Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default 76,7563,502 percocet!

That's how many I've taken since I had the prescription filled yesterday. It made me "high" within a half an hour or so. I took too many though and had a headache by about 11pm last night. I woke up 3-4 times because of a headache, and about 10-15 times with my neck/shoulder hurting. Woke up about 6am and popped the percs again, mixed with coffee, and now my 'head' feels great again.

But the neck/pain issue hasn't subsided in the slightest, not at all. This stuff just masks the pain, and the high makes you think of the pain less. I suppose I'm just glad that I finally went to a doctor, since I have such fears about the bastards.

Here's a photo example of what is wrong with my already fucked up head. Notice the bulging discs between the vertebrae pushing out against the spinal cord...

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    That's how many I've taken since I had the prescription filled yesterday. It made me "high" within a half an hour or so. I took too many though and had a headache by about 11pm last night. I woke up 3-4 times because of a headache, and about 10-15 times with my neck/shoulder hurting. Woke up about 6am and popped the percs again, mixed with coffee, and now my 'head' feels great again.

But the neck/pain issue hasn't subsided in the slightest, not at all. This stuff just masks the pain, and the high makes you think of the pain less. I suppose I'm just glad that I finally went to a doctor, since I have such fears about the bastards.

Here's a photo example of what is wrong with my already fucked up head. Notice the bulging discs between the vertebrae pushing out against the spinal cord...

Sorry to hear about your troubles amigo. Man thats bad. Doctor should have given you some major pain meds. Last year I hurt my back and doc gave me Hydrocodone/APAP /500mg Tabs. Those babies worked just fine! Drink a beer , pop one and soon cloud nine arrived..
    Last 6 to 8 hours , repeat.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seems like that would hurt.
    ‎'Is there anything wrong with anything.' Is that what you're asking, friendo?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can not suggest in words too strong the advisability of reading Dr. John Sarno's book "Healing Back Pain."

I had the exact same sounding ominous diagnoses you've had, taken the same drugs, had the physical therapy.

Dr. Sarno's book will walk you through the fraud of the entire back pain industry, explain how the pain is the result of your mind generating a distraction from your personal problems, and leave you smacking yourself for ever allowing yourself to suffer one minute needlessly.
    Mama Jeffro: Jeeeeh-froooo! What's going on down there? What's that smell?
    Jeffro: Nothing ma! Me and Lorenzo are practicing our Turkish oil wrestling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taft2012 View Post
    I can not suggest in words too strong the advisability of reading Dr. John Sarno's book "Healing Back Pain."

I had the exact same sounding ominous diagnoses you've had, taken the same drugs, had the physical therapy.

Dr. Sarno's book will walk you through the fraud of the entire back pain industry, explain how the pain is the result of your mind generating a distraction from your personal problems, and leave you smacking yourself for ever allowing yourself to suffer one minute needlessly.
    This is one thing that's really been eroded over time - the power of the mind to heal and to prevent sickness, disease and disorders.

They start teaching you to not be self reliant in kindergarten now. Every little ache and pain is a major deal you have to see the nurse for. Training us to be dependent on the quacks completely, at a very early age.

Dr. Sarno is teaching, literally, the power of positive thinking - planting positive seeds, the Pygmalion Effect. The power of the self fulfilling prophesy. He correctly points out that if the placebo effect is real, then so is the Pygmalion Effect. Yes, you CAN literally "think" yourself healthy. Millions do.

My grandad taught me this at a early age when he was smoking a pipe and drinking whiskey from a flask in his workshop, out of site of gramma... He told me, "Jazzbo, if you believe something will hurt you or make you sick, don't eat/drink/smoke it. Because then, it certainly will. If there is even the slightest doubt in your mind, then don't do it."

He smoked and drank in moderation for more than 70 years, died at the ripe old age of 96 of what his doctor told me must have been a broken heart - gramma had passed a couple of years before. The doc said his liver, lungs, heart and kidneys were near pristine and he couldn't find any specific cause of death - the man was in perfect health.

By contrast, my mother died relatively young, of lung cancer and emphysema. She always used to comment to us kids or anyone who might be around, as she lit another cigarette, "These things are gonna kill me someday." Clearly she didn't listen to her dad, or he never told her. More than likely he did tell her, but she listened to gramma instead.

The self fulfilling prophesy - if you plant negative seeds about your health, it is guaranteed you will have health problems. If you eschew the negative and always plant positive seeds - you might just have the health my grandpa had. The man was never sick, very seldom ever went to see the doc, and could still whup all our asses right up until the day he died.

I have been sick all of.... Once in my life. I haven't been to see a doctor since I was old enough to make that decision myself, at age 17. I have no need for them.

NOT saying you can just wish away illness, just pointing out that the Pygmalion Effect does work, IS real, and IS a good tool in the health arsenal. And one they definitely would never teach - in fact it's just the opposite.

Mankind knows about as much about the power of our own brains as a amoeba knows about smart phones.
    Last edited by Anton Chigurh; 07-14-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exactly, it is important to remember the inverse to the placebo effect; the mind has the power to make the body sick to protect itself (protect the mind).
    Last edited by taft2012; 07-14-2012 at 10:59 AM.
    Mama Jeffro: Jeeeeh-froooo! What's going on down there? What's that smell?
    Jeffro: Nothing ma! Me and Lorenzo are practicing our Turkish oil wrestling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taft2012 View Post
    Exactly, it is important to remember the inverse to the placebo effect; the mind has the power to make the body sick to protect itself (protect the mind).
    The very first thing children should be taught is - we are all going to die eventually, and no amount of pills, potions, procedures, advances, doctors, money or anything else is going to change that. It's not fatalism, it's just fact. Just reality. We are all definitely going to die.

The dogma they're taught now is, "you'll live longer and have a better life if you just let us control your behavior" and they use the fear of getting sick - constantly planting negative seeds - as a tool for doing just that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My dad used to rail against the constant bombardment of PSAs and "news" stories about how this and that causes cancer, etc etc ad infinitum, by saying, "Fuckin people planners! Pretty soon they'll be saying we can't even hide under the BED, because lint causes cancer!"

Years after he died? They actually DID!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Percocets eh? I know what you're talking about with the pain not really going away, just being too high to give a shit...for an hour or two, then repeat. Tis a Shame when the pain messes up the great buzz Jim. Atleast you're still high enough not to be able to count. Hope the pain subsides before the prescription does.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I know what you guys mean about medicines and placebos, and I do think doctors and patients alike are too quick to go to the medicine, myself included. But things like this, where it's perhaps a herniated disc, or other examples of broken bones lets say, or a torn tendon, or a deep cut... Some things do require physical correction, and sometimes the pain is enough to where medication to relieve the pain is a miracle to some.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Percocets eh? I know what you're talking about with the pain not really going away, just being too high to give a shit...for an hour or two, then repeat. Tis a Shame when the pain messes up the great buzz Jim. Atleast you're still high enough not to be able to count. Hope the pain subsides before the prescription does.
    Yep, at times they kick in and a feel like a million dollars and that the diagnosis is premature and maybe I can just work out and it'll go away. Then somewhere along the line, the pinching pain hits and stretches along the shoulder line from the neck to my arm. I don't even really know yet what causes it to get worse or what helps. It's just a constant shifting of the body or tossing and turning if in bed, feeling no pain for a bit and then the sharp pain returns.

And no way this script lasts until things subside. I don't see a doctor again until 7/23, the MRI is on the 19th, and my projection shows me running out of the 30 he prescribed around Wednesday. So I don't know if I grin and bear it from Wed-Mon and then ask for a refill, depending on the course of action, or call his office when I run out and see if he'll call in a refill. I suppose I'll wait and see how the pain progresses. Weird though, that when the pain does come around, it already seems worse in the past few days than the last month, and I think that's because the doctor and X-ray tech were yanking my arm all over and making me move it around a lot for diagnosing the pain.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, at times they kick in and a feel like a million dollars and that the diagnosis is premature and maybe I can just work out and it'll go away. Then somewhere along the line, the pinching pain hits and stretches along the shoulder line from the neck to my arm. I don't even really know yet what causes it to get worse or what helps. It's just a constant shifting of the body or tossing and turning if in bed, feeling no pain for a bit and then the sharp pain returns.

And no way this script lasts until things subside. I don't see a doctor again until 7/23, the MRI is on the 19th, and my projection shows me running out of the 30 he prescribed around Wednesday. So I don't know if I grin and bear it from Wed-Mon and then ask for a refill, depending on the course of action, or call his office when I run out and see if he'll call in a refill. I suppose I'll wait and see how the pain progresses. Weird though, that when the pain does come around, it already seems worse in the past few days than the last month, and I think that's because the doctor and X-ray tech were yanking my arm all over and making me move it around a lot for diagnosing the pain.
    Exactly why I hate pain meds. I learned this the hard way after two operations. They trick you into feeling better, and then you have a tendency to over do things. Once the pain meds wear off after the fact...you are screwed. I always used them sparingly to keep myself in check.

Hope things go good for you Jim when you see your doctor next.
    Last edited by Shadow; 07-14-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    This is one thing that's really been eroded over time - the power of the mind to heal and to prevent sickness, disease and disorders.

They start teaching you to not be self reliant in kindergarten now. Every little ache and pain is a major deal you have to see the nurse for. Training us to be dependent on the quacks completely, at a very early age.

Dr. Sarno is teaching, literally, the power of positive thinking - planting positive seeds, the Pygmalion Effect. The power of the self fulfilling prophesy. He correctly points out that if the placebo effect is real, then so is the Pygmalion Effect. Yes, you CAN literally "think" yourself healthy. Millions do.

My grandad taught me this at a early age when he was smoking a pipe and drinking whiskey from a flask in his workshop, out of site of gramma... He told me, "Jazzbo, if you believe something will hurt you or make you sick, don't eat/drink/smoke it. Because then, it certainly will. If there is even the slightest doubt in your mind, then don't do it."

He smoked and drank in moderation for more than 70 years, died at the ripe old age of 96 of what his doctor told me must have been a broken heart - gramma had passed a couple of years before. The doc said his liver, lungs, heart and kidneys were near pristine and he couldn't find any specific cause of death - the man was in perfect health.

By contrast, my mother died relatively young, of lung cancer and emphysema. She always used to comment to us kids or anyone who might be around, as she lit another cigarette, "These things are gonna kill me someday." Clearly she didn't listen to her dad, or he never told her. More than likely he did tell her, but she listened to gramma instead.

The self fulfilling prophesy - if you plant negative seeds about your health, it is guaranteed you will have health problems. If you eschew the negative and always plant positive seeds - you might just have the health my grandpa had. The man was never sick, very seldom ever went to see the doc, and could still whup all our asses right up until the day he died.

I have been sick all of.... Once in my life. I haven't been to see a doctor since I was old enough to make that decision myself, at age 17. I have no need for them.

NOT saying you can just wish away illness, just pointing out that the Pygmalion Effect does work, IS real, and IS a good tool in the health arsenal. And one they definitely would never teach - in fact it's just the opposite.

Mankind knows about as much about the power of our own brains as a amoeba knows about smart phones.
    Got about the same message as that from my Indian grandfather. He often said, let your mind force away your perceived ills. My mother said that he never went to a doctor a day in his life. Only time she remembered him needing medical help was when he managed to cut his ankle with an axe while chopping wood for winter. He was tall dark and strong. And he used to laugh at the women lined up in front of the doctor's office early morning before it opened for business. Always said, "the hens going to get their feathers preened. Tossing way good money for bad medicine." --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Exactly why I hate pain meds. I learned this the hard way after two operations. They trick you into feeling better, and then you have a tenedncy to over do things. Once the pain meds wear off after the fact...you are screwed. I always used them sparingly to keep myself in check.

Hope things go good for you Jim when you see your doctor next.
    Well, I'm certainly not overdoing things, I learned that lesson too. I'm going to sit here or lay down here in pain no matter what. Now it's just a matter if I can take the edge off a bit and enjoy the high, which I'm definitely doing. But I'm aware that it's not doing a damn thing to fix the problem and only masking things until surgery or something less invasive can be done.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know what you guys mean about medicines and placebos, and I do think doctors and patients alike are too quick to go to the medicine, myself included. But things like this, where it's perhaps a herniated disc, or other examples of broken bones lets say, or a torn tendon, or a deep cut... Some things do require physical correction, and sometimes the pain is enough to where medication to relieve the pain is a miracle to some.
    I've had both knees and one ankle scoped. That ankle, later broke and had to have surgery. Had my right hand rebuilt after a work-related accident crushed it. Of course we need medicos to fix the damage injuries cause.