Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default Where do the come up with this nuttiness?

Are homophobes secretly gay? A new study purports to prove it.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health...exuality_.html

It's all about not provoking God's judgement. Why don't these people get it? I guess at least gays are responsible for very few abortions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

More importantly, why would people who fear homosexuals be secretly gay?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fear NAMBLA & their GLBT allies

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I read that article. Now I am starting to wondering about you guys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    Are homophobes secretly gay? A new study purports to prove it.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health...exuality_.html

It's all about not provoking God's judgement. Why don't these people get it? I guess at least gays are responsible for very few abortions.
    You know, I get really tired of this moniker. My dad's gay, I'm pro-gay marriage, but then I also don't believe the government should actually be telling who can get married, but that's another thread all together. In any event, the use of the word homophobe is incorrect, and is used as a pejorative only, to mark those who do not like homosexuals.

There is a difference between fear and dislike, hared, or disagreement. This idea that all who dislike gays are secretly gay themselves is just ludicrous and insulting. It never helps any sort of debate, and becomes the "Hitler" of the gay rights debate. Yes, the real nutters about it likely have deep-seeded issues that they may not be dealing with, but that's not representative of the whole or even the majority. As I've said before, I believe that a lot of the anger that comes into the debate is due to the fact that unfortunately, the loons on both sides are running the debate.

The anti-gay movement is no more at fault for this than the gay rights activists who try to cram their lifestyle choice down other peoples' throats, only to scoff when someone doesn't like them, and call them homophobes, then sit there and pull the lame ass "Well, secretly they're really gay." It's a bully tactic, and has no place in grown-up debate.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

" For at least 15 years, scientists have been trying to use objective laboratory measures to prove the he-who-smelt-it-dealt-it theory of human sexuality."

Grrrrrr I'm pissed off. For 15 years these idiots have been trying to find a proof for a conclusion they have already decided was true.
    News flash:
    THAT'S NOT HOW THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD WORKS!!

Let's just go ahead and take this logic to a foolish extent.
    I fear serial killers, but only because I'm a serial killer myself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If they have "proved" it, then I am a multi millionaire.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    " For at least 15 years, scientists have been trying to use objective laboratory measures to prove the he-who-smelt-it-dealt-it theory of human sexuality."

Grrrrrr I'm pissed off. For 15 years these idiots have been trying to find a proof for a conclusion they have already decided was true.
    News flash:
    THAT'S NOT HOW THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD WORKS!!

Let's just go ahead and take this logic to a foolish extent.
    I fear serial killers, but only because I'm a serial killer myself.
    The scientific method works by having a hypothesis, testing it, and testing again, and again, and so on.
    Im sure techniques and understanding of the sub-conscious have chnaged a heck of a lot in 15 years, so it's not surprising that they'd put this knew knowledge to old questions. Unless you think there's some cut off point were they go 'right, we've studied this for 6 years, as of now it's closed, it must not be studied again, this answer is to be taken as unquestionable truth'...that would be unscientific.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
    Fear NAMBLA & their GLBT allies

Please don't ever think of me as an ally of NAMBLA. Lesbians are historically vocal against NAMBLA. We've never wanted them marching in our parades.

Pedophilia has nothing to do with adult sexuality--gay or straight.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    You know, I get really tired of this moniker. My dad's gay, I'm pro-gay marriage, but then I also don't believe the government should actually be telling who can get married, but that's another thread all together. In any event, the use of the word homophobe is incorrect, and is used as a pejorative only, to mark those who do not like homosexuals.

There is a difference between fear and dislike, hared, or disagreement. This idea that all who dislike gays are secretly gay themselves is just ludicrous and insulting. It never helps any sort of debate, and becomes the "Hitler" of the gay rights debate. Yes, the real nutters about it likely have deep-seeded issues that they may not be dealing with, but that's not representative of the whole or even the majority. As I've said before, I believe that a lot of the anger that comes into the debate is due to the fact that unfortunately, the loons on both sides are running the debate.

The anti-gay movement is no more at fault for this than the gay rights activists who try to cram their lifestyle choice down other peoples' throats, only to scoff when someone doesn't like them, and call them homophobes, then sit there and pull the lame ass "Well, secretly they're really gay." It's a bully tactic, and has no place in grown-up debate.
    The reason it gets any traction is because all too often it's true. Those who are the most rabidly anti gay turn out to be gay themselves...and it happens all the time in the GOP. Personally I think anyone who's gay and republican is a self hater and not capable of speaking to the issue.

Homophobes are homophobes...it's a phobia, not rational etc. etc. etc. all too often it's over compensating for gay 'feelings'...fear, fear...be afraid...what the hell is the 'gay agenda' anyway?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
    The reason it gets any traction is because all too often it's true. Those who are the most rabidly anti gay turn out to be gay themselves...and it happens all the time in the GOP. Personally I think anyone who's gay and republican is a self hater and not capable of speaking to the issue.

Homophobes are homophobes...it's a phobia, not rational etc. etc. etc. all too often it's over compensating for gay 'feelings'...fear, fear...be afraid...what the hell is the 'gay agenda' anyway?

If you don't know what the gay agenda is, you are one.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

So, someone who has a phobia of snakes, is themselves a snake? Happens all the time in the Democratic party. Personally, I think anyone who's afraid of snakes and democratic is a self-hater and not capable of speaking to the issue of Ophidiophobia.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It does not happen "All the time", it happens maybe once a year or two, that's not "All the time", any more than Christmas happens "All the Time"/

Dislike is not a phobia, it's a dislike or hatred, but not a fear (aka a phobia). It's like calling gay people Heterophobes, it's no less disinegenuous
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    If you don't know what the gay agenda is, you are one.
    Which means what exactly? If ask you to be more forthcoming I'm gay? LMAO...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I read that article. Now I am starting to wondering about you guys.

Any time you want to come to Arkansas I'm willing to prove to you I'm not gay.

My wife on the other hand has seen your picture and advises that she might go at least bi.