Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Thank you for the warning.
    Are you going to just sit there or are you going to take action ?

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Are you going to just sit there or are you going to take action ?
    Are you talking to yourself ?

Considering the posts I've seen from you which advocate that others, and not you, take action ... I think my confusion is understandable ...
    Last edited by Drummond; 08-22-2012 at 09:20 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not peddling hatred. However, I am in opposition to Left-wing hatred.

And this isn't the first time, is it, that you've tried to call on me to fix problems which affect YOU. Now, why is that ? Why are you set upon turning your back on problems laid at your door, not by me, but by those who particularly see themselves as your natural enemy ?

Assange has attacked America, in accordance with his Left-wing agenda. In my view you've every conceivable right to extradite this character to face American justice. But ... you seem resistant to the idea.

You indicate actual support for Assange by even including something from him in your signature !

Now, why would that be ?
    I support the disclosure of the truth pertaining to criminal acts. America has been burned before by the exact kind of thing Assange has disclosed. He's a pissant compared to the kind of trouble America can get into for international crimes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you talking to yourself ?

Considering the posts I've seen from you which advocate that others, and not you, take action ... I think my confusion is understandable ...
    If you think you are telling me something I am not aware of, you're dreaming. Now he is the big question---Is there something specific that you think I should do as an individual to protect America ? If all you have to say is "be afraid " forget it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I support the disclosure of the truth pertaining to criminal acts. America has been burned before by the exact kind of thing Assange has disclosed. He's a pissant compared to the kind of trouble America can get into for international crimes.
    ^^^^^^ Really? Paying homage to the World Court are you?-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    ^^^^^^ Really? Paying homage to the World Court are you?-Tyr
    screw them----I don't want our troops killing willy nilly. It's wrong. It's not what America is about. It's expensive, deadly and not making us safer as Syria is plainly demonstrating right now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

... ah, is this you advocating the 'blame game' of before ?

That all sorts of so-called crimes be examined, and fretted over, regardless of how old they are, or however irrelevant to today's world.

That other powers call upon long-dead situations and accusations in order to find excuses to mitigate their own actions ...

Assange is a present-day aggravation. 'Pissant' or not, he wants the opportunity to cause yet more harm, in the furtherance of his agenda. I see no reason to argue that he should have a free hand to achieve it.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

... ah, is this you advocating the 'blame game' of before ?

That all sorts of so-called crimes be examined, and fretted over, regardless of how old they are, or however irrelevant to today's world.

That other powers call upon long-dead situations and accusations in order to find excuses to mitigate their own actions ...

Assange is a present-day aggravation. 'Pissant' or not, he wants the opportunity to cause yet more harm, in the furtherance of his agenda. I see no reason to argue that he should have a free hand to achieve it.
    He has disclosed videos of THIS war---get you ass out of the past and see if you can keep up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Tell me this, then. When all this was drafted, was the intended effect that people from foreign lands take it upon themselves to beat America with a big stick ?

Note the criticism of Britain ... and the context specific to those words. The American colonies acted to extricate themselves from domination they considered 'foreign' and against which they were highly critical. Yet ... today, we have Assange, who's already charged with a criminal act and who's wanted for trial as a consequence, setting himself up as your judge and, indeed, 'executioner' ... and against the will or reasonable control of your own country's authorities.

Logroller, ask yourself whether America should once again be subject to the tyranny of a self-serving foreign opportunist, against its will.

If, in fact, there are issues which Americans need to undergo self-examination over, this is a matter for YOUR PEOPLE to sort out. It isn't for Assange to rob you of the self-determination implicit in so doing .. and this from someone charged with criminality, who considers he has the right to EVADE JUDGMENT, just as he sees fit !!
    No. Nor was the intent to have America become the stick wielding tyrant; that's the rub, not some sneaky spooner exposing the fact. Your proposition that the declaration was only meant to describe 'foreign' power could not be further from the truth. It clearly states "any form of goverment" and assange the judge and executioner? By what authority is he vested such powers? You've already said, he hasn't! He just exposed the truth-- and that is a right everyone has.

Ok. So I need to wrap this up, as I'm going on a backpacking trip and won't be available for a while. (don't miss me too much)
    Truth is, I don't have a problem with acts (even illicit ones) taken to protect actual national security, but what i believe, and evidence exposed by assange shows, is the government isn't acting wholly in the interest of national security, but rather, special interests. I say this isn't in the interest of national security because I don't believe we are safer now than we have been-- so I see that as a failure of my government. I think I'm right to be mad and demand answers. Instead, ive a government pursuing secretive indictments of the man who uncovered the acts. I don't want foreign agents spying on me, but nor do I want my government (by proxy or otherwise) doing so either. If I gotta let some douchbags walk to show the govt (especially the administrative and judicial branches who answer to no one, really) just how it feels to have their laws ignored, than so be it. I know, two wrongs don't make a right; but I don't see anything right about this whole fiasco, only wrongs across the board. Assuming assange and manning are brought to justice for their alleged crimes - which is likely - what's a couple 'rights' gonna do, really? Other than reaffirm that the government's will shall not be obstructed by anything, even the bold and unsavory truth...I won't sleep any better, that's all I'm saying, and November elections seem to have little to no effect.
    well, im off to explore God's country in the AM, so im off to bed. Cheers to you all!
    Last edited by logroller; 08-22-2012 at 11:44 PM.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

He has disclosed videos of THIS war---get you ass out of the past and see if you can keep up.
    And any people that are outed to have broken laws should hopefully meet justice as well. But whether he disclosed crimes from 30 years ago, or yesterday, neither absolves him of his own crimes. There is nothing in our justice system that allows for that. If it were true, we would have endless hackers and other criminals running around Washington recklessly, knowing that if they can find just one crime, everything they are doing illegally will be forgotten or overlooked.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    No. Nor was the intent to have America become the stick wielding tyrant; that's the rub, not some sneaky spooner exposing the fact. Your proposition that the declaration was only meant to describe 'foreign' power could not be further from the truth. It clearly states "any form of goverment" and assange the judge and executioner? By what authority is he vested such powers? You've already said, he hasn't! He just exposed the truth-- and that is a right everyone has.
    Written in that manner, yes. But if finding the exposed truth required committing crimes, then they must be held accountable for their crimes. Or are you possibly advocating that anyone committing crimes in Washington should be cleared, so long as their crime uncovers something illegal by our government?

If this is how you guys feel, which you aren't alone, that Washington is so untrustworthy, why not work to have more oversight put in place? Rather than have criminals working illegally to see what is going on behind the scenes? I know though, too many will say then that the oversight is susceptible to politics as well. And that's probably true to an extent. But I just don't see a place for criminal action being the answer to the shenanigans in Washington.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Do these opinions give him the right to run from the judicial system? Would they in any way absolve him of any crimes? And keep in mind, it's not as if they were diligent in the stolen property they received, at least not all of it. They didn't just spend the time to find crimes and then "whistleblow" against them. They/He recklessly disseminated anything they had. Even Assange's own team have went on record as stating that they disagreed with him, that they needed additional time to vet the information and ensure that they weren't placing any lives in danger. That, and the fact that probably 95%+ of what they released was nothing illegal at all. Hard to claim whistleblowing when nothing illegal has transpired.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Let's be clear too, no way is this whole thing by Manning/Assange have anything to do with whistlblowing. That's simply a defense thought up after the fact. Had they solely released incriminating documents of illegal activity, or war crimes, then perhaps they would have a defense. They would STILL have to face justice, but they would have a plausible defense. The hundreds of thousands, and perhaps more, of documents that they tossed out there in addition have NOTHING to do with any type of absurd whistleblowing claim.