Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Finally got me a wireless mouse

Great computer and latop, just for whatever reason stayed with my mouse forever. But that wire has been driving me nuts, and collecting dust and generally just pissing me off. So I broke the piggy bank and got a wireless mouse from Staples, who is having a huge back to school sale, so I got it for $14.99 when it's normally $39.99. It's a Logitech and it works, so outside of that I guess that's all that matters. I'm happy, little gadgets make my day!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Wireless mouse = good

I heard that wireless keyboards should be avoided at all costs because someone can eavesdrop on the transmission and steal passwords and such... don't know if that's still true.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Keep your old wired mouse as a backup.
    Nothing sucks more than having your wireless batteries die and you have no extra batteries around.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Wireless mouse = good

I heard that wireless keyboards should be avoided at all costs because someone can eavesdrop on the transmission and steal passwords and such... don't know if that's still true.
    Hadn't thought of that, but I don't think I want a wireless KB, at least not yet. I was thinking of a wireless KB via bluetooth for my tablet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    Keep your old wired mouse as a backup.
    Nothing sucks more than having your wireless batteries die and you have no extra batteries around.
    Already wrapped her up and put it in my supply closet!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Great computer and latop, just for whatever reason stayed with my mouse forever. But that wire has been driving me nuts, and collecting dust and generally just pissing me off. So I broke the piggy bank and got a wireless mouse from Staples, who is having a huge back to school sale, so I got it for $14.99 when it's normally $39.99. It's a Logitech and it works, so outside of that I guess that's all that matters. I'm happy, little gadgets make my day!
    I'm surprised you didn't just hold out for some brainreading eye movement tracker.
    But hey, welcome to the 21st century. (is a smart phone next)
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Wireless mouse = good

KarlMarx. That statement is nearly totally true about someone eavesdropping on the transmissions.

Many people are also...not aware, that leaving your PC, or Laptop powered-up 24/7 is also an invitation for Hackers, and certain Websites to always know when you are online, or not using the ALWAYS ON, ENERGIZED CIRCUITS that sit there with a Screen Saver for hours.
    It is especially true with cable, and satellite modem hookups that BRAG about always being ready to use the Internet. These days. We all need to be much more careful since IDENTITY THEFT is now a Multi-billion dollar business that SPARES NOONE!
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just went back to wired. I get sick of changing the batteries, and buying new ones.

a small one with a usb, only about 6 inch long cord too. works like a charm.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    I just went back to wired. I get sick of changing the batteries, and buying new ones.

I started using rechargeable batteries, especially in the wii remotes. Still have to change them, but I get way more mileage for the $$$
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post

Speaking of new, technical products. Does anyone have a Touch-screen monitor? Not a Laptop, but a regular size Monitor, flat-screen with Touchscreen capabilities?

Just wondering if so. What kind of prices are out there if available?
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I have had bluetooth and USB based wireless mice and I found them to be annoying and unresponsive. Not to mention the battery issue.
    I went back to wired and now I have a Logitech G500 at home and a Razer Copperhead (free swag from a sponsor yay) in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Speaking of new, technical products. Does anyone have a Touch-screen monitor? Not a Laptop, but a regular size Monitor, flat-screen with Touchscreen capabilities?

Just wondering if so. What kind of prices are out there if available?
    That's some forward thinking. It wouldn't be much use in windows 7, but for Ubuntu Linux's Unity interface or Android it would work well. Windows 8 is being built with touch screens in mind apparently so maybe when that comes out, a touch screen would be great.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I've had a wireless mouse for about six years ... use rechargeable batteries. I also print wireless and have wireless keyboard. Have never had problems.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I've had a wireless mouse for about six years ... use rechargeable batteries. I also print wireless and have wireless keyboard. Have never had problems.
    Wireless anything is not good if you are a gamer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    Wireless anything is not good if you are a gamer
    Not a gamer ... played Halo on X-Box when it first came out....too time consuming.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I've been using Apples 'magic mouse' for a few years now, combining a wireless mouse with a multi-touch screen surface = genius.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I have used the below for having a keyboard in bed and using a big screen TV as a monitor:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...8082&CatId=537

Just for laughs, I tried typing out in the driveway about a hundred feet away and it worked. I never thought about the keyboard radio signal being intercepted.
    Last edited by tailfins; 09-06-2012 at 07:29 AM.