Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Logroller challenges RsR

Apparently rsr thinks I need a lesson in economics; so I'd like him to be one to give it to me.
    The topic: government created corporations being funded by private enterprise; who then pass on part of the cost in the form of fees-- does or doesn't constitute a tax from an economic POV.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Apparently rsr thinks I need a lesson in economics; so I'd like him to be one to give it to me.
    The topic: government created corporations being funded by private enterprise; who then pass on part of the cost in the form of fees-- does or doesn't constitute a tax from an economic POV.
    Don't hold your breath, he'll run faster than Carl Lewis from this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'd love to see any form of economic debate between the 2 of you.

Debate question/topic
    Amount of post per member
    How long to completion
    Who goes first

The regular "rules" apply, as in debate rules - http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...Debate-Section

One of you let me know if you come to an agreement!

Oh, and OCA is already tossed from this thread. I'd rather it be free of that crap, whether coming to debate terms or the debate itself.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

would love to see RSR in a one on one .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm good with the topic as per the OP-- Derived straight from the thread that rsr stated I need an economics 101 class, accompanied by neg rep. I find it personally insulting to my intellectual character; and like our forefathers would have challenged by dual; I challenge a debate. If he's a gentleman, he'll accept.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm good with the topic as per the OP-- Derived straight from the thread that rsr stated I need an economics 101 class, accompanied by neg rep. I find it personally insulting to my intellectual character; and like our forefathers would have challenged by dual; I challenge a debate. If he's a gentleman, he'll accept.
    I would agree, if one would go that far in making a claim, they should be willing to back up what they are saying. I know RSR has a decent amount of knowledge about economics, but unsure of just how much. Log, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he has a degree in the subject to go along with his degree in 'public' speaking/writing! I think it would be interesting, and hopefully gentlemanly. Maybe we all learn from the debate, and regardless of who "wins", the both of you come out as better friends as well.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I would agree, if one would go that far in making a claim, they should be willing to back up what they are saying. I know RSR has a decent amount of knowledge about economics, but unsure of just how much. Log, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he has a degree in the subject to go along with his degree in 'public' speaking/writing! I think it would be interesting, and hopefully gentlemanly. Maybe we all learn from the debate, and regardless of who "wins", the both of you come out as better friends as well.
    Absolutely agreed. What kind of person implies or outright states that they are smarter than another person and then goes to any cost to avoid a one on one debate to prove it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Absolutely agreed. What kind of person implies or outright states that they are smarter than another person and then goes to any cost to avoid a one on one debate to prove it.
    With all due respect to rsr; he hasn't claimed to be smarter than I. Nor gone to any extreme to avoid a debate with me. He merely insulted me, by suggesting my understanding of basic economics was flawed; which is a statement I take offense to. If he should so choose, he can validate this assertion. If he refrains, for whatever reason, then I shall consider his comment to be nothing more than hot air. Either way, I respect RSR and treat him as gentleman; I expect the same in return.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

LR, let me say first my comment was not an isnsult to you. For someone who was written many logical posts I was shocked when you wrote fees are not taxes. Only politicans and members of the liberal media say that

Also, in regards to you comment on the neg rep - who gave who the first red square? Yopu should have told the entire story on that

If you want this you have it. You go ahead and set the rules, number of posts, and work out the details with Jim

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    LR, let me say first my comment was not an isnsult to you. For someone who was written many logical posts I was shocked when you wrote fees are not taxes. Only politicans and members of the liberal media say that

Also, in regards to you comment on the neg rep - who gave who the first red square? Yopu should have told the entire story on that

If you want this you have it. You go ahead and set the rules, number of posts, and work out the details with Jim
    Will do. Looking forward to it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You are an expert on that CH

Modesty and humility are not your strong points

I have never posted I am smarter then others. Perhpas I have mre common sense then others, but that is far as I have ever gone

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Will do. Looking forward to it.
    Fair enough LR you got it

Please be advised next week I will be loging 12 hour days so be patient and allow time for me to respond to your posts

It may not be to the weekend before I get back to you

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    You are an expert on that CH

Modesty and humility are not your strong points

I have never posted I am smarter then others. Perhpas I have mre common sense then others, but that is far as I have ever gone

I quite agree. Im jot a midest person but that isnt quite the aame as saying someone else.is stupid. And i dont believe ive ever done that.

Further if you look at the big picture i wasnt even talking about you anyway

Also. I have never declined a challenge

And lastly. Keep you flames where they belong eh

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I quite agree. Im jot a midest person but that isnt quite the aame as saying someone else.is stupid. And i dont believe ive ever done that.

Further if you look at the big picture i wasnt even talking about you anyway

Also. I have never declined a challenge

And lastly. Keep you flames where they belong eh

No flame - just the facts and the truth

Truth hurt CH?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Logroller, if my comment regarding you taking Economics 101 was taken by you as an insult I apologize

It was not ment to be an insult but no matter what the government calls a tax - it is a tax

Ronald Reagan