Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Girl Scout Candy Bars Coming to Retailers From Nestle

As if eating too many Girl Scout cookies isn't a tough-enough temptation, here comes a new one: the Girl Scout candy bar.
    Tuesday, Nestlé will announce plans to make a limited-edition Nestlé Crunch Girl Scout Candy Bar, to be sold June through September at retailers nationally. It will not be sold door-to-door. Under the licensing agreement with Girl Scouts of the USA, Nestlé will make three candy bars based on classic Girl Scout cookies: Thin Mints, Caramel Coconut and Peanut Butter Crème.

Even with Girl Scout cookie sales and membership on the upswing during the 100th-year celebration, the deal could raise needed funds with tens of millions of bars expected to be sold. But the move is raising eyebrows of nutritionists.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/girl-...ry?id=16302647

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Is there a brokered a merchandising deal badge now?
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Hopefully it'll flop. Given the number of illegal, immoral, and indefensible history of this company idk why people still buy from it.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Hopefully it'll flop. Given the number of illegal, immoral, and indefensible history of this company idk why people still buy from it.
    Huh? Are you confusing the accusations against BSA and GSA?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Huh? Are you confusing the accusations against BSA and GSA?
    ...not the scouts, Nestle.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Is there a brokered a merchandising deal badge now?
    Well, you gotta roll with the times...so probably.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh good. i was just telling my wife I wish there were even more products out there for us to feel about not purchasing "for the kids"

I mean seriously between my niece and my daughter we have basketball, baseball, choir, girl scouts, soccer, and church ALL wanting to sell us t shirts, candy, cookies, popcorn, magazines............ I mean where does it end?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Oh good. i was just telling my wife I wish there were even more products out there for us to feel about not purchasing "for the kids"

I mean seriously between my niece and my daughter we have basketball, baseball, choir, girl scouts, soccer, and church ALL wanting to sell us t shirts, candy, cookies, popcorn, magazines............ I mean where does it end?
    You forgot even the school...wrapping paper,candles,pizza kits (which are actually pretty darn good btw)...etc....

I wanna try the GS cookie candy bars...they even had GS cookie blizzards at DQ not too long ago (Thin Mint)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    You forgot even the school...wrapping paper,candles,pizza kits (which are actually pretty darn good btw)...etc....

I wanna try the GS cookie candy bars...they even had GS cookie blizzards at DQ not too long ago (Thin Mint)

Yes, forgot about the school fund raisers..........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm tired of looking for the man or whatever label you wish to assign to those leaders in an industry.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm tired of looking for the man or whatever label you wish to assign to those leaders in an industry.
    Nestle is holding Noir back? Who knew...............

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Nestle is holding Noir back? Who knew...............
    You do realize you've failed to post a 'funny post.' So you just thing Noir is what?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

...in the past maybe 4 years i've heard as many scandals involving them, e coli out breaks (that they never accounted for, with cookies no less, i wonder if the girl scouts brought that up in their discussions) illegal deals for milk etc, they are just not a good organisation, and they only realise they're doing something wrong when there's public outrage about it, not a company i'd like to fund, and i don't see why anyone else would, nothing to do with 'the man'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

Edy's makes a thin mint ice cream now.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

...in the past maybe 4 years i've heard as many scandals involving them, e coli out breaks (that they never accounted for, with cookies no less, i wonder if the girl scouts brought that up in their discussions) illegal deals for milk etc, they are just not a good organisation, and they only realise they're doing something wrong when there's public outrage about it, not a company i'd like to fund, and i don't see why anyone else would, nothing to do with 'the man'
    The problem is, Noir, that almost any organization, given 100 years and a worldwide span, is going to have scandals. Should we close the Ronald McDonald house? Yeah, things go off the rails at times, but Girl Scouts is actually teaching girls a number of skills they wouldn't otherwise have, and with Boy Scouts, it gave me a place to fit in, a place I sorely needed growing up. So how many kids like me should be screwed out of all the good because a small portion of the adults are hooting dickholes?
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org