Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Conservative bloggers taking precautions over ‘SWAT-ing’ attacks

LAS VEGAS – Conservative bloggers are on heightened alert following a string of so-called "SWAT-ing" incidents and are taking precautionary measures to ensure they don't fall victim to the potentially dangerous prank as the political blogosphere prepares for a heated election season.
    "SWAT-ing" refers to a hoax in which an anonymous prankster falsely reports a violent crime at an unsuspecting person's home, prompting a police team to respond to the location believing a dangerous situation is at hand.
    The illegal practice has in recent months targeted well-known conservative writers and commentators, including Erick Erickson, founder of the blog RedState.com -- who claims he was eating dinner with his family in May when a SWAT team surrounded his home following such a false 911 call.
    The growing trend, which some say could one day prove deadly, had conservatives on edge at the annual RightOnline conference of right-wing bloggers and activists in Las Vegas this weekend.
    "What they're clearly trying to do is dampen down free speech, but it goes beyond that -- it's putting people's physical safety in jeopardy," said Ali Akbar, who heads a group called the National Bloggers Club made up of conservative online writers.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz1y98tu9vT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    LAS VEGAS – Conservative bloggers are on heightened alert following a string of so-called "SWAT-ing" incidents and are taking precautionary measures to ensure they don't fall victim to the potentially dangerous prank as the political blogosphere prepares for a heated election season.
    "SWAT-ing" refers to a hoax in which an anonymous prankster falsely reports a violent crime at an unsuspecting person's home, prompting a police team to respond to the location believing a dangerous situation is at hand.
    The illegal practice has in recent months targeted well-known conservative writers and commentators, including Erick Erickson, founder of the blog RedState.com -- who claims he was eating dinner with his family in May when a SWAT team surrounded his home following such a false 911 call.
    The growing trend, which some say could one day prove deadly, had conservatives on edge at the annual RightOnline conference of right-wing bloggers and activists in Las Vegas this weekend.
    "What they're clearly trying to do is dampen down free speech, but it goes beyond that -- it's putting people's physical safety in jeopardy," said Ali Akbar, who heads a group called the National Bloggers Club made up of conservative online writers.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz1y98tu9vT
    Those on the left enjoy and often employ dirty tactics. However this one could easily cause somebody's death.
    Could be a tactic thought up and encouraged by one of the Soros's think groups or even the scum himself!
    I put nothing past the man myself.-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I've been following these incidents since they started and the follow-ups by those swated. Probably the most comprehensive coverage, meaning lots of links to others:

http://theothermccain.com/2012/06/17...rs-obsessions/

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

These people are nuts. This democratic consultant who posts on the Daily Kos,is apparently a known preditor. He should be in jail. From your link.

As Andrew Breitbart noted, this happened to two people within the course of a single week: a man in New Jersey and myself. Both of us had had contact with Andrew Breitbart. Both of us were writing about the same story. And both of us received email threats days before we were swatted. The threat to me said, in part: “Please think about your family. This story is not worth it. I can assure you that.” . . .
    Writing at Daily Kos, Rauhauser suggests I should be harassed online.
    Three days after I was swatted, Rauhauser wrote a post titled “Patterico’s Penalization” that made bizarre accusations about me, and accused me of working with a “cyberstalker” named Seth Allen — a blogger who had criticized Brett Kimberlin so tenaciously that Kimberlin (frivolously) sued Allen for defamation.
    Last edited by Shadow; 06-18-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Those on the left enjoy and often employ dirty tactics. However this one could easily cause somebody's death.
    Could be a tactic thought up and encouraged by one of the Soros's think groups or even the scum himself!
    I put nothing past the man myself.-Tyr
    I learned this during the last election. Tell you what...the activists that worked on Hillary Clinton's campaign have been around the block. Just visiting their message board during the primaries was an eye opener. A very smart and savvy crew for sure.

Learned all kinds of shady tactics Obama's minions used. Even got directed to a website (Little green footballs...or something like that)...that exposed a lot of Astro turf campaigns (backed by Axlerod) including the companies that backed them...hired them...and their online handles... also the hacker that stole Palin's emails and more. Crazy crazy stuff.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Perhaps they have Karl Rove advising them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Doubt it...they are too busy invading book signings trying to put him under citizens arrest.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Rove is pussycat compared to Axelrod and Jarrett.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I kind of like this idea myself. Perhaps we can send some Mexican cops to arrest Jan Brewer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I kind of like this idea myself. Perhaps we can send some Mexican cops to arrest Jan Brewer.
    You could form your own posse and try to make an arrest yourself. Although...that didn't turn out too well for code pink here when they tried it. I believe they ran into trouble with the Secret Service AND the SWAT team.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

You want to arrest Jan Brewer for enforcing the law? What kind of citizen are you?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    You want to arrest Jan Brewer for enforcing the law? What kind of citizen are you?
    A citizen concerned over the woman's obviously deficient mental health.

Hitler enforced all of his laws. So do the Chinese. Jan Brewer fits the same mode.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Hitler enforced all of his laws. So do the Chinese. Jan Brewer fits the same mode.
    Why elect a governor if not to enforce the laws of the state? Why have law enforcement if not to enforce the laws of the state?

Just because you have a soft spot for illegals doe not mean that Jan Brewer is mentally deficient.

PS....Hitler's laws were not laws voted upon by the majority of the people. You make it sound like Jan Brewer is walking around imitating Obama, who is truly more like Hitler than Arizona's governor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What's wrong Gabby? Worried all those Undocumented Democrats will not be able to live off the producers and not be able to vote in the 2012 election

It is amazing to see liberals like you get so upset over elected officials trying to enforce the LAWS on the book

It is clear you are losing the debate when you have to pull the Hitler card from the bottom of the deck

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Why not do away with laws altogether...that is what the simple minded or liberals would have us do. What is a law today is not a law at all tomorrow if it doesn't fit their "if it feels good do it" mentality. They are the ones that are sick...not Mrs. Brewer. She is a true Patriot...THEY are nothing more than cowardly enemies of the State.

Smarter than WE THE PEOPLE are?! I don't think so!!!! THEY are not even smarter than your average bear but they do have one thing in common. Like the bear, they can be a huge pest (if you feed them) and the trouble bears are usually the ones looking for a handout all the time!

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Why elect a governor if not to enforce the laws of the state? Why have law enforcement if not to enforce the laws of the state?

Just because you have a soft spot for illegals doe not mean that Jan Brewer is mentally deficient.

PS....Hitler's laws were not laws voted upon by the majority of the people. You make it sound like Jan Brewer is walking around imitating Obama, who is truly more like Hitler than Arizona's governor.