Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default 159 Degrees , Lut desert , Iran, ouch!

This is hot!!! Fry an egg on any rock kind of hot! -Tyr

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/article...laces_on_earth.
    SLIDE SHOW PRINT | TEXT SIZE Share on email | EMAIL | SINGLE PAGE The 10 Hottest Places on Earth
    Americans should stop whining about the heat wave -- they could be living in one of these 10 punishing locations.
    BY KATIE CELLA | JULY 5, 2012

A record-breaking heat wave sent U.S. temperatures skyrocketing this week, and with most days hovering around the triple digits on the East Coast and beyond, Americans have not been shy in expressing their dissatisfaction. The brutal weather, along with a spate of wildfires and storms, has rekindled the debate on climate change and prompted all manner of warnings about heat exhaustion and stroke.

Of course, it could be much worse. Although there's no set maximum temperature that humans can withstand (humidity level is the determining factor), heat indexes spiking 125 degrees Fahrenheit in Africa and Asia test the limits of what's livable -- and that's not even the worst of the worst. Here, we take a tour of the 10 places where the world's hottest temperatures have been recorded. So stop your whining; this week's heat is bad, but it's no Lut Desert.

1. Lut Desert, Iran -- 159 degrees F

In 2005, history's hottest surface temperature was recorded in a dry salt lake in eastern Iran's Lut Desert. The Lut Desert is too hot even for milk to spoil because bacteria can't grow in temperatures that high -- after researchers left sterilized milk uncovered and found it unspoiled, the Lut Desert was declared an abiotic zone. Described by Google Sightseeing as the "most deserty" of the world's deserts, Lut is completely surrounded by mountains and is also home to the world's tallest sand pyramid.

Above, sand pyramids are seen in Iran's Lut Desert
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 07-06-2012 at 05:30 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I just know. If the temps inside of my home reach 100 or more due to the A/C breaking down, or the power goes off.
    I have fifteen minutes to get out and find a place where I can survive or. It's OVER for me. The meds I take, and must take to stay alive, cannot be tolerated in extreme heat.

Laying in a bathtub full of water is the first, and safest for me.

Thank your lucky stars to all of you out there. You're not me.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

No need to worry about any wars on the horizon then, just let the bastards melt
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock