Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default Syria's WMD's could someday be used here on us.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-Ne...4471342896037/

Barak: Israel ready to seize Syria weapons

Published: July 21, 2012 at 2:40 PM
    JERUSALEM, July 21 (UPI) -- The Israeli military is prepared to seize Syria's chemical weapons and missiles and to stop refugees from crossing the border, Defense Minister Ehud Barak said.

Barak said Friday that Israel will block any move by President Bashar Assad's regime to transfer advanced weaponry to Hezbollah in Lebanon, Ynetnews reported. He said the army has been ordered to increase its monitoring of Syria's weapons stockpiles.

If necessary, Israel would strike inside Syria, Barak said.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-Ne...#ixzz21IEN5iPg

America had better be very worried about where those weapons end up. In the wrong hands they could be used here on us as well as on Israel! Those fanatical idiots seek to destroy both big and little Satans. If Israel rushes in to secure those weapons , obama will seek to join those opposed to Israel's actions! How do I know this ? I know because obama has stated that in the end he will ALWAYS side with Islam! Look up his words on that. He currently plays a game but if given a second term he will come out strongly against Israel and possibly even directly join forces with Israel's sworn enemies. I pray we never find out how correct I am on that because if we do America will suffer so much under an obama second term that few here would ever believe it until after it happened! Too damn late is one ffing bad place to be , trust me on that even if nothing else...-Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 07-21-2012 at 04:11 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

.. And where did Syria's WMD's come from, anyway ?

All the talk (mostly from the Left) about how wrong you were to go to war against Saddam's Iraq, how it was all 'lies' that Saddam had WMD's. Well, there was talk that Saddam used a certain six month window he had to move his WMD's across to Syria.

Now, 'all of a sudden', we learn that Syria has WMD's !! I don't know about your media, but ours is reporting claims that Syria is prepared to use WMD's, but NOT ONE WORD is said about how Assad got them.

And naturally not. Looking into that question would be way too awkward for them.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-Ne...4471342896037/

Barak: Israel ready to seize Syria weapons

Published: July 21, 2012 at 2:40 PM
    JERUSALEM, July 21 (UPI) -- The Israeli military is prepared to seize Syria's chemical weapons and missiles and to stop refugees from crossing the border, Defense Minister Ehud Barak said.

Barak said Friday that Israel will block any move by President Bashar Assad's regime to transfer advanced weaponry to Hezbollah in Lebanon, Ynetnews reported. He said the army has been ordered to increase its monitoring of Syria's weapons stockpiles.

If necessary, Israel would strike inside Syria, Barak said.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-Ne...#ixzz21IEN5iPg

America had better be very worried about where those weapons end up. In the wrong hands they could be used here on us as well as on Israel! Those fanatical idiots seek to destroy both big and little Satans. If Israel rushes in to secure those weapons , obama will seek to join those opposed to Israel's actions! How do I know this ? I know because obama has stated that in the end he will ALWAYS side with Islam! Look up his words on that. He currently plays a game but if given a second term he will come out strongly against Israel and possibly even directly join forces with Israel's sworn enemies. I pray we never find out how correct I am on that because if we do America will suffer so much under an obama second term that few here would ever believe it until after it happened! Too damn late is one ffing bad place to be , trust me on that even if nothing else...-Tyr
    I'm tired of being worried. Whatever kind of defense America has against this from happening will have to do. If Israel is worth a shit as an ally maybe they can deter some of this shit. If some terrorist wants us it won't matter who the president is. Hell our own people shoot us at movies.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post

All the talk (mostly from the Left) about how wrong you were to go to war against Saddam's Iraq, how it was all 'lies' that Saddam had WMD's. Well, there was talk that Saddam used a certain six month window he had to move his WMD's across to Syria.

Now, 'all of a sudden', we learn that Syria has WMD's !! I don't know about your media, but ours is reporting claims that Syria is prepared to use WMD's, but NOT ONE WORD is said about how Assad got them.

And naturally not. Looking into that question would be way too awkward for them.
    Got any proof to go along with that speculation.

And I always ask IF what you say is true WHY didn't we go get them if WMD's where what we concerned about?

But I 've been told that there where a million other piss poor reasons to attack Iraq too Durmond.

And. if Syria has had these horrible weapons the whole time and we knew about them why is it an issue NOW? If Syria was so evil they could have given them to Hell-bolah etc LONG ago anytime in the past 10 years.

Sorry, this is just more fear mongering for preemptive (aggressive) wars we don't need, can't afford and will get more US and UK soldiers killed for BS IMO.
    Last edited by revelarts; 07-21-2012 at 08:36 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Revelarts, you want me to prove a negative ?

Quite the contrary .. if you seriously believe that Syria's WMD's actually did NOT come from Iraq, that Syria either made them herself or bought them from elsewhere, I invite you to provide proof of THAT.

If you can't ... then YOU explain away the media's twin acceptance that Syria has them, along with their lack of candidness as to HOW they have !!

... and YES, by the way, I already tried to find that proof of Syria's self-manufacture of its WMD's. I totally failed to find any. If you can prove such a case, go to it !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Now, 'all of a sudden', we learn that Syria has WMD's !!
    I don't know about your media, but ours is reporting claims that Syria is prepared to use WMD's, but NOT ONE WORD is said about how Assad got them.

Yep, I remember that. Seems there was some proof at the time too...but I sure don't remember the source.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Oh, and by the way .. I DID find THIS ....

http://www.free-lebanon.net/syria/sy...nted-on-video/

Syrian WMD exists, in large stockpiles, much coming from Iraq before the invasion to topple Saddam Hussein way back in 2003. FSA freedom fighters have published a video of the locations of at least two caches of chemical weapons today!

Though many called the Bush administration liars over the subject of Iraqi WMD stockpiles at the time, and soon after the nation was secured, they failed to understand there was a major exodus conducted that few detractors wanted to believe.

We now know this was true, as the Saddam Tapes of 2006 revealed, and as we now see that all governments of the world concede the fact that Syria has a huge stockpile, especially Chemical Weapons.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

.... back again ....

I intended to log off by now, but as Mr P also commented, I felt sure that there must be old reporting out there to help illustrate the window Saddam had, and what he did with it, to move WMD's out of his territory. So ..

.... Have just now found this, dating back six years ...

http://www.nysun.com/foreign/iraqs-w...da-says/26514/

The man who served as the no. 2 official in Saddam Hussein's air force says Iraq moved weapons of mass destruction into Syria before the war by loading the weapons into civilian aircraft in which the passenger seats were removed.

The Iraqi general, Georges Sada, makes the charges in a new book, "Saddam's Secrets," released this week. He detailed the transfers in an interview yesterday with The New York Sun.

"There are weapons of mass destruction gone out from Iraq to Syria, and they must be found and returned to safe hands," Mr. Sada said. "I am confident they were taken over."

Mr. Sada's comments come just more than a month after Israel's top general during Operation Iraqi Freedom, Moshe Yaalon, told the Sun that Saddam "transferred the chemical agents from Iraq to Syria."

Democrats have made the absence of stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq a theme in their criticism of the Bush administration's decision to go to war in 2003. And President Bush himself has conceded much of the point; in a televised prime-time address to Americans last month, he said, "It is true that many nations believed that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. But much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong."

Said Mr. Bush, "We did not find those weapons."

The discovery of the weapons in Syria could alter the American political debate on the Iraq war. And even the accusations that they are there could step up international pressure on the government in Damascus.
    Of course, Leftie determination to make the 'Iraq didn't have any WMD's' case stick drowned out any protests to the contrary .. after all, one fights their propaganda at one's peril, no matter how disgusting their lies are !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Then Israel better get off their asses and make sure nothing happens to them. If they won't then we obviously have to attack Syria. Does Obama have a coalition started yet ?

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Revelarts, you want me to prove a negative ?

Quite the contrary .. if you seriously believe that Syria's WMD's actually did NOT come from Iraq, that Syria either made them herself or bought them from elsewhere, I invite you to provide proof of THAT.

If you can't ... then YOU explain away the media's twin acceptance that Syria has them, along with their lack of candidness as to HOW they have !!

... and YES, by the way, I already tried to find that proof of Syria's self-manufacture of its WMD's. I totally failed to find any. If you can prove such a case, go to it !
    .... back again ....

I intended to log off by now, but as Mr P also commented, I felt sure that there must be old reporting out there to help illustrate the window Saddam had, and what he did with it, to move WMD's out of his territory. So ..

.... Have just now found this, dating back six years ...

Of course, Leftie determination to make the 'Iraq didn't have any WMD's' case stick drowned out any protests to the contrary .. after all, one fights their propaganda at one's peril, no matter how disgusting their lies are !!

Lefties' like Hans Blick the IRAQ WMD Inspector that told the UN everything could be discovered and taken care in a matter of months of IF there was anything left?

The neo-con right are the ones with the WMD propaganda Drummond, i bought a bit of it to early on but no more.

But Concerning Syria, the 1st article you post Just Asserts that Syria got WMDs from Iraq but it goes on to say that Syria never signed an No Chem WMD agreement and it's is believed that they have theire own Chem weapons production going on.
    So Syria is making their own WMD's.

the 2nd article about the General is interesting. I saw his interview on FOX years ago.
    Now if you consider him all you need to Confirm without question that Iraqi WMD's were transferred to Syria then I can't argue with you.

But i ask you to give the same credibility to Any gov't single source i produce to prove a point contrary to your positions.
    How about it?

I'll find a link to a long debate where i point to a dozen or so U.S. and UK gov't sources proving the Bush admin lied about Wmds in Iraq.

Will you believe them?

As far as the General claims go, he said it was 2 747's on 56 flights. with a cover of Humanitarian aid to Syria on a Dam accident. He knows this because of 2 Iraqi pilot friends who told him.

OK 1, so was that the total of Iraqs WMDs? Those and the mobile Facilities and underground bunkers and TONS of wmds?

And It looks like the According to the UN records, that the Fights from iraq to Syria for the "aid to the Dam accident" only totaled 12.
    So the The story is not confirmed on that point.

http://ochaonline.un.org/OchaLinkCli...&DocId=1001703
    The large Zeyzoun earth dam, located in the agricultural Al-Ghab region some 300 km north of Damascus, collapsed on 4 June 2002. The impact of the released water caused serious damage in nearby populated areas with resultant casualties .
    To date some 20 people are known to have been killed, and this figure is not likely to change. It is estimated that over 10,000 people were directly affected by this incident to varying degrees, with at least 2,000 rendered completely homeless.
    Six days after the disaster, it is considered that the humanitarian situation resulting from this accident is largely under control as a result of a swift and targeted response by the Provincial and Central Syrian authorities. A rapid reaction by the international community, which sent large quantities of emergency supplies, also contributed to quickly stabilize the situation.
    Drilling down for further detail, here is how Iraq is credited for its role in the relief efforts:
    Iraq has sent 12 airplanes with food, medicines and blankets, and also dispatched a 12-member medical team.

Not sure why the UN would lie for Iraq here.
    And someone might asked how you get 56 flights in 6 days from 2 planes. i'm not a pilot but that seems like a lot to me.

But if your satisfied with that the General has accounted for all of the Iraqi WMDs that the Coalition of the willing went to war over, i can't dispute it i suppose.

If you give my single source hearsay the same respect i'll leave it at that, if not i see no reason to give the Syrian stories the weight of unquestionable fact.

circumstantial evidence..

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...667r/?page=all
    ....He cited some evidence of a transfer. “Whether Syria received military items from Iraq for safekeeping or other reasons has yet to be determined,” he said. “There was evidence of a discussion of possible WMD collaboration initiated by a Syrian security officer, and ISG received information about movement of material out of Iraq, including the possibility that WMD was involved. In the judgment of the working group, these reports were sufficiently credible to merit further investigation.”

But Mr. Duelfer said he was unable to complete that aspect of the probe because “the declining security situation limited and finally halted this investigation. The results remain inconclusive, but further investigation may be undertaken when circumstances on the ground improve. ...
    Last edited by revelarts; 07-21-2012 at 10:18 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Lefties' like Hans Blick the IRAQ WMD Inspector that told the UN everything could be discovered and taken care in a matter of months of IF there was anything left?

The neo-con right are the ones with the WMD propaganda Drummond, i bought a bit of it to early on but no more.

But Concerning Syria, the 1st article you post Just Asserts that Syria got WMDs from Iraq but it goes on to say that Syria never signed an No Chem WMD agreement and it's is believed that they have theire own Chem weapons production going on.
    So Syria is making their own WMD's.

the 2nd article about the General is interesting. I saw his interview on FOX years ago.
    Now if you consider him all you need to Confirm without question that Iraqi WMD's were transferred to Syria then I can't argue with you.

But i ask you to give the same credibility to Any gov't single source i produce to prove a point contrary to your positions.
    How about it?

I'll find a link to a long debate where i point to a dozen or so U.S. and UK gov't sources proving the Bush admin lied about Wmds in Iraq.

Will you believe them?

As far as the General claims go, he said it was 2 747's on 56 flights. with a cover of Humanitarian aid to Syria on a Dam accident. He knows this because of 2 Iraqi pilot friends who told him.

OK 1, so was that the total of Iraqs WMDs? Those and the mobile Facilities and underground bunkers and TONS of wmds?

And It looks like the According to the UN records, that the Fights from iraq to Syria for the "aid to the Dam accident" only totaled 12.
    So the The story is not confirmed on that point.

http://ochaonline.un.org/OchaLinkCli...&DocId=1001703

Not sure why the UN would lie for Iraq here.
    And someone might asked how you get 56 flights in 6 days from 2 planes. i'm not a pilot but that seems like a lot to me.

But if your satisfied with that the General has accounted for all of the Iraqi WMDs that the Coalition of the willing went to war over, i can't dispute it i suppose.

If you give my single source hearsay the same respect i'll leave it at that, if not i see no reason to give the Syrian stories the weight of unquestionable fact.

circumstantial evidence..
    So tell me again rev about your confidence in the un and how it operates. You'll take a un report over eyewitnesses? I have been saying for years that saddam was shipping his stuff to syria and other stuff went back to russia probably from syria. Tons of WMD's can easily be moved with planes and trucks. There were many convoys running to syria from iraq. And your boy Blitz was kept out of the country until the shipments were complete. You don't trust anything our govt does yet you accept whatever the un says as gospel?

I'm sure Drummond will find even more facts when he has more time for research. He just won't find much in the MSM.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

God am I sick of this "Bush Lied" meme from partisan hacks who care little for any "truth" that may not support "their" positions.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp

Having said this, AND shown them to be moronic....we did not need to fight the Iraq war.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Yep, I remember that. Seems there was some proof at the time too...but I sure don't remember the source.
    I went to the 'old site' to see if I could find my posts from the time. No luck, they dropped all posts before 2005. However, a more general search I came up with this:

http://pjmedia.com/blog/satellite-ph...went-to-syria/

Satellite Photos Support Testimony That Iraqi WMD Went to Syria

The history books on this issue shouldn’t be written just yet.

by
    Ryan Mauro
    Bio

June 6, 2010 - 12:08 am

Ha’aretz has revived [1] the mystery surrounding the inability to find weapons of mass destruction stockpiles in Iraq, the most commonly cited justification for Operation Iraqi Freedom and one of the most embarrassing episodes for the United States. Satellite photos of a suspicious site in Syria are providing new support for the reporting of a Syrian journalist who briefly rocked the world with his reporting that Iraq’s WMD had been sent to three sites in Syria just before the invasion commenced.

The newspaper reveals that a 200 square-kilometer area in northwestern Syria has been photographed by satellites at the request of a Western intelligence agency at least 16 times, the most recent being taken in January. The site is near Masyaf, and it has at least five installations and hidden paths leading underneath the mountains. This supports the reporting of Nizar Nayouf, an award-winning Syrian journalist who said [2] in 2004 that his sources confirmed that Saddam Hussein’s WMDs were in Syria.

One of the three specific sites he mentioned was an underground base underneath Al-Baida, which is one kilometer south of Masyaf. This is a perfect match. The suspicious features in the photos and the fact that a Western intelligence agency is so interested in the site support Nayouf’s reporting, showing that his sources in Syria did indeed have access to specific information about secret activity that is likely WMD-related. Richard Radcliffe, one of my co-writers at WorldThreats.com, [3] noticed that Masyaf is located on a road that goes from Hamah, where there is an airfield sufficient to handle relatively large aircraft, into Lebanon and the western side of the Bekaa Valley, another location said to house Iraqi weapons.

It seems to be commonly accepted that Iraq did not have WMDs at all. The intelligence was obviously flawed, but the book has not been closed on what actually happened. The media blasted the headline that Charles Duelfer, the head of the Iraq Survey Group tasked with finding out if Saddam had WMDs, concluded that a transfer did not occur. In reality, his report said [4] they were “unable to complete its investigation and is unable to rule out the possibility that WMD was evacuated to Syria before the war” due to the poor security situation.

Although no conclusion was made, Duelfer has since said that he is “convinced” that no WMD went to Syria. He is a competent and credible individual, but there is evidence that key information on this possibility was not received by the Iraq Survey Group, which had many of its own problems.

On February 24, 2009, I went to see a talk Duelfer gave at the Free Library of Philadelphia to promote his book [5]. He admitted there were some “loose ends” regarding the possibility that Iraqi WMD went to Syria, but dismissed them. Among these “loose ends,” Duelfer said, was the inability to track down the Iraqis who worked for a company connected to Uday Hussein that sources said had driven “sensitive” material into Syria. A Pentagon document reveals [6] that an Iraqi dissident reported that 50 trucks crossed the border on March 10, 2003, and that his sources in Syria confirmed they carried WMD. These trucks have been talked about frequently and remain a mystery.

During the question-and-answer period and during a follow-up interview, Duelfer made several interesting statements to me that reinforced my confidence that such a transfer occurred, although we can not be sure of the extent of it.

General Georges Sada, the former second-in-command of the Iraqi Air Force, claimed in his 2006 book [7] that he knew two Iraqi pilots that flew WMD into Syria over the summer of 2002, which came before a later shipment on the ground. I asked Duelfer if Nizar Nayouf or the two Iraqi pilots were spoken with.

“I did not interview the pilots nor did I speak with the Syrian journalist you mentioned,” he said. “We were inundated with WMD reports and could not investigate them all. … To narrow the problem, we investigated those people and places we knew would have either been involved or aware of regime WMD activities.”

He then told me that the lack of testimony about such dealings is what convinced him that “a lot of material went to Syria, but no WMD.” He cited the testimony of Naji Sabri, the former Iraqi foreign minister, in particular.

“I knew him very well, and I had been authorized to make his life a lot better, or a lot worse,” he told me.
    He said that Sabri’s position would make him aware of any such deal between the two countries. However, in his book, Duelfer said that Sabri had nothing to do with any of Iraq’s WMD efforts at any time. “His statements on WMD from an intelligence perspective would have been irrelevant,” Duelfer wrote.

“Someone among the people we interviewed would have described this,” Duelfer said. However, such testimony does exist. Don Bordenkircher, who served as the national director of jail and prison operations in Iraq for two years, told me [8] that he spoke to about 40 Iraqis, either military personnel or civilians assigned to the military, who talked about the WMDs going to Syria and Lebanon, with some claiming they were actually involved. Their stories matched and were not contradictory, he said. Another military source of mine related [9] to me how an Iraqi intelligence captain in Al-Qaim claimed to have witnessed the movement of suspicious convoys into Syria between February and March 2003.

I also asked Duelfer if he was aware of the intelligence provided by the Ukrainians and other sources that the Russians were in Iraq helping to cleanse the country shortly before the invasion. His facial expressions before I even finished the question showed he genuinely had never even heard of this...

One other, older reference:

The man who served as the no. 2 official in Saddam Hussein's air force says Iraq moved weapons of mass destruction into Syria before the war by loading the weapons into civilian aircraft in which the passenger seats were removed.

The Iraqi general, Georges Sada, makes the charges in a new book, "Saddam's Secrets," released this week. He detailed the transfers in an interview yesterday with The New York Sun.

"There are weapons of mass destruction gone out from Iraq to Syria, and they must be found and returned to safe hands," Mr. Sada said. "I am confident they were taken over."

Mr. Sada's comments come just more than a month after Israel's top general during Operation Iraqi Freedom, Moshe Yaalon, told the Sun that Saddam "transferred the chemical agents from Iraq to Syria."

Democrats have made the absence of stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq a theme in their criticism of the Bush administration's decision to go to war in 2003. And President Bush himself has conceded much of the point; in a televised prime-time address to Americans last month, he said, "It is true that many nations believed that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. But much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong."

Said Mr. Bush, "We did not find those weapons."

The discovery of the weapons in Syria could alter the American political debate on the Iraq war. And even the accusations that they are there could step up international pressure on the government in Damascus. That government, led by Bashar Assad, is already facing a U.N. investigation over its alleged role in the assassination of a former prime minister of Lebanon. The Bush administration has criticized Syria for its support of terrorism and its failure to cooperate with the U.N. investigation.

The State Department recently granted visas for self-proclaimed opponents of Mr. Assad to attend a "Syrian National Council" meeting in Washington scheduled for this weekend, even though the attendees include communists, Baathists, and members of the Islamist Muslim Brotherhood group to the exclusion of other, more mainstream groups.

Mr. Sada, 65, told the Sun that the pilots of the two airliners that transported the weapons of mass destruction to Syria from Iraq approached him in the middle of 2004, after Saddam was captured by American troops....

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    So tell me again rev about your confidence in the un and how it operates. You'll take a un report over eyewitnesses? I have been saying for years that saddam was shipping his stuff to syria and other stuff went back to russia probably from syria. Tons of WMD's can easily be moved with planes and trucks. There were many convoys running to syria from iraq. And your boy Blitz was kept out of the country until the shipments were complete. You don't trust anything our govt does yet you accept whatever the un says as gospel?

I'm sure Drummond will find even more facts when he has more time for research. He just won't find much in the MSM.
    Gaffer do you believe the Eye witnesses at the grassy knoll or the Warren report ?
    Gaffer so do you believe the 9-11 eye witnesses of Bombs in building?
    or do you believe the official reports?

we can talk if you want to agree that some good eyewitness are the Gold standard for info. You know I'm no fan of the U.N. but in this case I see no reason to discount it's record here. Who benefits?

i have no problem with Eyewitnesses. i don't completely discount the Iraqi general account but it's 2nd hand and is not corroborated anywhere. Gaffer You didn't see any WMDs moved from iraq to Syria you BELIEVE they were. It seem to me ONLY based on the idea that our Gov't leaders couldn't have lied to us about tons of WMDs we NEVER found. So they had to go somewhere.

Drummonds 1st article said the Syrians have Chemical manufacturing ability. No need to imagine shipments form Iraq here to try to cover for Bush Blair and Cheney.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    God am I sick of this "Bush Lied" meme from partisan hacks who care little for any "truth" that may not support "their" positions.
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp
    Having said this, AND shown them to be moronic....we did not need to fight the Iraq war.
    that Cheney and the CIA lied to him about the intel he and powell were given. Maybe you didn't get the news. That's just 1 set of lies.
    It's really not a left right issue, it's a true or false issue Roo.

Cheney, Bush, Blair and some in the CIA and other intel sources LIED.

I don't want to derail the thread with the issue, if you want to continue you might want to check out these threads and post there.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...highlight=iaea

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...ghlight=saddam
    Last edited by revelarts; 07-22-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Gaffer do you believe the Eye witnesses at the grassy knoll or the Warren report ?
    Gaffer so do you believe the 9-11 eye witnesses of Bombs in building?
    or do you believe the official reports?

we can talk if you want to agree that some good eyewitness are the Gold standard for info. You know I'm no fan of the U.N. but in this case I see no reason to discount it's record here. Who benefits?

i have no problem with Eyewitnesses. i don't completely discount the Iraqi general account but it's 2nd hand and is not corroborated anywhere. Gaffer You didn't see any WMDs moved from iraq to Syria you BELIEVE they were. It seem to me ONLY based on the idea that our Gov't leaders couldn't have lied to us about tons of WMDs we NEVER found. So they had to go somewhere.

Drummonds 1st article said the Syrians have Chemical manufacturing ability. No need to imagine shipments form Iraq here to try to cover for Bush Blair and Cheney.

that Cheney and the CIA lied to him about the intel he and powell were given. Maybe you didn't get the news. That's just 1 set of lies.
    It's really not a left right issue, it's a true or false issue Roo.

Cheney, Bush, Blair and some in the CIA and other intel sources LIED.

I don't want to derail the thread with the issue, if you want to continue you might want to check out these threads and post there.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...highlight=iaea

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...ghlight=saddam
    Then so did every damn Dem from the mid 90's on , AND most of the world leaders geeeezus.