Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post
    What do you think PTSD is? I'm not an "over-reactive person". I'm a person who over reacts. I'm not THAT kind of person. Something in me reacts, but I am not that reaction. I'm the one aware of the overreaction.

Do you know the difference?
    Yes.

If posting on a message board triggers your PTSD, then perhaps you should take a step back until you've developed the coping skills for participating here.

And, if you are aware of the overreaction, how are you working to overcome that by coming to a board that is definitely going to cause you to overreact?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Yes.

If posting on a message board triggers your PTSD, then perhaps you should take a step back until you've developed the coping skills for participating here.

And, if you are aware of the overreaction, how are you working to overcome that by coming to a board that is definitely going to cause you to overreact?
    OK. That's what I've been saying. I don't belong here. The community cannot tolerate how I am and I cannot be other than how I am right now.

Surrender Dorothy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

OK. That's what I've been saying. I don't belong here. The community cannot tolerate how I am and I cannot be other than how I am right now.

Surrender Dorothy.
    You can be other than how you are. It's a conscious choice to think about your reaction and look at different possibilities and then choose the one that will move you away from the place you are stuck.

We are not here to enable the behavior you want to change. Which is why we are on your case all the time. We know you want to change, but you have to be the one that chooses how to make it happen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Surrender Dorothy.
    I am going to reveal something to the board about myself that I think you'll find amusing. My birth name is Dorothy also.

So, every time CH uses that name it catches my attention because I think he's speaking to me.

So, we do have something in common.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am going to reveal something to the board about myself that I think you'll find amusing. My birth name is Dorothy also.

So, every time CH uses that name it catches my attention because I think he's speaking to me.

Oh Lawd, just what this board needed LOL

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I am Dorothy.

:solidarity:
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Surrender Dorothy.
    You take posts too seriously! Think of a post as fodder for a discussion. You are in a position of weakness if you can't address every point of view. You may notice I tend to avoid the "steel cage". However it's not because I can't handle it, it's just that there are better things to talk about.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    I am Dorothy.

:solidarity:
    LOL quick someone find a solidarity icon for dorothy. That's awesome. Let's have a ten million Dorothy march.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry------ I AM SPARTACUS

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We're certainly envious of the first class citizenship hets have and we don't.
    You have the same exact citizenship everyone else does.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My grandmother's first name was Dorothy. My mom wanted to name me Dotty...my dad didn't like that (too cutesy he said). So, they gave me her middle name instead.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You think it's a sin to BE homosexual. That's on you. Jesus wouldn't condemn us.
    No. He would simply invite you to repent and sin no more. And He does. His arms are always out to welcome us to righteousness and love.

That's His invitation to all people. Yet, you seem to think that He should make an exception in your case for some reason. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Wickedness never was and never is happiness. Which is why Christ atoned and died for us. So that we can overcome our human nature and be born again of the Spirit. Through Him we have the power to change our very nature. He can and will change us from corruption to incorruption. He will help us overcome our habits and natures. He will change us from mortality to immortality. From humanity to divinity.

When you feel the pure joy of the Holy Spirit touch your life, you realize that you can do all things in Christ. It doesnt matter how vile and horrible we have been as a person. Nor how good and positive we have. When you are touched by the Spirit you realize immediately how man is nothing compared to God and yet everything to Him.

I cannot convey the joy that comes from the fact that I can say with all honesty that "I know that my Redeemer Lives!" I will always remember the day when I first recognized the Spirit touched me. He overwhelmed me. Brought me to my knees. Brought me to tears in pure joy and gave me hope. It's because of my experience with the Spirit that I know God has power because I've felt it to such a degree that I would be lying if I denied it. When the Spirit touches you, you can begin to truly comprehend pure love. Even the emotions I feel looking at my wife and daughter are just a glimpses of what I have felt from God.

Im going to be honest. I want you to repent. I want everyone to repent. I want to repent more. I want to be more and more inline with God. I want to be able to taste of the Pure love of Christ and share it with everyone I meet. It's a high in a way. It makes you want to love others. It makes you want to bless them and makes you want them to feel love.

We all have our choices to make. We all have to search for God on our own. We all have to go through the processes of humbling ourselves before Him. We have to go through the process of giving up our fears and replacing it with faith. We all have to ask questions, study, think things through with our mind and experiment on the Word. But Ive found that those who do, recieve happiness and joy being description. They are full of love. God will invite you follow Him, but if you choose another path He will still lift you as much as He can on your pathway.

I wish my words could do justice to what I've experienced. They can't. But I rejoice everyday that God can work even with my imperfections. Id truly be lost without His love and power in my life.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I appreciate that your religion comforts you, avatar. I'm sorry about the views you have of homosexual people. It saddens me what you believe.
    s

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I appreciate that your religion comforts you, avatar. I'm sorry about the views you have of homosexual people. It saddens me what you believe.
    s
    Why dpes it sadden you? Where are your threads condemning islam? Just as am example

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No point answering you, CH.

I'm staying on the joke and music threads. No more fighting spirt allowed.