
    If I start a thread about the contribution of Chinese Americans are you going to complain that white boys aren't loved and appreciated enough?