Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    When I lived in Germany I came face-to-boob with this issue - the issue of public nudity.

While at the lake with my girlfriend, I was speaking to her well-endowed cousin, Connie. As connie was talking, she reached behind herself and un-snapped and out came probably the best-looking set of 'twins' I'd seen at the time. Large, full, and just about perfect. I was SHOCKED. I was embarassed. I was blushing. I had to decide right then and there WHERE the problem was - MY being uncomfortable, her Her? It was me. I was the problem there.

Fast forward almost 20 years now and I have to tell you, I'm WAY more liberal in that regard. Nudity is a problem for Americans because we've decided it's a problem. My kids are not hidden from nudity to the extend I was as a kid. My kids have seen mom and me nekkid - not flagrantly, but just in the course of livinging the same house and stuff happens. Mom, nor I freak the hell out when it happens. We just get on with things - with life - and dont make a big deal of it.

I hope that translates to them.

Nudity is fine. Context dictates.

A guy swinging his sack and pole 3 feet from my head? NOT COOL.

So, they are being taught proper decency, right?
    How young were they? I hope you didn't scar them for life...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I've agreed with the majority of what you wrote, but I still do think people should think of others in shared environments. What I talked about, referring to the sauna scene, is something I went through and saw with my own 2 eyes. Hell, and it's not like it was avoidable, and I DID leave when I didn't like it. But one minute I am lifting a towel to my brow, and then when I look up I am faced with a naked men bending over in front of me, not 2-3 feet away. That type of stuff is a bit much. Whether actually coming into contact or not, no one wants to see such intimate parts of another mans body. Passing by on way to lockers, or showers, or getting changed, absolutely. Nothing more than that though.
    Naughty bits aside, it's pretty rude to stick your butt practically in someone's face who isn't asking you to. What have we become- animals?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Naughty bits aside, it's pretty rude to stick your butt practically in someone's face who isn't asking you to. What have we become- animals?
    And the thing is, I certainly don't believe he did this on purpose, he simply didn't think, and didn't put respect for one another first. Today's attitude is more or less - do what you please so long as it's not physically harming someone, and they can leave if they don't like it. It's sad that so many people just do things and think, "deal with it or leave".
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    I contend it's less-decent to treat nudity as sinful or dirty. Yes, my kids are self-aware enough to dress and conduct themselves appropriately. Any scaring would have been if I had freaked out and screamed at them.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

When I lived in Germany I came face-to-boob with this issue - the issue of public nudity.

While at the lake with my girlfriend, I was speaking to her well-endowed cousin, Connie. As connie was talking, she reached behind herself and un-snapped and out came probably the best-looking set of 'twins' I'd seen at the time. Large, full, and just about perfect. I was SHOCKED. I was embarassed. I was blushing. I had to decide right then and there WHERE the problem was - MY being uncomfortable, her Her? It was me. I was the problem there.

Fast forward almost 20 years now and I have to tell you, I'm WAY more liberal in that regard. Nudity is a problem for Americans because we've decided it's a problem. My kids are not hidden from nudity to the extend I was as a kid. My kids have seen mom and me nekkid - not flagrantly, but just in the course of livinging the same house and stuff happens. Mom, nor I freak the hell out when it happens. We just get on with things - with life - and dont make a big deal of it.

I hope that translates to them.

Nudity is fine. Context dictates.

A guy swinging his sack and pole 3 feet from my head? NOT COOL.

The Finnish sauna in the nude with the whold family. When my kids went to visit she covered up out of respect for their comfort level regarding nudity.

Americans can be very uptight, and I admit that nudity in public makes me uncomfortable, I certainly would get out of the Y changing area quickly if it was overt.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    Seriously your younger brother only stopped running around nude last year and he's 14.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Can't get away from it.

I contend it's less-decent to treat nudity as sinful or dirty. Yes, my kids are self-aware enough to dress and conduct themselves appropriately. Any scaring would have been if I had freaked out and screamed at them.
    dmp. I agree. Treating nudity as sinful or dirty is...'as the old saying goes'...
    "In the eye of the beholder" in many ways.

One pragmatic way to look at it, in my opinion. Would be.
    For all of us to think for a moment, and ask ourselves.
    "On the day I was born. Was I wearing clothes?"

Anyone happen to know any other human being who arrived on their birthday...with a diaper on?
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !