Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Va. state senator blames racism for Romney gains

I would ask this bitch - WHAT is being said to backup her claims? Who and where is he specifically speaking to? THIS is racist, not what she's bullshitting about. I'm tired of the constant whines and accusations of racism from black people. Find racist comments and proof, and I'll back you up. But too many of these assholes are just tossing it out there with no proof of anything, other than their own racist views.

State Sen. L. Louise Lucas (D-Portsmouth), a campaign surrogate for President Obama in Virginia, said Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is appealing to racists who do not want a black man in the White House.

Asked on a Hampton Roads radio show why the former Massachusetts governor had been able to pull even with President Obama in a recent poll, Lucas said the problem was race.

“Mitt Romney, he’s speaking to ... a segment of the population who does not like to see people other than a white man in the White House or in any other elective position,” Lucas said Tuesday. “Let’s be real clear about it — Mitt Romney is speaking to a group of people out there who don’t like folks like President Barack Obama in any elective or leadership position. We know what’s going on here. And some people may be afraid to say it, but I’m not. ... He’s speaking to that fringe out there who do not want to see anybody but a white person in a leadership position.”
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...sQ7W_blog.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I would ask this bitch - WHAT is being said to backup her claims? Who and where is he specifically speaking to? THIS is racist, not what she's bullshitting about. I'm tired of the constant whines and accusations of racism from black people. Find racist comments and proof, and I'll back you up. But too many of these assholes are just tossing it out there with no proof of anything, other than their own racist views.

She's an Afrocentric politician. Her constituency is black. She's a member of the African Methodist Episcopalian church, NAACP, and a board member of the Virginia association of Black Elected Officials. This is a person who sees nothing but color. Her own. It's no surprise she cannot comprehend the world outside of race. Anything that adversely affects an African American MUST be do to racism. There is no other possibility.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just racists calling everyone else racist.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Believe it or not, she's actually helping romney a bit. It's interesting, but there are a lot of black folks here in VA that don't like Obama, that feel like he lied to them, and didn't hold up his end. There are a lot of places where that sort of kneejerk reaction would be acceptable, but not around VA.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Most of us know WHO, and WHAT she is.

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

Lucas is the prime example of RACISM, and she's proud of it too!
    She is so full of BS. When she appears on any local TV station. They even MAKE SURE her BROWN EYES...prove what her mentality really is as well.
    Since I am called a RACIST. This lady and I should be BEST BUDS. But she is right, in many ways. Since. Like Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton....She needs racism to continue, or they have nothing HONEST to talk about.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Some will vote for Obama just because he's black (or half w/e) and some will vote against him just because he's black.

Any reports/stories/articles pointing either side out are just vents designed to create an argument between the ironic white-knight Left, and the popularly-prejudiced Right. Over an issue that is a) unalterable and b) insignificant.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Honestly, I don't think the average Joe pays attention to race-card politics anymore. In one ear, out the other, as they say. It's the Cry Wolf process winding down before our eyes.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Sounds good, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Honestly, I don't think the average Joe pays attention to race-card politics anymore. In one ear, out the other, as they say. It's the Cry Wolf process winding down before our eyes.

I tend to agree with you Abbey. But we can't forget the huge number of average Joe's who voted for Obama in 2008. So gullible, easily led, and totally clueless about almost everything until somebody mentions a DOLLAR BILL in their hands....for nothing.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !