Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'm not debating the legalities with either of you. This is kinda one of those things that either you think is ok, not ok, or should be ok only because it would be wrong not do. Me, just don't want no part of it. I'm of the belief that kids are best with a mother and a father - not 2 fathers, not 2 mothers, not 1 father and 4 mothers. We all have our opinions, and I'm just of the opinion that these behaviors are the beginning of letting society go further and further down the shithole. If you guys, and others, think there is no reason to prevent this stuff in society, I sure won't be out there with a taser trying to stop you, but I sure as hell won't be one of those trying to push for it and accept it and demand they have rights.
    So, you're saying it's okay to take away rights when YOU think it's best for society Jim. Can't you see that? What happens when someone decides telling Jim to shut up is what is best for society and you're looking for the rest of us to insist that you have your rights?

Either we ALL have rights, or none of us do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    So, you're saying it's okay to take away rights when YOU think it's best for society Jim. Can't you see that? What happens when someone decides telling Jim to shut up is what is best for society and you're looking for the rest of us to insist that you have your rights?

Either we ALL have rights, or none of us do.
    What happens when society makes drug laws, ages of consent, prostitution, speeding law... I can do this all night too. Society has ALWAYS ruled in favor of what is good for society as a whole. It's no different than voting. Society will vote on a HELL of a lot more than just politicians. How DARE they decide what is best for society and their neighborhoods.

Society has already made more than enough laws that I disagree with, and I'm not crying for recourse. I'll even admit that there are a few that while I disagree with them, I know inside they are correct and they aren't things society should be embracing. Having "rights" doesn't mean you should just be able to do whatever the fuck you can think of in this world, and do it without impunity.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What happens when society makes drug laws, ages of consent, prostitution, speeding law... I can do this all night too. Society has ALWAYS ruled in favor of what is good for society as a whole. It's no different than voting. Society will vote on a HELL of a lot more than just politicians. How DARE they decide what is best for society and their neighborhoods.

Society has already made more than enough laws that I disagree with, and I'm not crying for recourse. I'll even admit that there are a few that while I disagree with them, I know inside they are correct and they aren't things society should be embracing. Having "rights" doesn't mean you should just be able to do whatever the fuck you can think of in this world, and do it without impunity.
    Yes , society has always made laws, but those laws are applied fairly and equitably, or at least they are supposed to be. Using one of your examples. Let me ask you this, would it be alright to make speeding laws apply ONLY to gays?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Btw, while cheating on your spouse is legal, it can still have ramifications. You can lose support and a lot more in divorce proceedings and many pre-nups protect against cheating as well. And I also don't think polygamy is built on trust and love. Many say the same about homosexuals. Many of them see both of them as a path to their perversions. If someone was TRULY in it for trust and love, they would do so with one partner - or they're not in love.
    Jimbo at least with queers its never ever been about love or marriage as i've stated time and again, here is some ironclad proof:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_163721.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Jimbo at least with queers its never ever been about love or marriage as i've stated time and again, here is some ironclad proof:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_163721.html
    That proves 2 things.

1. That gays divorce, just like straights
    2. You spend way too much time googling gay.

It doesn't however prove that gays don't fall in love.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Exactly, we make laws all the time based solely upon what is best for society because a functioning society must set limits or its nothing more than anarchy.

Anyway, the 14th amendment as its currently written and the rights contained within it are not being denied to gay lifestyle choosers, they have access to every right contained in it only they do not have the right to break the laws in states that have banned it. No judge can overturn a ban based upon the equal protection clause and be serious.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That proves 2 things.

1. That gays divorce, just like straights
    2. You spend way too much time googling gay.

Bullshit, you are a fucking moron.

It proves that they got what they wanted politically and now its back to the rampant promiscuity.

Funny, elementary school kids get that but you don't, maybe its the retardation?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes , society has always made laws, but those laws are applied fairly and equitably, or at least they are supposed to be. Using one of your examples. Let me ask you this, would it be alright to make speeding laws apply ONLY to gays?
    Fairly and equitably to everyone yes but not based upon lifestyle choices that you make that you know going in will have limitations.

Are you really this stupid or are you just shitting us?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Polygamy laws apply to ALL citizens and it's not a target of one select group. That would be akin to a heroin addict claiming discrimination on drug laws because it targets heroin users.

Speeding laws target speeders. Speeding, and subsequent laws, have been determined to be in societies best interest. Same with prostitution laws. Same with the majority of drug laws. Same with age of consent laws. These are all things that society looks at and deems to be bad for it's citizens, and works to protect them AND the entirety.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Maybe not, but way too many gay people are in it for the perversion. Same as polygamists, it's a perversion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Exactly, we make laws all the time based solely upon what is best for society because a functioning society must set limits or its nothing more than anarchy.
    I still hate you, but perfectly stated!

Some think that ANYTHING goes, so long is it doesn't hurt others and doesn't apply to children. WRONG!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Polygamy laws apply to ALL citizens and it's not a target of one select group. That would be akin to a heroin addict claiming discrimination on drug laws because it targets heroin users.

Speeding laws target speeders. Speeding, and subsequent laws, have been determined to be in societies best interest. Same with prostitution laws. Same with the majority of drug laws. Same with age of consent laws. These are all things that society looks at and deems to be bad for it's citizens, and works to protect them AND the entirety.
    I conceded that the difference between homosexuality and polygamy is that polygamy is illegal while gay marriage is not. Even in states where game marriages are not performed they are not illegal. That's a significant difference.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bullshit, you are a fucking moron.

It proves that they got what they wanted politically and now its back to the rampant promiscuity.

Funny, elementary school kids get that but you don't, maybe its the retardation?
    One couple divorcing proves nothing of the sort.
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I conceded that the difference between homosexuality and polygamy is that polygamy is illegal while gay marriage is not. Even in states where game marriages are not performed they are not illegal. That's a significant difference.
    But you did state, as per the constitution, that gays had a "right" to marry, and that based on the same argument, polygamists and bigamists should too. Or, as in my opinion, the argument based on the constitution and that's why gays should have the right - that if you argue that, you must also argue that polygamists should enjoy the same rights.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    One couple divorcing proves nothing of the sort.
    Seems to make sense doesn't it.......