Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Getting back into shape.

So, I'm starting to get back into fighting shape. It's sort of odd that I mean that literally. I used to don sword and armor for the SCA and enter swordfighting tournaments, along with doing martial arts. I also miss rock climbing, but not many places to do that right around here. I sort of miss being in the improved shape, and of course, they were both a ton of fun.

I'm edging back in slowly, doing light Tae Bo for the moment til I can get my endurance up. Other than that, I'm looking into a membership at Planet Fitness, which is a 24 hr gym chain, for those that don't know.

Honestly, not too worried about the diet. It's more the lack of physical activity that killed me. I got a job that just doesn't have me doing much physically, so it's basically just a need to get back to doing physical stuff.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    So, I'm starting to get back into fighting shape. It's sort of odd that I mean that literally. I used to don sword and armor for the SCA and enter swordfighting tournaments, along with doing martial arts. I also miss rock climbing, but not many places to do that right around here. I sort of miss being in the improved shape, and of course, they were both a ton of fun.

I'm edging back in slowly, doing light Tae Bo for the moment til I can get my endurance up. Other than that, I'm looking into a membership at Planet Fitness, which is a 24 hr gym chain, for those that don't know.

Honestly, not too worried about the diet. It's more the lack of physical activity that killed me. I got a job that just doesn't have me doing much physically, so it's basically just a need to get back to doing physical stuff.
    I can help with the physical stuff!!

Good for you DS. Everyone feels better when they are in shape. What is the SCA?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think you will like Planet Fitness. That's the gym I go to...a nice variety of equipment and it usually not too crowded (at least the one I visit). Martial Arts and Rock Climbing sounds interesting too (good for clearing your mind). Hope you do get back into it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I can help with the physical stuff!!

Good for you DS. Everyone feels better when they are in shape. What is the SCA?
    Society for Creative Anachronism, medieval reenactment. I get all dressed up in Knight's garb and go at people with blunted metal swords, axes, and spears. Pretty solid workout. I've won a couple tourneys.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I think you will like Planet Fitness. That's the gym I go to...a nice variety of equipment and it usually not too crowded (at least the one I visit). Martial Arts and Rock Climbing sounds interesting too (good for clearing your mind). Hope you do get back into it.
    Yeah, I went in as a guest a few times, and I like the lack of pushiness by the staff.

Martial Arts really helps with the focus, and plus, once I get down what I'm doing, I get to help others learn, which gives me more motivation to come back. Rock climbing is just a ton of fun, along with its cousin, spelunking.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Spelunking is cool. The first time I ever did it we had a 50' rappel into the entrance. I was always afraid I'd get stuck in some narrow passage on my belly or get lost. Other than that it was fun.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Spelunking is cool. The first time I ever did it we had a 50' rappel into the entrance. I was always afraid I'd get stuck in some narrow passage on my belly or get lost. Other than that it was fun.
    Yeah, my first time was in junior high with my buddy Chris up in Clarksville NY.
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Yeah, my first time was in junior high with my buddy Chris up in Clarksville NY.
    Well, I haven't rock climbed since being a kid and never spelunked; however, I have bungee jumped. Most exhilarating experience I've had. Screams coming from the tips of my toes and out through the top of my head on way down, and nothing but giggles after that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Well, I haven't rock climbed since being a kid and never spelunked; however, I have bungee jumped. Most exhilarating experience I've had. Screams coming from the tips of my toes and out through the top of my head on way down, and nothing but giggles after that.
    lol, yeah, me and Dad went bungee-jumping when he was going through his whole mid-life thing
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Bungee-jumping is nuts! I'd never do that, on the other hand I have jumped out of a perfectly good aircraft at 3000 feet.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rock climbing is just a ton of fun, along with its cousin, spelunking.
    I don't know why but spelunking sounds more fun to me. Gives me more of a vision of an adventure maybe. I have never done either one though. Only caves I have ever explored were...Cave Of The Winds...and Carlsbad Caverns.

You have interesting hobbies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My rock climbing days are over. I've at matched set of broken ankles.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post

My dad used to take us when I was younger. Always enjoyed it.

He'd take us to the most remote places he could find, with narrow passages where one time his friend almost got stuck. It was a blast.

These days hubby and I try to walk 2-3 miles a day. Just got done with a 4 mile hike. It's a little chilly outside today, so I'm continuing to pray for warm weather

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I don't know why but spelunking sounds more fun to me. Gives me more of a vision of an adventure maybe. I have never done either one though. Only caves I have ever explored were...Cave Of The Winds...and Carlsbad Caverns.

You have interesting hobbies.
    Well, Spelunking of course has the fun sounding name. The caves up here in Clarksville were great, and Chris seemed to believe we were gonna map them, which never happened. Had a ton of fun though as we came to know different parts. There was one section that only the guys could go through, called the Chest Compressor. It was literally low enough that you had to lay down on your belly, and even then, there was almost no space.

lol, I remember when we went through the first time, Chris had gone first, with me right behind him. Just as I coming out on his side, Chris is leaned against a wall, as shimmying through takes alot out of you, and the closeness screws up your breathing a bit. I'm standing up to join him when Joe says he's starting through, and something clicks, "NO! Joe, stay with Stacy! She can't make it through!"

The response from Stacy, "What?! Why wouldn't I?"

This is where I start stammering a bit, until Chris decided to 'help', "Because you have significant breasts! You'll never get em through the chest compressor, and we'd like ye to keep them!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, Spelunking of course has the fun sounding name. The caves up here in Clarksville were great, and Chris seemed to believe we were gonna map them, which never happened. Had a ton of fun though as we came to know different parts. There was one section that only the guys could go through, called the Chest Compressor. It was literally low enough that you had to lay down on your belly, and even then, there was almost no space.

lol, I remember when we went through the first time, Chris had gone first, with me right behind him. Just as I coming out on his side, Chris is leaned against a wall, as shimmying through takes alot out of you, and the closeness screws up your breathing a bit. I'm standing up to join him when Joe says he's starting through, and something clicks, "NO! Joe, stay with Stacy! She can't make it through!"

The response from Stacy, "What?! Why wouldn't I?"

This is where I start stammering a bit, until Chris decided to 'help', "Because you have significant breasts! You'll never get em through the chest compressor, and we'd like ye to keep them!"
    Like this?? Yeah...I don't know if I would like that. I'm kinda claustrophobic.

I would like to go here though...

And here...

And definately here...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Has anyone ever been zip-lining or rappeled down a waterfall? On my last vacation to Mexico we did that....and then toured a tequilla tasting/manufacturing factory. Awesome day.
    Shadow....I'll go with you to those places, but not spelunking....boobies are too big. Might get stuck!