Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

.I'm fiendish for a thin mint now; I'll take my chances on e coli.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    The problem is, Noir, that almost any organization, given 100 years and a worldwide span, is going to have scandals. Should we close the Ronald McDonald house? Yeah, things go off the rails at times, but Girl Scouts is actually teaching girls a number of skills they wouldn't otherwise have, and with Boy Scouts, it gave me a place to fit in, a place I sorely needed growing up. So how many kids like me should be screwed out of all the good because a small portion of the adults are hooting dickholes?
    And as far as Noir can produce, it was only accusations, not links to proof.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

The problem is, Noir, that almost any organization, given 100 years and a worldwide span, is going to have scandals. Should we close the Ronald McDonald house? Yeah, things go off the rails at times, but Girl Scouts is actually teaching girls a number of skills they wouldn't otherwise have, and with Boy Scouts, it gave me a place to fit in, a place I sorely needed growing up. So how many kids like me should be screwed out of all the good because a small portion of the adults are hooting dickholes?
    ...I'm not talking about the scouts, i'm talking about Nestle, and i'm not talking about things that have happened 40, 60, 80 years ago, i'm talking about things that i've read in the news papers since i've been applying to Uni, thats like 5 years at most, and i know some were much more recent than that.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    ...I'm not talking about the scouts, i'm talking about Nestle, and i'm not talking about things that have happened 40, 60, 80 years ago, i'm talking about things that i've read in the news papers since i've been applying to Uni, thats like 5 years at most, and i know some were much more recent than that.
    And all these links are posted in current topics, where? Attack the company or at least question. You're trying to play US politics and not likely to end well.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Edy's makes a thin mint ice cream now.
    Yummy...I looked it up. They also have Tagalongs and Samoas.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    And all these links are posted in current topics, where? Attack the company or at least question. You're trying to play US politics and not likely to end well.
    1 - Go to wikipedia
    2 - Search Nestle
    3 - Read.

If you really want i'll look up news articles for you too, or record a video of me reading the stories out so you don't even have to read the words, much less search for them.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes, and they also run huge charitable organizations, which will cease to exist when they do. Look it up, they donate to animal groups, girl scouts, so many other organizations, some even of their own creation. So, you wanna be the one to tell those folks they've lost the funding? Yes, companies do shady stuff, it happens, and it's happened for a long time. My thought on it, however, is that it happens far less these days than it used to, for precisely the point that you heard about it. We're all so interconnected these days that companies fear the court of public opinion far more than hitting the inside of the courtroom.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I've made thin mints at home and just DAMN! So good anytime I want them and cheaper too. It's Despicable, I know! So, who wants the recipe?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I've made thin mints at home and just DAMN! So good anytime I want them and cheaper too. It's Despicable, I know! So, who wants the recipe?
    Let's have it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Yes, and they also run huge charitable organizations, which will cease to exist when they do. Look it up, they donate to animal groups, girl scouts, so many other organizations, some even of their own creation. So, you wanna be the one to tell those folks they've lost the funding? Yes, companies do shady stuff, it happens, and it's happened for a long time. My thought on it, however, is that it happens far less these days than it used to, for precisely the point that you heard about it. We're all so interconnected these days that companies fear the court of public opinion far more than hitting the inside of the courtroom.
    I'm sure they do good aswell, and all companies will have some bad in them at some point, but Nestle is an awful offender.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm sure they do good aswell, and all companies will have some bad in them at some point, but Nestle is an awful offender.
    Because they're actually awful, or because it stood out and was reported more than other companies? Nestle is a company that sells to kids, and I hate to say it like this, but that means when they screw up, it is far more likely to make headlines.

Microsoft had a de facto monopoly going for years before the anti-trust laws hit them, and they knew it. Didn't stop them, or even slow them down. Sure, they got broken up, and it was reported, but once it was past, that was it, it was over.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Hopefully it'll flop. Given the number of illegal, immoral, and indefensible history of this company idk why people still buy from it.
    Because we like chocolate!
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Because they're actually awful, or because it stood out and was reported more than other companies? Nestle is a company that sells to kids, and I hate to say it like this, but that means when they screw up, it is far more likely to make headlines.

Microsoft had a de facto monopoly going for years before the anti-trust laws hit them, and they knew it. Didn't stop them, or even slow them down. Sure, they got broken up, and it was reported, but once it was past, that was it, it was over.
    Buying milk illegally from Mugabe farms, adding melamine to baby formula, or what about demanding a country payback millions of dollars of debt while that country was going through a serve famine?...All within the last decade and there is of course more.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Because we like chocolate!
    ...but so do I.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

...but so do I.
    ....but we really like chocolate. Like in a I don't care if people die, I've got to have it kinda way.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99