Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Grown-up's, adults who are confident enough NOT to always think someone is a threat to your body. Normally have no problems dealing with those kinds of situations.

That respect thing is a Two-way street kind of thing. What if, or Maybe... the other people you fear are thinking the very same things you are???

If you are threatened by such situations. You do have a choice. You can leave. That's where it ends.
    I'll agree with that much, that I always have the option of walking away from something I don't want to see, and yes, that would put an end to my unhappiness with what I'm seeing. But when in a small facility, don't you think it's inappropriate for a man to bend over, full naked, dangling, back to others, in a room that is about 5'x5'? I think it's common courtesy to those you are sharing the facilities with, and maybe a self respect thing to not want to share your "balloon knot", and loose fitting frank-n-beans with others?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    I'm insecure about THEIR bodies...not mine.
    If you would stop comparing, you wouldn't feel so insecure.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    If you would stop comparing, you wouldn't feel so insecure.
    Contrasting...not comparing.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I've never seen women walk around naked at the Y and I hope I never do.

Honestly it would make me uncomfortable and I would probably change and get out as fast as possible. I certainly see no reason why anyone would want to strutt around infront of others unless they were advertising their assets.

my older sister who lives in Finland says Americans are puritanical when it comes to being naked. I don't disagree.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'll agree with that much, that I always have the option of walking away from something I don't want to see, and yes, that would put an end to my unhappiness with what I'm seeing. But when in a small facility, don't you think it's inappropriate for a man to bend over, full naked, dangling, back to others, in a room that is about 5'x5'? I think it's common courtesy to those you are sharing the facilities with, and maybe a self respect thing to not want to share your "balloon knot", and loose fitting frank-n-beans with others?

jimnyc. I'll just stand by with what I've already said before. Through all of my 30 years in uniform, on many ships, shore stations, and as a firefighter for a short period. Not once was I ever threatened, tormented, or lured into any disgusting kind of things you talked about above.
    I think you imagine, more than state factual happenings that seem to have a distorted view based on what other people may have said.
    What is the problem if you are not coming in contact with the very people you are talking about? If it hasn't happened, or even...if it did. YOU are still in control. That's the difference between PROBABLY and ACTUALLY.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post

Honestly it would make me uncomfortable and I would probably change and get out as fast as possible. I certainly see no reason why anyone would want to strutt around infront of others unless they were advertising their assets.

my older sister who lives in Finland says Americans are puritanical when it comes to being naked. I don't disagree.
    Well we were founded by some pretty damn conservative religious folks. Sorta makes sense.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

jimnyc. I'll just stand by with what I've already said before. Through all of my 30 years in uniform, on many ships, shore stations, and as a firefighter for a short period. Not once was I ever threatened, tormented, or lured into any disgusting kind of things you talked about above.
    I think you imagine, more than state factual happenings that seem to have a distorted view based on what other people may have said.
    What is the problem if you are not coming in contact with the very people you are talking about? If it hasn't happened, or even...if it did. YOU are still in control. That's the difference between PROBABLY and ACTUALLY.
    I've agreed with the majority of what you wrote, but I still do think people should think of others in shared environments. What I talked about, referring to the sauna scene, is something I went through and saw with my own 2 eyes. Hell, and it's not like it was avoidable, and I DID leave when I didn't like it. But one minute I am lifting a towel to my brow, and then when I look up I am faced with a naked men bending over in front of me, not 2-3 feet away. That type of stuff is a bit much. Whether actually coming into contact or not, no one wants to see such intimate parts of another mans body. Passing by on way to lockers, or showers, or getting changed, absolutely. Nothing more than that though.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I have seen women walking naked around my Y. I saw it as a kid, as an adult. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a rare occurrence.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I have seen women walking naked around my Y. I saw it as a kid, as an adult. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a rare occurrence.

Kathianne. Then. You must agree. If you are insulted, or bothered with the sight of other human beings at the "Y". You can voice your opinion to the management there. Or. Just leave.

I honestly believe this topic is kind of selfish, and childish since Most of us are Adults. AREN'T WE?
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Kathianne. Then. You must agree. If you are insulted, or bothered with the sight of other human beings at the "Y". You can voice your opinion to the management there. Or. Just leave.

I honestly believe this topic is kind of selfish, and childish since Most of us are Adults. AREN'T WE?
    Yeah, I'll say I always averted my eyes, not keen on others waist or boobs or butts. That's me. Wasn't traumatized, for sure. Nothing to talk to management about, if I did I'm pretty certain they'd say, "Perhaps this isn't the place for you."

My much more 'elite' health club, had way more naked women. Again, I averted my eyes and got on with it. Again as I said, if I had the sauna or steam to myself, naked. If someone came in, covered. That's me.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    In the locker room - I will never understand this - naked men walking around being naken. One guy, 3 feet from me, swinging around has he unloaded his duffel and dug for shaving gear. One guy was naked the whole time I was there. I'm not sure what he was doing - but as I passed to the toilet, he was naked. As I passed to the shower he was naked. He got into the shower next to me and I thought he was oddly close to the divider - could see the top of his head inches away. Wondered if he was peepin' me. As I left he was still naked.
    Is it possible to remove "rep" previously given?

In this case for wasting thread space by starting one about naked men when there's a plethora of hot Olympic chicks we've yet to see?

I've been reduced to a short stack of buttons, dammit.
    Mama Jeffro: Jeeeeh-froooo! What's going on down there? What's that smell?
    Jeffro: Nothing ma! Me and Lorenzo are practicing our Turkish oil wrestling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Again as I said, if I had the sauna or steam to myself, naked.
    Naked Kathy.

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.
    Mama Jeffro: Jeeeeh-froooo! What's going on down there? What's that smell?
    Jeffro: Nothing ma! Me and Lorenzo are practicing our Turkish oil wrestling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taft2012 View Post
    Naked Kathy.

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.
    LOL! But that's what I'm speaking about, with others eyes, (female), I covered up. I like being neked, just not around others, especially of same sex.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've seen women do that a lot at the Y and other public pools, some of them had their children with them, and..... well....I think their ass-ettes might have been more welcome at Woodstock 40 yrs ago.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

When I lived in Germany I came face-to-boob with this issue - the issue of public nudity.

While at the lake with my girlfriend, I was speaking to her well-endowed cousin, Connie. As connie was talking, she reached behind herself and un-snapped and out came probably the best-looking set of 'twins' I'd seen at the time. Large, full, and just about perfect. I was SHOCKED. I was embarassed. I was blushing. I had to decide right then and there WHERE the problem was - MY being uncomfortable, her Her? It was me. I was the problem there.

Fast forward almost 20 years now and I have to tell you, I'm WAY more liberal in that regard. Nudity is a problem for Americans because we've decided it's a problem. My kids are not hidden from nudity to the extend I was as a kid. My kids have seen mom and me nekkid - not flagrantly, but just in the course of livinging the same house and stuff happens. Mom, nor I freak the hell out when it happens. We just get on with things - with life - and dont make a big deal of it.

I hope that translates to them.

Nudity is fine. Context dictates.

A guy swinging his sack and pole 3 feet from my head? NOT COOL.

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.