Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
I hope this fixes more problems than it creates. But thanks to a tip from a member here, I have installed code from vbulletin that should prevent quotes from getting screwed up. If someone accidentally places the bold within the quote tags, it will prevent the post from going forward and alert you when you hit the submit button, and will need to be fixed. And even if you submit a post, both with the quote tags in brackets, but forget the backslash in the last one, it will prevent you from submitting until the code is fixed.

The idea behind this code is to simply prevent bogus code from being submitted with your posts, forcing users to fix the code and submit correctly. This will alleviate much of the issues where posts get quoted improperly and ten posts later the entire thread is jumbled characters and none of us knows who posted what.

Here is the only issue I can think of - if someone truly has no idea at all how the quoting functions work and have no idea at all how to fix the bogus code. I can see it being a bit frustrating. But I believe everyone knows how to use the code, just that at times when posting quickly, a letter here or a letter there gets misplaced. But this is open for testing and if becomes problematic, we can change it back. Or even better, if someone continually gets the error and really has no idea how to fix, just post here for additional help!
I also want to thank "Anton Chigurh" who is the one who linked me to the code that helps us here!