Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loosecannon View Post
    Sorry but the fallacy is yours.

You didn't ask any questions.

I did address your comments.

Whatever irony you may find in the subject vs the fee is mitigated quite a lot by the fact that Edwards charges about a third of Guilianni's fee.
    MY Fallacy? I pointed out the IRONY of the "Charging $55000 to talk about POVERTY" and you started bringing up Guilianni. Rudy has NOTHING to do with this story - you're simply trying to divert the conversation. Get it?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    MY Fallacy? I pointed out the IRONY of the "Charging $55000 to talk about POVERTY" and you started bringing up Guilianni. Rudy has NOTHING to do with this story - you're simply trying to divert the conversation. Get it?
    That Rudy charges even higher fees than Edwards is very relevant to this thread, which started out with the thread parent getting all bent out of shape over Edwards charging $55K plus expenses.

Maybe the thread parent could suggest what he/she considers a more reasonable fee.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bringing up the fact that Edwards charges (relative) bargain rates for his speaking engagments covering POVERTY seems fully on topic to me.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Bringing up the fact that Edwards charges (relative) bargain rates for his speaking engagments covering POVERTY seems fully on topic to me.
    Of COURSE it would, to you...why wouldn't it?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Of COURSE it would, to you...why wouldn't it?
    so why doesn't it to you DMP?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

so why doesn't it to you DMP?
    Because it's absolutely BESIDE the point. The point is -

It's IRONIC somebody would charge FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS to speak to a Public School about "POVERTY". See? See the irony there? That irony is the point. Not Rudi's fees...or Michael Moore's Fees....or the Fee to cross the new Tacoma Narrows Bridge.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's IRONIC somebody would charge FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS to speak to a Public School about "POVERTY". See? See the irony there? That irony is the point. Not Rudi's fees...or Michael Moore's Fees....or the Fee to cross the new Tacoma Narrows Bridge.
    So what would you consider to be a reasonable fee?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

there is a new Tacoma Narrows bridge?

Well the irony of the fee for poverty speaking is much more ironic when you take it out of a context in which the fee is actually a relative bargain.

Does the context matter?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdzeye View Post
    For being a guest speaker? $250.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

there is a new Tacoma Narrows bridge?
    Yeah - Toll bridge...the toll will go up to about $5 per car, per trip (Just eastbound).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah - Toll bridge...the toll will go up to about $5 per car, per trip (Just eastbound).
    what happened to the old bridge?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

what happened to the old bridge?
    This is an "Additional" bridge.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/sr1..._designviz.cfm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For being a guest speaker? $250.

My quilting guilds pay more than that to guest speakers at our meetings! (Plus travel expenses)

And our speakers aren't anywhere near as well known as Edwards!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If he's gonna preach about how horrible poverty is in this country and how it's all his fault, I think he should go ahead and charge the $55K, but then give it all away. After all, he can afford it, and how am I supposed to think he's genuine when he charges more than I make in a year to tell me how I need to vote to have more of my hard-earned money taken by force of law and given to a bunch of ingrates who think they're entitled to it?
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

My quilting guilds pay more than that to guest speakers at our meetings! (Plus travel expenses)

And our speakers aren't anywhere near as well known as Edwards!

Heck - $250 + travel = MORE than enough. ESPECIALLY if the subject is 'poverty'