Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Not sure if this was posted already or not, but here's another take from a Planned Parenthood in Virginia:

“Patients who have a surgical abortion generally come in for two appointments. At the first visit we do a health assessment, perform all the necessary lab work, and do an ultrasound. This visit generally takes about an hour. At the second visit, the procedure takes place. This visit takes about an hour as well. For out of town patients for whom it would be difficult to make two trips to our office, we’re able to schedule both the initial appointment and the procedure on the same day.

Medical abortions generally require three visits. At the first visit, we do a health assessment, perform all the necessary lab work, and do an ultrasound. This visit takes about an hour. At the second visit, the physician gives the first pill and directions for taking two more pills at home. The third visit is required during which you will have an exam and another ultrasound.”
    And from the article:

From a health perspective, these ultrasounds are critical. They detect the exact age of the fetus, which often dictates which type of abortion procedure the woman can receive. They can also spot potential complications that could impact the procedure, like ectopic pregnancies. In clinics that don’t have access to ultrasound technology, sometimes pelvic exams can be used as a substitute. But those are arguably just as invasive as the transvaginal ultrasounds pro-choice activists are decrying.
    I'm wondering, if these procedures were not done, and something like the bold should happen, or a patient is injured as a result of something that could have been detected with an ultrasound - would they want any type of recourse, whether monetarily or against a physicians right to practice. I would almost go as far as to say it's up to the doctor. Should something go wrong, they can be held liable for malpractice. At any rate, there are other articles out there just like this one but from other states. It seems the more I find the more I believe that PP's policy is like this all over.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/20...e/#more-784472
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    You can spin the study any way you like, but your own fact that one site never does one is proof it's not a medical necessity OR PP policy. You can post the data over and over again, it won't change that fact.
    What exactly am I spinning? Odds are the reason one site didn't offer vaginal ultrasound was because they lacked the equipment. Take a look at the 13 barriers to early abortions; youll find vag ultrasounds(equipment/training) to be two of those barriers. If anyone is spinning something it's those who claim vaginal ultrasound is a punitive procedure; controverted by the regularity of the procedure, as documented by a study conducted at the behest of the National Abortion Federation. I suppose you think they're spinning the facts too.
    It's not my fact, it is fact. There are always exceptions; even if the law requiring an ultrasound were passed, there'd be exceptions. Indeed 8% of respondants reported using neither a blood or urine pregnancy tests before performing an abortion; so i suppose you'd say pregnancy tests aren't a medical standard either. Talk about spin!

Btw, the study wasn't just planned parenthood facilities; it included independent facilities. Maybe try reading it before you dismiss it. Or don't, but ignorance is unbecoming.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    What exactly am I spinning? Odds are the reason one site didn't offer vaginal ultrasound was because they lacked the equipment. Take a look at the 13 barriers to early abortions; youll find vag ultrasounds(equipment/training) to be two of those barriers. If anyone is spinning something it's those who claim vaginal ultrasound is a punitive procedure; controverted by the regularity of the procedure, as documented by a study conducted at the behest of the National Abortion Federation. I suppose you think they're spinning the facts too.
    It's not my fact, it is fact. There are always exceptions; even if the law requiring an ultrasound were passed, there'd be exceptions. Indeed 8% of respondants reported using neither a blood or urine pregnancy tests before performing an abortion; so i suppose you'd say pregnancy tests aren't a medical standard either. Talk about spin!

Btw, the study wasn't just planned parenthood facilities; it included independent facilities. Maybe try reading it before you dismiss it. Or don't, but ignorance is unbecoming.
    99% of Planned Parenthood abortion facilities do them beforehand.
    Actually, I did.

And you keep offering arguments(bolded) that establish transvaginal ultrasounds are not medical necessity.
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    Actually, I did.

And you keep offering arguments(bolded) that establish transvaginal ultrasounds are not medical necessity.
    Did I ever claim they were a medical necessity? I claimed they were a medical standard for early abortions; planned parenthood stated the same, and data from a study supports that. you claimed they were punitive; do you think planned parenthood implements a standard of care which is punitive...which side are you arguing to anyways? You're sounding more like a pro-lifer.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Fixed that for you:

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Abbey, are you really a wealthy WASP man who cares nothing about women's health?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey