Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
So, you're saying it's okay to take away rights when YOU think it's best for society Jim. Can't you see that? What happens when someone decides telling Jim to shut up is what is best for society and you're looking for the rest of us to insist that you have your rights?

Either we ALL have rights, or none of us do.
What happens when society makes drug laws, ages of consent, prostitution, speeding law... I can do this all night too. Society has ALWAYS ruled in favor of what is good for society as a whole. It's no different than voting. Society will vote on a HELL of a lot more than just politicians. How DARE they decide what is best for society and their neighborhoods.

Society has already made more than enough laws that I disagree with, and I'm not crying for recourse. I'll even admit that there are a few that while I disagree with them, I know inside they are correct and they aren't things society should be embracing. Having "rights" doesn't mean you should just be able to do whatever the fuck you can think of in this world, and do it without impunity.