Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Jim, I've already proven that you have said the same and worse........
    And unlike you, I have acknowledged that it is disrespectful to have done so, and I haven't done it directly to women as you have done. I'm not ignorant to the fact that when I do so, even out of anger, it IS disrespectful to women.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    And unlike you, I have acknowledged that it is disrespectful to have done so, and I haven't done it directly to women as you have done. I'm not ignorant to the fact that when I do so, even out of anger, it IS disrespectful to women.
    Bullshit you're just flat lying now. I can find examples where you have directed the words towards women. Bet you can't find an example of me calling a poster a whore though . Note I admit to calling Kath a variation on her name once, that wasn't cool and I apologized . So if apologies make it all better than you can't hold that one against me.

You need to sober up. You're going Gunny here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Bullshit you're just flat lying now. I can find examples where you have directed the words towards women. Bet you can't find an example of me calling a poster a whore though . Note I admit to calling Kath a variation on her name once, that wasn't cool and I apologized . So if apologies make it all better than you can't hold that one against me.

You need to sober up. You're going Gunny here.
    Rather than spout your typical nonsense - SHOW ME where I have used the P word directly to a woman on this board. Every example you posted was towards the guys, still not great, but better than directing your language right at a woman.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rather than spout your typical nonsense - SHOW ME where I have used the P word directly to a woman on this board. Every example you posted was towards the guys, still not great, but better than directing your language right at a woman.
    I'm done discussing this with you Jim. You're being a hypocrite, end of story.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm done discussing this with you Jim. You're being a hypocrite, end of story.
    Oh, the beginning of when someone knows they're going down the wrong avenue. And I'm not a hypocrite. ONE of us acknowledges they have said bad things. ONE of us acknowledges that it's disrespectful towards women. ONE of us truly thinks it's normal to talk like that with women. That ONE, is not me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh, the beginning of when someone knows they're going down the wrong avenue. And I'm not a hypocrite. ONE of us acknowledges they have said bad things. ONE of us acknowledges that it's disrespectful towards women. ONE of us truly thinks it's normal to talk like that with women. That ONE, is not me.
    So your argument boils down to "hey its all good as long as you admit it was wrong to say?"

LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

So your argument boils down to "hey its all good as long as you admit it was wrong to say?"

LOL
    Mostly boils down to one guy who talks vulgar to and in front of ladies and thinks it's acceptable and no disrespect involved. Admitting it was wrong doesn't absolve one of their actions, but it helps when others know it's out of the norm for that person. No need for that with you though as you think it's perfectly acceptable to talk the vulgarity with women. It's not out of the norm for you, just typical behavior that you defend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mostly boils down to one guy who talks vulgar to and in front of ladies and thinks it's acceptable and no disrespect involved. Admitting it was wrong doesn't absolve one of their actions, but it helps when others know it's out of the norm for that person. No need for that with you though as you think it's perfectly acceptable to talk the vulgarity with women. It's not out of the norm for you, just typical behavior that you defend.
    Jim, let's just cut the bullshit.

You will talk to any woman any way you want if you don't like her or if she makes you mad. You've called WS every name in the book; as an example including a 2 dollar whore. You did later apologize; just as I apologized when I called Kath a variation of her name. Does that make it any less respectful? Of course it doesn't; BUT you know what; in a way it IS showing them respect; it's saying "hey you're equal to one of the guys and so I will talk to you in the same manner"

Now, if you want certain words left off the board completely, pass a fucking rule and I'll abide by that rule, you know I will. But just to come out of the blue and say "hey it's wrong when YOU say words that I use myself when I'm mad" doesn't cut it with me.

Oh, and using foul language IN posts whether than directed AT certain posters is not the same thing anyway. 99% of my cursing is not directed at any person. IOW I may say "it's fucking icky" in a post, but i rarely post "fuck you" to a poster. IMHO one is disrespectful , the other is not.

I recognize that it is an opinion, you should do the same.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

BUT you know what; in a way it IS showing them respect; it's saying "hey you're equal to one of the guys and so I will talk to you in the same manner"
    Where the hell is the shaking your head in disbelief and amazement smiley?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Where the hell is the shaking your head in disbelief and amazement smiley?

That's a fact OCA . If I'm willing to say "OCA you're out of your fucking mind" why wouldn't I also be willing to say "Shadow you're out of your fucking mind" just as an example? Shadow is not some delicate little flower who needs to be protected from foul language.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That's a fact OCA . If I'm willing to say "OCA you're out of your fucking mind" why wouldn't I also be willing to say "Shadow you're out of your fucking mind" just as an example? Shadow is not some delicate little flower who needs to be protected from foul language.
    I guess chivalry is dead in the South, eh?

Oh btw...that poll is 2-0, not looking good for ya.
    Last edited by OCA; 06-10-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah and I bet 2 women voted...............

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Make it 3-0 because I disagree with Conhog on this.
    He defends his blithering comments like crack addicts defend their drug habit.
    Conhog straighten up dude, no spin will work on this one.. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

yeah and I bet 2 women voted...............
    I didn't vote.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I didn't vote.
    My bad, I had only read this last page and saw the discussion between Jimmy and Conhog about using foul language directly about and to women here. My reply was against Conhog's stand that it shows respect to the woman to speak that way. When you stated 2-0 I mistakenly thought you were speaking of that and had indicated that you and Jimmy thought /voted 2-0 against the little boy wonder's stand.--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.