Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LOki View Post
    ...and all sensible reasons are selfish reasons.
    The reasons mentioned - MOST of the 'reasons' in the piece are immensely short-sighted and selfish in nature.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Mr. P...is it okay to wear white after labor day? I don't get the off-topic question. Essplayn?
    Not off topic really, is it selfish to earn a living?
    That's what the girls are doing.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    If that's the only way they can earn a living, I have to wonder what they were taught growing up...

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Good thing their occupation-of-choice wasn't drug-running...or bank-robbing eh?

The article praises Made-up Facts about life in Biblical times, Bullshit psycho-babble about 'teaching' and pseudo-services offered by whores. You can try all you like to paint it as 'natural and innocent and valid'; doesn't change the fact you're wrong.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    If that's the only way they can earn a living, I have to wonder what they were taught growing up...
    Has nothing to do with it.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has nothing to do with it.
    I think it has plenty to do with it.. Self worth, for one.. You don't think enough of yourself to settle down, and lead a decent life, but you have no problem laying down for anyone with a wallet?

Ick.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Good thing their occupation-of-choice wasn't drug-running...or bank-robbing eh?

The article praises Made-up Facts about life in Biblical times, Bullshit psycho-babble about 'teaching' and pseudo-services offered by whores. You can try all you like to paint it as 'natural and innocent and valid'; doesn't change the fact you're wrong.
    I am not trying to paint it at all...I do think the girls that work in 'legal' operations have every right to do so, regardless of what other people think.
    They are making a living and that's not selfish..we all sell ourselves in some way to do the same.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think it has plenty to do with it.. Self worth, for one.. You don't think enough of yourself to settle down, and lead a decent life, but you have no problem laying down for anyone with a wallet?

Ick.
    Do you know they are not settled down and leading a decent life?
    I don't, nor do I know how they feel about their self worth.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you know they are not settled down and leading a decent life?
    I don't, nor do I know how they feel about their self worth.
    *shrug* Maybe you have to be a girl to think the way I do.. I couldn't even begin to entertain the thought of selling my body for money during the day, and going home to make dinner at night. (Or, vice-versa if you want to get that picky)

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I am not trying to paint it at all...I do think the girls that work in 'legal' operations have every right to do so, regardless of what other people think.
    They are making a living and that's not selfish..we all sell ourselves in some way to do the same.
    It's impossible to debate this with you, P - You seem to think people do not possess a 'soul' - something special, which separates us from Animals. Something inside which can be hurt or even destroyed. I could go on and on about Sex being only about half 'physical' and go into the OTHER half - the part of our very soul which connects even for an instant to those whom we're nailing...but - what's the point?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

*shrug* Maybe you have to be a girl to think the way I do.. I couldn't even begin to entertain the thought of selling my body for money during the day, and going home to make dinner at night. (Or, vice-versa if you want to get that picky)
    I understand that, and all jobs aren't for everyone either.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's impossible to debate this with you, P - You seem to think people do not possess a 'soul' - something special, which separates us from Animals. Something inside which can be hurt or even destroyed. I could go on and on about Sex being only about half 'physical' and go into the OTHER half - the part of our very soul which connects even for an instant to those whom we're nailing...but - what's the point?
    We can't debate because I'm arguing logic not religious belief. You restrained yourself well.

Above the Best

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

We can't debate because I'm arguing logic not religious belief. You restrained yourself well.
    Sort of a left-handed compliment? The fallacy in your statement is this: Religion is/can be quite logical. You trying to separate the two seems just a way for you to puff yourself up; and prance around in your "I'm so SMART" hat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The reasons mentioned - MOST of the 'reasons' in the piece are immensely short-sighted and selfish in nature.
    Irrelevent. Although short-sighted means neither sensible or senseless; it doesn't mean right or wrong either.

I can't imagine how far-sighted senslessness can be considered better than short-sighted senselessness, I can, however, understand how short-sighted sense is better then far-sighted senselessness; and since sensible always means selfish, I don't necessarily have a problem with selfish and short-sighted reasons.
    "... whenever any number of men, calling themselves a government, do anything to another man, or to his property, which they had no right to do as individuals, they thereby declare themselves trespassers, robbers, or murderers, according to the nature of their acts." - Lysander Spooner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sort of a left-handed compliment? The fallacy in your statement is this: Religion is/can be quite logical. You trying to separate the two seems just a way for you to puff yourself up; and prance around in your "I'm so SMART" hat.
    No, I'm not doing that at all, just presenting my opinion in a reasonable way.

I think it's reasonable and logical for an individual to choose the work they do and have the privacy to do so, regardless of what others think (Talking legal work of course).

Above the Best