Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
Shadow, what kind of high school do your kids go to?
My high school was a closed campus. You could ditch class, but where you could go was a problem. Because faculty and staff roamed the hallways and district police patrolled the outside.
Instructors had to submit attendance reports for every class.
In our district's alternative school, the students wear a specific type of ID badge. If they try to leave campus, an alarm goes off.
She now attends a charter school which is really strict...but she loves it so far, and seems to like all of her classes,teachers and her advisor. Prior...she was just attending a regular High school that was part of APS. Closed campus...but it was obviously not enforced very well. Mommy had to track her butt down and report her for detention multiple times. It became a second job...I finally gave up because the school would not work with me to get her on an academic plan. She ended up being reclassified as a freshman and later getting accepted at a charter school with an accelerated program...where she can catch up on credits she lost last year.

Probably better for her in the long run anyway. So, it seems to have worked out for the best.