Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Happy father's day.

Congrats to all the fathers out there, and a heartfelt thank you to the women and children that fill our lives with the joy of fatherhood.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I miss my dad, so much! I'm so glad my kids had him and my brother to help bridge the gap their dad left when they were young.

I'm thankful that my kids dad decided when the youngest was 20, to step up. In the ability of children to forgive, they are rebuilding a relationship. The negative now is overcoming how he treats their step brothers, 7 and 9. Same as he did them, but they are appalled. It's weird for me, they are getting what they needed, but at the same time they are seeing the problem we had, replicated.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 06-17-2012 at 03:18 AM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I miss my dad, so much! I'm so glad my kids had him and my brother to help bridge the gap their dad left when they were young.

I'm thankful that my kids dad decided when the youngest was 20, to step up. In the ability of children to forgive, they are rebuilding a relationship. The negative now is overcoming how he treats their step brothers, 7 and 9. Same as he did them, but they are appalled. It's weird for me, they are getting what they needed, but at the same time they are seeing the problem we had, replicated.
    I can't understand a man neglecting his duties to his kids. And to do it twice???
    I too am glad your kids had your father and brother to show them how a man should love, care and support their loved ones--Not everyone is so blessed.
    Last edited by logroller; 06-17-2012 at 03:24 AM.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its not Fathers Day here yet (its in September) but happy dads day to the fathers who are celebrating it today!
    "You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders – The most famous of which is “never get involved in a land war in Asia” – but only slightly less well-known is this: “Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line”! - Vizzini (The Princess Bride)
    http://mywinterstorm83.livejournal.com/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nell's Room View Post
    Its not Fathers Day here yet (its in September) but happy dads day to the fathers who are celebrating it today!
    Must be a seasonal thing; when's Christmas down under? J/k