Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

All politicians play to their intended audience. The best example I know is Rick Perry supporting immigration reform while campaigning in the Rio Grand Valley and talking tough on immigration in North Texas.
    Republicans see Democrats as evil. Dems see Republicans as evil. Your vision depends on what side of the fence you are on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    All politicians play to their intended audience. The best example I know is Rick Perry supporting immigration reform while campaigning in the Rio Grand Valley and talking tough on immigration in North Texas.
    Republicans see Democrats as evil. Dems see Republicans as evil. Your vision depends on what side of the fence you are on.
    Maybe. But one thing you could say about GWB...that you can't about Obama. GWB took a stand on his principles...even when they were not popular.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Maybe. But one thing you could say about GWB...that you can't about Obama. GWB took a stand on his principles...even when they were not popular.
    Dubya didn't have any principles. Which is why he wasn't popular.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dubya didn't have any principles. Which is why he wasn't popular.
    That's completely untrue. Dubya was a sincere Christian while in office. I believe he truly tried to make the best decisions based on his faith. Perhaps he even leaned too much on his faith. But to say he had no principles is just flat wrong.

Oh, and he was so disliked b/c so many things went wrong during his terms. That's just the way it works.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Given how they are engaging the enemy there and how they are foolishly costing us the lives of too manyof our men I say pull out. Now if they fought there as an all out war with the sole purpose of winning decisively and quickly no matter the cost I'd say stay and complete the job. All this silly PC type Rules of Engagement point to an entirely insane way to go. As I told and eventually persuaded my nephew , "dont go there and die for politicians's idiotcy"! Thank God he saw it my way. He had already been wounded (roadside bomb) in Iraq and I reminded him that he was my baby sister's only child.. We made the same mistake back in Vietnam War fighting a limited engagement without any overriding plan to fight all out to win decisively and quickly.. Hampering victory by placing in ROE's that aid the enemy is insanity and any man even a great patriot is not required to give up his life for such blatantly insane bullshit..--Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 06-09-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Given how they are engaging the enemy there and how they are foolishly costing us the lives of too manyof our men I say pull out. Now if they fought there as an all out war with the sole purpose of winning decisively and quickly no matter the cost I'd say stay and complete the job. All this silly PC type Rules of Engagement point to an entirely insane way to go. As I told and eventually persuaded my nephew , "dont go there and die for politicians's idiotcy"! Thank God he saw it my way. He had already been wounded (roadside bomb) in Iraq and I reminded him that he was my baby sister's only child.. We made the same mistake back in Vietnam War fighting a limited engagement without any overriding plan to fight all out to win decisively and quickly.. Hampering victory by placing in ROE's that aid the enemy is insanity and any man even a great patriot is not required to give up his life for such blatantly insane bullshit..--Tyr
    Considering we had no right to be there at all, I would say that this makes no sense at all.

Oh, by the way, LBJ thought the same way you did. Look what happened there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Considering we had no right to be there at all, I would say that this makes no sense at all.

I thought it didn't make sense because of the lack of paragraphs and generally poor writing skills.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Well, that too. But I didn't want to use the "intellectually superior" card.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    I thought it didn't make sense because of the lack of paragraphs and generally poor writing skills.
    Always a sign of weakness. Attacking the writing abilities of the poster rather than the ideals presented.
    Need you a paragraph to seperate thoughts ? Why? Can't your brain handle or understand words unless punctuation is perfect?
    I'd say the weakness shown is your own in admitting that it bothers you so .--
    Don't let me stop you from revealing your weaknesses.
    No matter how clever a reply if it reveals a weakness it is foolish..
    Ponder that for a spell while you are deciphering my grammar and punctuation skills.. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My problem is that I could literally use that particular card with every poster here. So I do try to be judicious about it, but some times things are so poorly written that they must be pointed out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Have you checked your writing skills lately? Sometimes I wonder if you have been hitting the bottle.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Always a sign of weakness. Attacking the writing abilities of the poster rather than the ideals presented.
    Need you a paragraph to seperate thoughts ? Why? Can't your brain handle or understand words unless punctuation is perfect?
    I'd say the weakness shown is your own in admitting that it bothers you so .--
    Don't let me stop you from revealing your weaknesses.
    No matter how clever a reply if it reveals a weakness it is foolish..
    Ponder that for a spell while you are deciphering my grammar and punctuation skills.. --Tyr
    Worked hard to get that GED, didn't you?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

A wise choice since it reveals either laziness or arrogance to do so. Neither are redeeming qualities..
    I've known several people in my long life that had no formal education that were extremely brilliant on many topics..
    Also I've never stooped that low or been that lazy..
    I do not mind when others are as its useful info to have on thier weaknesses . Arrogance being a very great weakness.-Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you checked your writing skills lately? Sometimes I wonder if you have been hitting the bottle.

Eh, sometimes I post from my Droid, but I need to stop doing so because yeah........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wrong---LBJ practically invented silly ROE's. Your youth is showing, Gabby.

A nutcase will do nutty things.