Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default Sometimes there are no words.

Poor critters.

If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Sometimes there are...

Tasty!
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Poor critters.

You're a carnivoreaphobe.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Tasty!
    *so* witty, never heard this before.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    *so* witty, never heard this before.
    The shows not over yet, quit her heckling
    Would 'medium-rare' count as one word or two?
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I encourage folks to get on the Youtube and find Food, Inc. Eye-opening.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Eating meat is one thing, being inhumane to animals do to it wrong. killing and animals quickly is proper. This other is just wrong.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Eating meat is one thing, being inhumane to animals do to it wrong. killing and animals quickly is proper. This other is just wrong.
    Exactly, a UK group that I volunteer for, Animal Aid, is trying to get a bill raised in parliament that requires all slaughterhouses to have CCTV in operation on the killing floor, which can be reviewed by groups like AniAid, after a three year investagation in 9 slaughter houses they found 8 to be in serious breech of animal rights, the workers were kicking, spitting on, urinating etc on the animals.

Two workers were arrested after kicking a pig to death, but the response from the slaughte house industry has been less than inspiring, rather than seein what has happened and agreeing to voluntarily put CCTV inside the building, several of them have now installed new CCTV outside their buildings...this is nothing tto do with meat eating, it's aanimal suffering, regardless of whetger or not someone eats meat they'd have to be something verging on sick to regard is treatment of animals to be fine.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    I encourage folks to get on the Youtube and find Food, Inc. Eye-opening.
    +1, a must watch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I get there are differences. But the USDA, iirc, allows a 5 percent failure rate for swift kill. You see a video with back to back failures with some statistic listing any number of these occurrences, failing to mention the tens of thousands of humane kills. Its disingenuous IMO.

Not to mention, I'll accept critical analysis on this subject with grain of salt from anyone who's not killed a higher order animal. I do know the difference between a swift kill and one that isn't. I've had both and both bring a feeling of loss, and a hint of regret that I assuage with the belief I'm doing this for a reason which justifies the act. Maybe it doesn't justify it to all, but it does me.
    Now there are ample reasons to reduce meat consumption; such graphic scare tactics, however, I find offensive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I know that kosher beef eats better. Some of it has to do with the way it's killed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I love steaks and such just as much as others. But I'm more of an animal lover than most. I'm ignorant and admit it. It saddens me to see stuff like in the OP and I can only wish its false. If it's not, the slaughterhouses should invest a LOT of $$$ to make their "ways" better so it never happens to any of them.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I love steaks and such just as much as others. But I'm more of an animal lover than most. I'm ignorant and admit it. It saddens me to see stuff like in the OP and I can only wish its false. If it's not, the slaughterhouses should invest a LOT of $$$ to make their "ways" better so it never happens to any of them.
    What do you have to say about lobsters that are no good if not cooked alive? I'm against unnecessary cruelty, but some processes are a culinary necessity. What do you think of California's ban on Foie Gras?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    What do you have to say about lobsters that are no good if not cooked alive?
    I grew up going to Forked River, NJ where my grandparents lived and went crabbing right in their backyard. A crab would bite me in the bucket and I wanted to decapitate the little bastard. 20 mins later I would be upset when my Grandma put it in the boiling water.

Same thing, I'm ignorant. I love crabs and lobster but can no longer cook them. My brain somehow blocks out their impending doom.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    What do you have to say about lobsters that are no good if not cooked alive? I'm against unnecessary cruelty, but some processes are a culinary necessity. What do you think of California's ban on Foie Gras?
    I think dead is dead, and I don't hear them trying to stop tuna from getting sold, just make sure no dolphins are getting caught in the nets. I generally believe that you should get as much out of an animal as possible when you kill it, and the kill should be the quickest possible.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org