Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taft2012 View Post
    ... and for the record, anyone who poses a threat to my life or the lives of any officers working with me with deadly physical force, during the course of us acting duly and doing our legal duties, shouldn't be surprised if they're rewarded with a consolation prize of an eternal plot of real estate like the gentleman won outside the Empire State Building yesterday.l
    It is best not to let the government pit the police against the law abiding citizens IMHO. For doing so pits ones duty against the duty of the other. Our police are here to serve the citizenry not the illegal and tyrannical dictates of a corrupted government hell bent on taking away our Rights. Police should refuse to enforce such unlawful orders and should think of their family's future as well as this nation IMHO. Our government wanted a treaty that would authorise foreign troops coming here to enforce anti-gun laws (it has failed). Thats because they did not trust that our military would obey unlaw orders to kill our citizens over unconstitutional gun confiscation. Police should wise up that they will be forced to help destroy this nation and they should refuse. Otherwise the citizen will have no other recourse but to defend also against the police too. We as citizens should make all police officers understand this IMHO.--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tyr, all of those quotes are fine.

What I'm asking is why do people who stand by and watch First Amendment rights trampled with only the slightest of murmurs, then threaten to kill their friends and neighbors over the 2nd Amendment, particularly when they've already allowed enormous government intrusions into that right, such as licensing and registration?

It doesn't make any sense to me.
    Mama Jeffro: Jeeeeh-froooo! What's going on down there? What's that smell?
    Jeffro: Nothing ma! Me and Lorenzo are practicing our Turkish oil wrestling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

What I'm asking is why do people who stand by and watch First Amendment rights trampled with only the slightest of murmurs, then threaten to kill their friends and neighbors over the 2nd Amendment, particularly when they've already allowed enormous government intrusions into that right, such as licensing and registration?

I share your confusion . They should be hellbent against any of our rights being trampled upon as they are being now. Those intrusions fall, short of confiscation and maybe thats why they were allowed, this has been a long process which has been designed to gain eventually success by degrees. We should have stood firm many decades ago! But we failed to see the eventual goal as was the plan.
    It doesnt make sense except that people are reluctant to fight unless severely provoked. Government knows this and have taken the long slow approach by design.
    We should all urge our police officers to consider this coming divisive agenda and refuse to go along with it. I think many police have already made that decision although they do not announce it openly. I know my nephew did while he was still a police officer. He flat out stated should they order him to confiscate law abiding citizen's guns he would toss the badge in their damn faces and tell them to kiss his ass! Looks like my sis raised that boy right!--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    It is best not to let the government pit the police against the law abiding citizens IMHO. For doing so pits ones duty against the duty of the other. Our police are here to serve the citizenry not the illegal and tyrannical dictates of a corrupted government hell bent on taking away our Rights. Police should refuse to enforce such unlawful orders and should think of their family's future as well as this nation IMHO.
    A citizen may be otherwise law-abiding, but if the firearm he/she possess is illegal it is my job to arrest them and confiscate the weapon. I don't get to write the laws and it is my duty to enforce them. Conservatives are rightfully all pissy about Obama deciding he's not going to enforce immigration laws, the Defense of Marriage Act, and laws against medical marijuana, yet they will turn around and tell the police to do the very same thing. Sorry, that's inconsistent and hypocritical.

Your job is to make sure the appropriate lawmakers and judges are elected. If you fail to do your job, don't expect me to half-ass my job to cover up for your failure.

And for heaven's sake, don't threaten to kill me for doing what your democratically elected government hired me to do.
    Last edited by taft2012; 08-25-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and Votes4Rinos, fer Chrissake...

that little dweeb is too petrified to even utter a word against an internet forum moderator for making up rules on-the-fly to retaliate against fellow conservative posters, and crawls around on the floor groveling and sniveling at their feet, ratting out conservatives to curry favor...

I'm supposed to believe HE'S suddenly going to turn into a gun-toting desperado and start shooting it out with armed police?

Please...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Here is a simple question for gun owners: how many of you gun owners own licensed firearms?

If owning a firearm is a right it shouldn't be licensed then, should it? I mean, you don't have a license to come onto debatepolicy.com and use your freedom of speech, do you? Your pastor doesn't have a license to preach religion, does he? You don't need a license to go to church every Sunday, do you? The New York Times doesn't need a license to print a newspaper everyday, does it?

So if you're all truly the cop-killing desperadoes you claim to be, why do you acquiesce to this government intrusion upon your rights and allow your firearms/handguns to be registered and licensed? When you buy a gun, shouldn't you shoot the guy who hands you the registration/license form? Why wait until a cop shows up to arrest you for not having the firearm licensed/registered?

If you were a Catholic would you allow the government to account for every Communion wafer you've received? Would you sign a receipt for every newspaper you purchase for entry into a government database?

Right now the government is forcing the Catholic Church to violate its own sacred doctrines, and its barely causing a ripple in the public discourse. But merely mention the 2nd Amendment and people start frothing at the mouth that they're going to shoot their friends and neighbors.

Help me out here, what is it about the 2nd Amendment that drives otherwise normal people to the brink of insanity?
    I suppose you are the only one without internet balls here. That being said, I do not care who you are, if you work for a despotic government and knowingly oppress the people you are supposedly sworn to protect then you are fair game as far as I am concerned. As for MY balls (internet or otherwise) I can only say that I have killed many men, some of whom I am sure were better men than you ever thought of being. It would be fair to say that they were doing their best to kill me at the same time.

Truthfully though, I don't think anyone here is claiming to be a "cop killing desperado" as you allege. They are merely stating that they would defend what is rightfully theirs. I presume from your posts that you are a cop or work with cops. Good on ya but if you think that makes you special you are wrong. Last time I checked most cops are subject to the same laws as the rest of us and (with the exception of the cops who work around the law ... oh I know that would NEVER happen) I have to believe that public servants like cops still have a sense of right and wrong. The days of "I was doing my duty" in perpetrating criminal acts are long gone.

Furthermore, your argument about registration of guns is exactly the thing under discussion here (in essence). The government has infringed on individual rights despite what the Constitution states under the guise of public safety. Just because the citizenry has not reacted violently to that (yet) does not mean the government is right. Eventually, when the government gets bad enough, the citizens WILL react violently. At that point, I am certain you and your gestapo like friends will be there to enforce the tyranny being imposed on you "friends and neighbors".
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I guess you highlight part of the problem. Many people simply do not care what legislation is passed particularly if it does not affect them directly.

As for threatening "friends and neighbors", as you say, some of that it is pure internet balls (as you put it). However, there are some out there who really do know how to engage with deadly force (not solitary nut cases, survivalists, etc either) and are willing to do so if the situation is dire enough. Don't forget, some of our founding fathers were willing to sacrifice their lively hood, property and very lives in the fight against tyranny and yes, they were willing to engage and kill their friends and neighbors to do so. It is true that there is a definite lack of "balls" of any kind among the populace should the need arise again. Hopefully, the ballot box will prove to be as powerfull as it once was.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    try to take my Guns....I'll take out more then one of them.....I promise you that!
    Give me a high powered rifle and I could if ambushing anybody easily do away with more than one before the other reacted get him too.
    hmmm... two gun nuts on a forum clearly stating that they have no problem with murdering people in cold blood. If that's not an advertisement for gun control I don't know what is. What is posted above would justify a visit from Homeland Security at least

Sounds like you would both deserve a police issue bullet to the head should you try to pull such a terrorist stunt.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

and Votes4Rinos, fer Chrissake...

that little dweeb is too petrified to even utter a word against an internet forum moderator for making up rules on-the-fly to retaliate against fellow conservative posters, and crawls around on the floor groveling and sniveling at their feet, ratting out conservatives to curry favor...

I'm supposed to believe HE'S suddenly going to turn into a gun-toting desperado and start shooting it out with armed police?

Please...
    What's that about? Something that took place here?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    hmmm... two gun nuts on a forum clearly stating that they have no problem with murdering people in cold blood. If that's not an advertisement for gun control I don't know what is. What is posted above would justify a visit from Homeland Security at least

Sounds like you would both deserve a police issue bullet to the head should you try to pull such a terrorist stunt.
    They were speaking of defending their 2nd amendment right. They are hardly the first and won't be the last, to say that they will fight to protect their constitutional right, up to an including force if necessary. We believe dearly in our long standing constitution and it IS something worth fighting over if it ever came to that. I don't think anyone truly wants to go out, proactively, and willy nilly shoot people in case they want to limit their rights. I think what they mean is that they will not give in if asked to relinquish their firearms, at any cost, and would fight back if anyone tried to use any type of force to take them away.

People tend to get a little excited in the way they express themselves regarding this subject. But a peek around the nation will show you that no one is running around like cowboys and shooting the police so that they don't take their guns. I agree that the way one expresses their desire to protect their COTUS rights should be a little more tempered.

But sorry, if it ever did come to that, our government going around trying to take away guns and ignore our 2nd amendment rights, anyone protecting those rights would not be a terrorist.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    I suppose you are the only one without internet balls here. That being said, I do not care who you are, if you work for a despotic government and knowingly oppress the people you are supposedly sworn to protect then you are fair game as far as I am concerned.
    So how do you define "despotic government"? This is a democratic representative republic. Any laws or issues that are heading in any direction you do not particularly like, you have the ability to elect entire new replacement governments and turn it all around. That is what the Founders left you. Only kooks think the Founders intended for citizens to resort to firearms just because all the of powers the Founders left in the hands of the citizenry didn't happen to go in a direction they agreed with.

Just because legislation and judicial rulings happen to go against you, does not make this a "despotic government".

So you consistently fail to sell your agenda at the ballot box, so what's the obvious answer? Shoot some police officers?

You disagree with some legislation and judicial rulings, as suddenly we're a "despotic" and "oppressive" government?

I can only say that I have killed many men, some of whom I am sure were better men than you ever thought of being. It would be fair to say that they were doing their best to kill me at the same time.
    And I'm sure you'll agree that one of the reasons you survived is because there were some good men around you. We got a lot of those good men too. You may have some nifty guns and a super neat-o bunker and all, and I'm sure we'll have a long discussion about it at the bar afterwards over a few beers... you won't be there of course, but we'll discuss it all the same.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

It is an honor to be called a gun nut by the likes of you. Get in line reporting me to Homeland Security. We patriots are reported everyday for our posts and sometimes hourly.
    Now American citizens vowing to uphold the Constitution here are terrorists according to you but your camelrug buddies that are actually murdering innocent women and children are heroes, great Jihad warriors or else non-muslim thugs ! You live in a lying ffkk up world bozo. One your kind will not impose on me or mine. I'll be happy to see to that! Now be sure to spell my name right when you report me , you ffing muslim snitch. And tell them I also said -ffkk- them too, they are just government scabs for the most part IMHO. NEED ANYMORE EVIDENCE ON ME JUST PM ME AND I'll speak even more bluntly about them and the damn muslim murdering graven cowardly scum too! Send the damn pm , I dont lie. -Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is an honor to be called a gun nut by the likes of you. Get in line reporting me to Homeland Security. We patriots are reported everyday for our posts and sometimes hourly.
    Now American citizens vowing to uphold the Constitution here are terrorists according to you but your camelrug buddies that are actually murdering innocent women and children are heroes, great Jihad warriors or else non-muslim thugs ! You live in a lying ffkk up world bozo. One your kind will not impose on me or mine. I'll be happy to see to that! Now be sure to spell my name right when you report me , you ffing muslim snitch. And tell them I also said -ffkk- them too, they are just government scabs for the most part IMHO. NEED ANYMORE EVIDENCE ON ME JUST PM ME AND I'll speak even more bluntly about them and the damn muslim murdering graven cowardly scum too! Send the damn pm , I dont lie. -Tyr
    If I the guy deciding on whether you would get a license or not, these kind of tyrades would put you in the no pile. Too unstable and unpredictable to own a firearm.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

If I the guy deciding on whether you would get a license or not, these kind of tyrades would put you in the no pile. Too unstable and unpredictable to own a firearm.
    Too bad, I already own guns and have for well over 40 years. Have commited no felonies and have harmed nobody with a weapon of any kind ever. I used my fists as a young man to settle serious disputes. Havent even had to do that lately since I became so darn mellow!--Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

So how do you define "despotic government"? This is a democratic representative republic. Any laws or issues that are heading in any direction you do not particularly like, you have the ability to elect entire new replacement governments and turn it all around. That is what the Founders left you. Only kooks think the Founders intended for citizens to resort to firearms just because all the of powers the Founders left in the hands of the citizenry didn't happen to go in a direction they agreed with.

Just because legislation and judicial rulings happen to go against you, does not make this a "despotic government".

So you consistently fail to sell your agenda at the ballot box, so what's the obvious answer? Shoot some police officers?

You disagree with some legislation and judicial rulings, as suddenly we're a "despotic" and "oppressive" government?

And I'm sure you'll agree that one of the reasons you survived is because there were some good men around you. We got a lot of those good men too. You may have some nifty guns and a super neat-o bunker and all, and I'm sure we'll have a long discussion about it at the bar afterwards over a few beers... you won't be there of course, but we'll discuss it all the same.

Pure internet balls on display again. I knew you had some.

You are deflecting. You know darn well what I am saying. I am not talking about "some" legislation I disagree with and you know it. You can denigrate all you want and heck you might even believe what you are saying. Hitler relied on men like you. "Go round up the Jews and kill them all; it's the law!" I bet you think it can't happen in this country. Native Americans were rounded up and put on reservations ... it was the LAW. American citizens of Japanese decent were rounded up and place in internment camps ... it was the LAW. Veterans of this country's military were fired upon and killed by the government ... it was the LAW. I know all you cops are big bad asses but I happen to know that cops bleed and die just like everyone else.

The bottom line is I and the other posters in opposition to your Nazi philosophy DO respect the law. We do vote. We also pay your salary (or some of us do assuming you are indeed a public servant). All we are saying is that when our duly elected representatives turn into tyrannical despots and ignore the very laws that frame this country, begin oppressing the citizens as a result and send out little storm troopers like you to beat (and shoot) the people into submission, then there will be opposition. Do your duty indeed but be prepared to accept the ramifications.

I have no doubt there will be long discussions in the bar after such a confrontation. SOME of you will discuss it but assuredly not all of you. Pelosi was partially right; veterans are a threat to the country. They are a threat to a country as she and her ilk envision it; a tyrannical state run by an elite class with little flying monkeys like you to run around trying to enforce that tyranny. What really makes veterans so dangerous to her and people like you is that veterans (especially combat veterans) are not afraid to stand up and fight. Cops like you rely on the fact that most people will not.

I have no bunker; I don't need one. I have plenty of brothers in arms though who are ready willing and able to take on the flying monkeys and their leash holders.
    Thomas Jefferson