Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Default My sister is back in emergency room

As most of you know, I have a sister that has been battling breast cancer for the last nine years. The last time she ended up in hospital was from a heart attack and renal failure caused by the cancer center trying to do too many MRI's in same day to qualify her for new trials. She didn't make it into that trial, but the doctor got permission to use the meds on her anyway.

After a year on those meds, they have found that the cancer is outsmarting them because they are finding more tumors. The lates are tumors in her lungs. Last August she had cyber knife radiation on a tumor in one of her lungs. There is now another tumor on the other lung and it's constricting her bronchial tube so they were debating whether to use the cyber knife (3 treatments over 3 day period) again or just do the normal, five days a week, four weeks radiation. The problem is that the cyber knife will only get the "top" portion of the tumor and she will still have to do chemo to try and reduce the rest of it.

Well, today was the procedure to put in the "seeds" for the cyber knife and they nicked her lung on the way out and it collapsed. She's in emergency room now and they are going to keep her for a few days and make sure she doesn't get pneumonia.

All of your prayers have helped in the past and we would appreciate any good energy you can send our way.

Thanks!

For anyone interested in cyberknife:

http://www.cyberknife.com/
    Last edited by SassyLady; 06-13-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In with the prayers Sassy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Send her all of our best wishes, Sassy. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed and keep her in our prayers.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    As most of you know, I have a sister that has been battling breast cancer for the last nine years. The last time she ended up in hospital was from a heart attack and renal failure caused by the cancer center trying to do too many MRI's in same day to qualify her for new trials. She didn't make it into that trial, but the doctor got permission to use the meds on her anyway.

After a year on those meds, they have found that the cancer is outsmarting them because they are finding more tumors. The lates are tumors in her lungs. Last August she had cyber knife radiation on a tumor in one of her lungs. There is now another tumor on the other lung and it's constricting her bronchial tube so they were debating whether to use the cyber knife (3 treatments over 3 day period) again or just do the normal, five days a week, four weeks radiation. The problem is that the cyber knife will only get the "top" portion of the tumor and she will still have to do chemo to try and reduce the rest of it.

Well, today was the procedure to put in the "seeds" for the cyber knife and they nicked her lung on the way out and it collapsed. She's in emergency room now and they are going to keep her for a few days and make sure she doesn't get pneumonia.

All of your prayers have helped in the past and we would appreciate any good energy you can send our way.

Thanks!

I am sorry to hear of such bad news about your sister. Prayers work and I've seen the results in my own family recently. I'll add her to mine. No need to give me her name, God already knows.-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

She's on my list. You hang in there. Prayers for you too!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im sorry to hear about your sister. Ill keep her in my prayers.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm sorry to hear that SL. How's her spirit?
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that SL. How's her spirit?
    She's a fighter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Sorry to hear that, Sassy. I'll keep you and her in my prayers. (Yeah, I do pray ... so what?)
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

She's a fighter.
    Must run in the family.

I will pray for her, Sassy.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am thinking of your sister, Sassy, and I wish her a safe and speedy recovery.
    "You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders – The most famous of which is “never get involved in a land war in Asia” – but only slightly less well-known is this: “Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line”! - Vizzini (The Princess Bride)
    http://mywinterstorm83.livejournal.com/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Prayers really do work.

Please know. Strangers you will never meet, or know are keeping your sister in their prayers.

As a Cancer survivor myself. Positive thoughts, prayers, and the love of her family will come together to bring a new day.
    God Bless.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks!

as always Sassy, your sister and entire family are in my thoughts and prayers
    Last edited by red states rule; 06-15-2012 at 03:32 PM.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

my thoughts are with you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Default Update

Sister went home today. Exhausted and trying to rest up so she can do the cyber knife treatments. We will hear Monday what the plan is.