Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    We don't have any unsightly neigbors, but regardless, we started the long-term plan of planting evergreens to hide any view of our back neighbors. I love my privacy, and I like the illusion that there are only woods behind our home. Every Mother's Day I ask my husband to buy a tree as my gift.

Since these people have been this way for a long time, and will not likely change, you might want to start-a-planting. I know it won't help for your party, but for the future, it is IMO the prettiest way to hide what you don't want to see.

And, I get to say I am Green!
    we are thinking of planting more lilacs along the fence, but even if we did do that, you can still see the crap in the winter, and much worse because there aren't leaves on the bushes along the fence.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyKitten99 View Post
    we are thinking of planting more lilacs along the fence, but even if we did do that, you can still see the crap in the winter, and much worse because there aren't leaves on the bushes along the fence.
    That's why I plant evergreens!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We don't have any unsightly neigbors, but regardless, we started the long-term plan of planting evergreens to hide any view of our back neighbors. I love my privacy, and I like the illusion that there are only woods behind our home. Every Mother's Day I ask my husband to buy a tree as my gift.

Since these people have been this way for a long time, and will not likely change, you might want to start-a-planting. I know it won't help for your party, but for the future, it is IMO the prettiest way to hide what you don't want to see.

And, I get to say I am Green!
    Same here on privacy. Here another good screen is Bambo down here..That stuff grows like weeds, very tall, fast and thick. Nice to look at too. The downside is keeping it under control because it spreads underground.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That's why I plant evergreens!
    I don't like evergreens very much for anything other than Christmas trees. They are so acidic that they kill the grass around them, and I don't want that because it is hard enough to keep grass growing in our back yard as it is. Plus I want a solution for this summer, not just the future.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Does work, but are you going to pay for it? We sure as hell don't have the money. One of my daycare kids are leaving as of June 8th, and with him goes $100/week. The way our property is shaped (we live in a cul-de-sac), we would spend about $900 just on the back property line. Our backyard property line is the length of two of our neighbors' properties, and about 10 feet of a third. Just the back property line is about 88 feet. Plus part of it would be in the garden area, and I want that area open and 'airy' (that part is behind the nice neighbors yard which is a nice yard), and it would look odd only going 3/4 the length of the property line.

Axel's yard takes up most of the main area of our back yard along the fence, and the lady next to him takes up the rest, which continues into the area we have our garden in, which is behind the garage, and is separated by the temp lattice fence which will be replaced by a nice white, polyvinyl lattice fence.

When I feel good enough to go outside, I'll get pics of how odd our yard is shaped.
    Well no I won't pay for for it. I'll send a bill for my advice though.
    That 88 feet would only cost $450 in material here. Easy to install yourself..

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Well no I won't pay for for it. I'll send a bill for my advice though.
    That 88 feet would only cost $450 in material here. Easy to install yourself..
    well, here, one 8' long section of 6' privacy fence is about $75, even at Menards, which is like a '2nd Ops' store. Multiply that times 11 (assuming we go the whole length of the back property line) and that brings it to $825, then add in cost of hardware and tools and concrete and that would bring the bill to about $900.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

well, here, one 8' long section of 6' privacy fence is about $75, even at Menards, which is like a '2nd Ops' store. Multiply that times 11 (assuming we go the whole length of the back property line) and that brings it to $825, then add in cost of hardware and tools and concrete and that would bring the bill to about $900.
    You guys are being raped! Geeezzz...No Home Depot or Lowes?

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You guys are being raped! Geeezzz...No Home Depot or Lowes?
    those are HomeDepot's prices, Menards is about the same, sometimes less, but the quality is also not as good... Plus you have to remember, we are "the land of 10,000 taxes"...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I don't like evergreens very much for anything other than Christmas trees. They are so acidic that they kill the grass around them, and I don't want that because it is hard enough to keep grass growing in our back yard as it is. Plus I want a solution for this summer, not just the future.
    Yes, I acknowledged that it won't help you this summer in my post. I thought you could use a long-term solution as well, since even if he cleans it up, he will probably junk it up again. People don't usually change much.

As for losing grass, we just mulch around the base of the trees, and they look very pretty. There are also many evergreen bushes, not just tres. But you do what you like!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes, I acknowledged that it won't help you this summer in my post. I thought you could use a long-term solution as well, since even if he cleans it up, he will probably junk it up again. People don't usually change much.

As for losing grass, we just mulch around the base of the trees, and they look very pretty. There are also many evergreen bushes, not just tres. But you do what you like!
    either way, it still costs us money. Why should we dish out more money just to make HIS yard look better? I think I will just print this little brochure out, that our city sends in our utility bills every March, and highlight section #7 for him:

http://www.ci.anoka.mn.us/vertical/S...0EB4289%7D.PDF

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

either way, it still costs us money. Why should we dish out more money just to make HIS yard look better? I think I will just print this little brochure out, that our city sends in our utility bills every March, and highlight section #7 for him:

http://www.ci.anoka.mn.us/vertical/S...0EB4289%7D.PDF
    Ahhhh the price of home ownership...sweet. Bite the bullet of reality, Location location location.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like the first one. I think that you should add that it would be a courtesy to think of all the neighbors around him. Good Luck!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ahhhh the price of home ownership...sweet. Bite the bullet of reality, Location location location.
    we aren't moving. Ever.

Since he is closer to retirement than we are (he's in his 60's), we might get lucky and they sell the place and move somewhere else. But then again, from what I hear from my grandparents about them, they don't have that great of a retirement future as far as finances go.

I am going to try the 1st letter. Even though there are only 2 other neighbors who can actually see the junk from their yards, and ours is the only one that spans the whole length of his back property line, I would venture a guess that he will figure out who it is really from anyway, but he wouldn't be able to prove it.