Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Default Afghanistan: should we stay or should we go?

now or later?

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5OH6ELKq2nw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="360" width="640"></object>

Obama says 2014,
    I say 7 years ago.

14 billion(?) more if we stay till 2014.
    Last edited by revelarts; 06-09-2012 at 10:50 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It would be nice if normal people could get all the info so we could at least have an informed opinion on matters such as these. " Making the world safe for democracy" just doesn't cut it anymore. I say we leave unless they can present a good reason---and I mean REALLY good reason to stay.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    now or later?

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5OH6ELKq2nw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="360" width="640"></object>

Obama says 2014,
    I say 7 years ago.

14 billion(?) more if we stay till 2014.
    Who cares that it costs billions when obama 's borrowed trillion dollar spending is brought up the term billions is quickly cited to be chicken feed by his supporters! Yet those exact same supporters can and will decry billions spent on projects they disapprove of, its hypocrisy at its finest. My nephew did two tours of duty in Iraq and I talked him out of volunteering for a third tour of duty in A-stan. My reasoning won him over to my point of view when I stated that instead of going ALL OUT to win there they play political games that have gotten so many of our guys killed. Do you want to be dead because they are playing silly games instead of going ALL OUT for a brutal win!!??? Yes, I said "brutal" because thats what every win in war is.. Yet being brutal is JUST AS NECESSARY now as it was in WW2 ! For "brutal" check out our bombing campaigns at the close of WW2, especially that of Dresden , Germany and some of the Japanese cities.
    War is hell and usually the one that raises the MOST hell wins!-Tyr

p.s. I support our guys in A-stan but not the piss poor way the war has been waged there.
    This idiotcy of making a huge omelet by breaking FEWER eggs is both stupid and wrong..
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 06-09-2012 at 11:41 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I saw the title and poster, thought to myself, "Gee, I wonder where Rev stands on this issue?"

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

<object style="width: 640px; height: 390px;">

</object>
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Who cares that it costs billions when obama 's borrowed trillion dollar spending is brought up the term billions is quickly cited to be chicken feed by his supporters! Yet those exact same supporters can and will decry billions spent on projects they disapprove of, its hypocrisy at its finest. My nephew did two tours of duty in Iraq and I talked him out of volunteering for a third tour of duty in A-stan. My reasoning won him over to my point of view when I stated that instead of going ALL OUT to win there they play political games that have gotten so many of our guys killed. Do you want to be dead because they are playing silly games instead of going ALL OUT for a brutal win!!??? Yes, I said "brutal" because thats what every win in war is.. Yet being brutal is JUST AS NECESSARY now as it was in WW2 ! For "brutal" check out our bombing campaigns at the close of WW2, especially that of Dresden , Germany and some of the Japanese cities.

p.s. I support our guys in A-stan but not the piss poor way the war has been waged there.
    This idiotcy of making a huge omelet by breaking FEWER eggs is both stupid and wrong..
    Seriously------shitcan the pansy ass ROE's or get out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Seriously------shitcan the pansy ass ROE's or get out.
    No proper action will be taken as long as obama is in charge. The guy is about as smart as a box of rocks. Of course most of his agenda is decided by outside foreign interests and transmitted to us by him reading a teleprompter. Those outside interests decide all major issues not that idiot puppet that they chose because of his mutt status! Yes, that is how far our nation has fallen. This election will decide if those foreign interests(globalist entity) can yet again fffkkk we the people.. A-stan is a minor issue compared to the deliberate destruction of the wealth, might and power of this great nation. If our nation falls all other issues are irrelevant.. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I agree with most of that, I'm not sure why or how things like Dresden were necessary to win the WWII though. And yet not bombing the railroad track to auswitz and the like made more sense. I don't get, not allowing Patton to push on when he had the chance to finish off the enemy either.

I think politically minded types had a hand in the events of WWII as well as the current messes.
    But please can someone tell me what WINNING in Afghanistan means though? Brutal war is fine, great, but against who and to what end?

As far as Obama's borrowed trillions, I'm with ya. But do we need to act like crazy rock stars and burn $100 bills to light our cigars just because we can? And uh ..we can't.

the Gaffer mentioned getting rid of a couple of agencies, that's a saving, I think you mentioned something about cutting welfare ---lazy so n so etc---, well that's a drop in the bucket compared to the cost in Afghanistan, and Obama's trillions to but you think its worth it.
    Last edited by revelarts; 06-09-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No proper action will be taken as long as obama is in charge. The guy is about as smart as a box of rocks. Of course most of his agenda is decided by outside foreign interests and transmitted to us by him reading a teleprompter. Those outside interests decide all major issues not that idiot puppet that they chose because of his mutt status! Yes, that is how far our nation has fallen. This election will decide if those foreign interests(globalist entity) can yet again fffkkk we the people.. A-stan is a minor issue compared to the deliberate destruction of the wealth, might and power of this great nation. If our nation falls all other issues are irrelevant.. --Tyr
    All presidents have begun to look like puppets to me. How much REAL information do you feel you have about the reason we are staying in A-stan ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    I agree with most of that, I'm not sure why or how things like Dresden were necessary to win the WWII though. And yet not bombing the railroad track to auswitz and the like made more sense. I don't get, not allowing Patton to push on when he had the chance to finish off the enemy either.

I think politically minded types had a hand in the events of WWII as well as the current messes.
    But please can someone tell me what WINNING in Afghanistan means though? Brutal war is fine, great, but against who and to what end?

As far as Obama's borrowed trillions, I'm with ya. But do we need to act like crazy rock stars and burn $100 bills to light our cigars just because we can? And uh ..we can't.

the Gaffer mentioned getting rid of a couple of agencies, that's a saving, I think you mentioned something about cutting welfare ---lazy so n so etc---, well that's a drop in the bucket compared to the cost in Afghanistan, and Obama's trillions to but you think its worth it.
    You'd do well to look again at the giveaway programs for they combined are certainly not a drop in the bucket!
    Freehousing, free food, free medical, and a cash check to boot. Millions are getting ALL FOUR simultaneously!!
    Hundreds of billions yearly is by no means a drop on the bucket. Actually its Dem insanity for those programs are all dem babies and dems never fail at election time to tell thier leeches , hey vote for us we gave you this and this and this! So dont try to lay those wasteful insane programs at our feet. Well over 3 trillion dollars spent on the "WAR ON POVERTY" AND WHAT DO WE HAVE? More people in poverty and far less means for them to ever get out of it. That my friend is the damn Dem way...-Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    All presidents have begun to look like puppets to me. How much REAL information do you feel you have about the reason we are staying in A-stan ?
    I do not care to broadcast my sources and my contacts at this time.
    Any proper indepth google search will turn up enough info to make the case about foreign interests, George Soros and obama's delberate nation destroying tactics.
    Perhaps at some future date I will either state some info here or if knowing you better later pm said info directly to you.
    Just because I dare to speak without fear here doesnt mean I want to share certain things with the world at large and the ever aggresive and untrustworthy federal government.
    However, I can and will openly tell you that the high cost of the war in A-stan is a major reason thats its continuing.
    For obama and his admin want us in an ever increasing greater massive debt! --Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any proper indepth google search will turn up enough info to make the case about foreign interests, George Soros and obama's delberate nation destroying tactics.
    Perhaps at some future date I will either state some info here or if knowing you better later pm said info directly to you.
    Just because I dare to speak without fear here doesnt mean I want to share certain things with the world at large and the ever aggresive and untrustworthy federal government.
    However, I can and will openly tell you that the high cost of the war in A-stan is a major reason thats its continuing.
    For obama and his admin want us in an ever increasing greater massive debt!
    --Tyr
    That might be the most ridiculous statement I've ever read. Obama may have a different political philosophy than me, but there is noway he is keeping us in Afghanistan to put us further in debt.

As to the OP's question. Yes , we should be out of A-stan, but NOT because of money, nor even b/c of the cost of human lives; but rather b/c the people of A-stan neither want nor need western style democracy. We're spinning our wheels, the moment we leave their "democracy" will give way , so why bother?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    That might be the most ridiculous statement I've ever read. Obama may have a different political philosophy than me, but there is noway he is keeping us in Afghanistan to put us further in debt.

As to the OP's question. Yes , we should be out of A-stan, but NOT because of money, nor even b/c of the cost of human lives; but rather b/c the people of A-stan neither want nor need western style democracy. We're spinning our wheels, the moment we leave their "democracy" will give way , so why bother?
    Thats your opinion and you are welcome to it. Obvious that you do not believe that obama seeks to weaken this nation by bankrupting it . By putting in place trillion dollar policy committments. I take it that you think his outrageous wasteful spending is mere happenstance , purely mistaken accidents, or maybe great policy?
    Tell me why you think he has us staying there!
    If you say it's for National security or anything to do favorably with the betterment of this nation I completely disagree. -Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For obama and his admin want us in an ever increasing greater massive debt! --Tyr
    Afraid someone will shoot your knee caps off ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats your opinion and you are welcome to it. Obvious that you do not believe that obama seeks to weaken this nation by bankrupting it . By putting in place trillion dollar policy committments. I take it that you think his outrageous wasteful spending is mere happenstance , purely mistaken accidents, or maybe great policy?
    Tell me why you think he has us staying there!
    If you say it's for National security or anything to do favorably with the betterment of this nation I completely disagree. -Tyr
    You're a loon.

Did Bush likewise invade A-stan to put us in debt? No? Oh............