Quote Originally Posted by taft2012 View Post
No, I don't think in like 1986 through 1988 Americans were shooting at communists, except maybe for the little Grenada expedition.

I'm saying that *IF* conservatives were truly going to wage an armed insurrection they have a fascist-like cause already in place; the genocide of unborn Americans. Except for a few isolated incidents, they have chosen not to act.

I'm not advocating insurrection, so no, you don't understand. I'm saying most of the talk is a lot of substanceless bluster. If it had any substance we'd have had an armed insurrection decades ago, with the innocent body count quickly catching up to that of Hitler, Stalin, and Mao.

And my contempt is for those who say they will take up arms but were panicked at the notion of holding up a piece of oak tag. I think that was pretty clear.
Ok, got ya. When you say Cold War I think of the period from post WW II thru the Vietnam era to the time Reagan was in office. I view the late 80s as the end of the Cold War. Apparently you are a bit younger than I am. I agree that actions speak louder than words and most folks are rather good at shooting their mouth off (pun intended) but fall short when it comes time to back up the rhetoric.