Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    You got it. That's the best description of what it is I've heard in a long time.
    When I was in the learning stages of html, and computers in general, in the Navy.
    They originally called all of it "FRED" F'in Ridiculous Electronic Devices.
    Learning it is a killer and there's really only one way to do it, trial and error after study.

Really tough stuff, just kills ya initially until the light bulb comes on..
    ‎'Is there anything wrong with anything.' Is that what you're asking, friendo?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    Learning it is a killer and there's really only one way to do it, trial and error after study.

Really tough stuff, just kills ya initially until the light bulb comes on..

I know it's probably been a long time since you first began Anton. But, do you remember that FIRST time, when you discovered how amazing, and simple html coding actually was? Then, javascript being designed to accomplish so much?
    That light bulb first came on for me in 1980, while I was at Comm school in San Diego for the navy. First, I learned how to type...with more than 2 fingers. 15 words per minute in one week. Then, in competition with a HUGE, OLD, computer as the course depended on speed to graduate.
    Everything after that with computers took place at sea, with communications satellites, and long, long hours of practice, practice, practice.
    Now. It's almost like breathing.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    I know it's probably been a long time since you first began Anton. But, do you remember that FIRST time, when you discovered how amazing, and simple html coding actually was? Then, javascript being designed to accomplish so much?
    That light bulb first came on for me in 1980, while I was at Comm school in San Diego for the navy. First, I learned how to type...with more than 2 fingers. 15 words per minute in one week. Then, in competition with a HUGE, OLD, computer as the course depended on speed to graduate.
    Everything after that with computers took place at sea, with communications satellites, and long, long hours of practice, practice, practice.
    Now. It's almost like breathing.
    1978.... High school newspaper News Editor... The old Compugraphic typesetting machines... Their code strings were Greek to all of us... And were a precursor to HTML and modern pagination.... But it finally dawned on me there was a language here, and one that although it had rules, those rules could be bent at times. IF you understood the language.

So that when I first ran into HTML coding, it really wasn't fair because I already understood the principles.

When js and jsp came along, it was just another evolutionary step for me. PHP was a horizon, one I still haven't reached the boundaries of.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This fix sure made the issue just... Go away with no one even making mention of the change.

Looks like it really works nicely.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

If all else fails, highlight the words you want to quote, paste them if necessary, and click on the quote icon (the thought bubble). No bracket or missing backslash errors possible.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    If all else fails, highlight the words you want to quote, paste them if necessary, and click on the quote icon (the thought bubble). No bracket or missing backslash errors possible.
    Nicely though, the issue just entirely disappeared after Jim added the new plugin for it. The board now won't post your post if it has quote tag errors, it takes you to the preview screen and lets you know you have a error.

He was concerned there would be complaints, etc. None have materialized. The problem just..... vanished.
    Last edited by Anton Chigurh; 08-14-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

@sear

And hopefully this will help others or anyone. Bolding, italics and other ways of "quoting" really aren't quoting members, not by the way it's designed anyway. I come in and see a 10 page thread, but when I read one reply, for example, I have no clue at all who wrote what in that particular reply. It just looks like bold and regular writing and it's a pain in the ass to try and figure out who wrote what. I think just hitting the quote button in general most folks know how to do. But then when wanting to reply to multiple people at once, some aren't sure how. That's the "multiquoting". I have a video at the bottom that helps, or so I hope.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I agree, Jim. Over the course of a couple posts, not using the 'quote' function makes it very difficult to go back and see exactly what each poster originally said. It tends to make me think the person using their own way of quoting are being less than truthful.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I agree, Jim. Over the course of a couple posts, not using the 'quote' function makes it very difficult to go back and see exactly what each poster originally said. It tends to make me think the person using their own way of quoting are being less than truthful.
    Well, the person this was intended for hasn't even opened this thread, even though I sent a notification. Anyone is free to post as they wish, but they shouldn't be surprised if others don't want to "work" to read their crap, and they get less responses.

I'm having a bad memory right now of Chesswars now!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock