Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default We REALLY need to start banning/regulating knives

This epidemic of selling knives to just anyone is getting out of hand. Why anyone needs a weapon capable of killing 8 people in one setting is beyond me. If these weapons were regulated better this wouldn't have happened. Better yet, they should ban them altogether, and this won't ever happen to anyone again.

BEIJING (AP) -- A teenager killed eight people with a knife and wounded five more in northeast China after falling out with his girlfriend, state media said Thursday.

The teen killed two of her family members and six more people before fleeing, the state-run Legal Daily newspaper said. It reported he was caught but did not describe the circumstances.

The official Xinhua News Agency said the attack took place Wednesday night in Liaoning province. Media said the 17-year-old suspect is from Fushun city and his surname is Li. The attack happened in Yongling town.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-02-06-05-46
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry your sarcasm tags aren't showing. Is this a dig at recent calls for gun control in the US?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

My take on violence in China is that we have Chinese style violence everywhere that liberalism has taken over. Chicago and D.C. has some of the most un-Constitutional regulations in banning our 2nd Amendment YET they have some of the worse knife crimes from un-registered knives in the nation! Why is that? Because the thugs know that WE THE PEOPLE have been disarmed and/or that they, as criminals, could care less about ANY knife regulation. They'll get them from stealing legal knives from legal Patriot's homes, black market from overseas or E-reek with-HOLDER or Bad Odor Berry's Mexican gang....at a real cheap price.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    My take on violence in China is that we have Chinese style violence everywhere that liberalism has taken over. Chicago and D.C. has some of the most un-Constitutional regulations in banning our 2nd Amendment YET they have some of the worse knife crimes from un-registered knives in the nation! Why is that? Because the thugs know that WE THE PEOPLE have been disarmed and/or that they, as criminals, could care less about ANY knife regulation. They'll get them from stealing legal knives from legal Patriot's homes, black market from overseas or E-reek with-HOLDER or Bad Odor Berry's Mexican gang....at a real cheap price.

And what's really hilarious is that gun crime still exists, as well. Sure, it's a little harder to get access to one, but once you have one, you're in a zone where there's no reasonable chance your victims will be armed to defend themselves from you. This is what never made sense to me about gun control: Past the basics, it only hinders the law-abiding in their own defense from the very people we buy guns to defend against.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Ban knives?

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    This epidemic of selling knives to just anyone is getting out of hand. Why anyone needs a weapon capable of killing 8 people in one setting is beyond me. If these weapons were regulated better this wouldn't have happened. Better yet, they should ban them altogether, and this won't ever happen to anyone again.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-02-06-05-46

jimnyc. I agree. It's terrible. Selling knives to just anyone is getting out of hand.
    Come to think about it. We should also ban Razor Blades for shaving. Box cutters, screw drivers, and even Very thin paper...to prevent PAPER CUTS.
    Let's just ban everything and start all over.
    Now. Where do we begin????
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !