Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Slim down with a hula-hoop workout

Here is something I need to try. Maybe I will buy some for the girls and I. Or also those lemons on a rope that you used to put around your ankle and skip over...remember those? Wonder if they still make them.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************

You may not have touched one since you were 10, but the humble hula hoop is a bona fide piece of workout equipment that can tone your thighs, abdominals, gluteals, and arms. And it’s just as much fun as you remember.
    “You barely feel like you’re working out,” said Sunny Becks-Crumpton, a hooping instructor and the owner of Hooprama, an exercise studio in East Nashville, Tennessee.
    To try it, grab a hoop and complete this routine three times a week, going through the sequence twice. At first the moves may throw you for a loop, but don’t despair: Practice makes perfect

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/1...#ixzz22rWQVBqO

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

My jump rope is my nemesis. It's a love/hate relationship!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    My jump rope is my nemesis. It's a love/hate relationship!
    Jumping rope is another one. I am kind of a clutz though...I would probably trip myself and break something.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Jumping rope is another one. I am kind of a clutz though...I would probably trip myself and break something.
    LOL! Believe me, it took a lot of practice to get going with the jump rope. Some of my workouts called for 20 reps (early on) and I would be like "One... *well pooh* ... one ... *aw crap* ... one..."
    That would go on for half an hour at least. I do ok with it now but still can't jump rope for more than a few minutes before I'm back to "One ...."
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    LOL! Believe me, it took a lot of practice to get going with the jump rope. Some of my workouts called for 20 reps (early on) and I would be like "One... *well pooh* ... one ... *aw crap* ... one..."
    That would go on for half an hour at least. I do ok with it now but still can't jump rope for more than a few minutes before I'm back to "One ...."
    I would probably get past maybe 5 reps and then be breathing so hard from exertion I would pass out. I really need to get back in the habit of doing more excercising