Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    This certainly explains much. The lack of evident grounding in an acceptance of what constitutes good or evil.

My last post tried to examine that, but you've skated over the issues I raised. This seems to be because you don't identify with moral absolutes sufficiently to see that my argument had substance which it was reasonable to accept.

Though you may not understand, I've just covered this.

But I assume no such thing, because it isn't reasonable to. To suppose you could possibly be correct is to suppose that evil can come from 'divine' inspiration.

How can evil be 'divine' ?

Still .. am I wasting my time in asking you ? Your atheism may make you unable to grasp the absurdity involved.
    ^^^^ I have many long discussions with atheists in my time. Your comment bolded above sums it up quite nicely, for regardless of how intelligent they are(and many were) it always comes down to the truth of that comment!-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Now that we are back ontrack....
    Big D, you have much experience with the Islamic scourge that is destroying Britain and with that in mind what should be our first step in stopping that destruction here without destroying our free speech and freedom of religion insured by our CONSTITUTION? Could it be passing limited laws or must it be education, passing laws , reteaching patriotism and active aggressive policing of the extremists here? I had intended to ask you this question yesterday but got side tracked.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This certainly explains much. The lack of evident grounding in an acceptance of what constitutes good or evil.

My last post tried to examine that, but you've skated over the issues I raised. This seems to be because you don't identify with moral absolutes sufficiently to see that my argument had substance which it was reasonable to accept.

Though you may not understand, I've just covered this.

But I assume no such thing, because it isn't reasonable to. To suppose you could possibly be correct is to suppose that evil can come from 'divine' inspiration.

How can evil be 'divine' ?

Still .. am I wasting my time in asking you ? Your atheism may make you unable to grasp the absurdity involved.
    Can a mandate from your deity be evil?
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Now that we are back ontrack....
    Big D, you have much experience with the Islamic scourge that is destroying Britain and with that in mind what should be our first step in stopping that destruction here without destroying our free speech and freedom of religion insured by our CONSTITUTION? Could it be passing limited laws or must it be education, passing laws , reteaching patriotism and active aggressive policing of the extremists here? I had intended to ask you this question yesterday but got side tracked.
    In my view, your first order of business MUST be to get Obama and his cronies booted out of Office, and for a Government to take its place which is prepared to dismantle the programs of so-called 'reform' he's made some progress with. Allied to that, in my view, is the first and pivotal step necessary .. one of showing the ordinary American citizen what beliefs and values America was founded to uphold.

These all go hand-in-hand, because (a) without the wreckers neutralised, (b) without the misdirection corrected, and (c) without renewed and redoubled efforts to educate America in the values it's in danger of losing, whatever progress you may make won't have the stability of faith in them which you need to make them last.

I suggest that a part of the re-education process should include critical examinations of countries such as my own. So that you can see for yourselves where losing your identity can lead. Seeing the processes whereby a country can lose itself to alien and pernicious, invasive beliefs should surely prove that equivalence in these areas is a destructive path, to be avoided.

Very tight controls on immigration is also a 'must', with absolutely every would-be immigrant required to convince officials of his or her reverence for your foundling ideals. Fail to have this in place is an invitation to invite all sorts of 'crazies' to operate within your borders. Part of the UK's problem has been the Left's insistence on making our borders porous. This has led to a deluge of immigrants not only moving in but creating whole communities alien to British values and culture.

On the basis that your extremists are by definition 'anti-American', certainly aggressive policing is called for - and with an emphasis placed on deportation of the 'undesirables'. WHY should you tolerate those intent on acting as your adversaries ?

Your Constitution enshrines freedoms within your country. However, freedom isn't there as a means to harm you, and since with freedom comes responsibility, then the responsibility to ensure that nobody uses it for that harm HAS to both exist and be acted upon. This, depending upon the severity of the problem, may need some aggressive policing of its own.

I am not calling for a 'police State' as such. What I do suggest is a reawakening of core American values which lead to an intolerance of those meaning those values harm. Identification of the nature of your country's adversaries is vital, keeping them in permanent check, ditto.

You see, in the UK, we had Lefties who'd defer to anybody, and who argued that to show intolerance was 'bigoted', 'racist', antisocial. The reality was that immigrants from foreign cultures, with their foreign religions, flooded our territory, set up communities entirely their own, created pressure groups, built their mosques, and just demanded concession after concession, all of this eroding the values and identity of our nation. Islamists in particular have no interest in integration, and though our Lefties believed they would, all they REALLY got for their efforts of 'understanding' was a 'bend to us' message.

Now, America, under the leadership of its own version of the Left, can travel our path .. and lose itself. Or, it can shake itself, wake up, regenerate an awareness of what it should REALLY stand for, and unite in its patriotic identity. It's possible to tolerate other religions without SURRENDERING to them.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    Can a mandate from your deity be evil?
    Not only is the answer 'no', but it is PROVABLY 'no'.

Christianity does not offer evil mandates.

But this is not true of Islam. We have seen as much, of course. This is a great deal of why its incursions into American life must be resisted, fought against to stop that evil.

But then ... you should already have learned all that. If you haven't ... then I see no point in debating with you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Any group, or so-called religion that incites, or suggests a mandate the includes violence, or murder IS NOT A RELIGION.

It is nothing but a front, or as some like to call it...a CULT, designed to distort, and destroy humanity by using constantly repeated falsehoods described, and brainwashed into the lesser intelligent minds who are unable to determine the differences between right, wrong, and human common sense.

Anyone who believes the so-called Mandates...no matter what book, or religious belief claims to use violence, or murder as their guide in life. Is nothing less than the sickest, hate filled, enemies who bring death to those who dare not to disagree out of fear.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

In my view, your first order of business MUST be to get Obama and his cronies booted out of Office, and for a Government to take its place which is prepared to dismantle the programs of so-called 'reform' he's made some progress with. Allied to that, in my view, is the first and pivotal step necessary .. one of showing the ordinary American citizen what beliefs and values America was founded to uphold.

These all go hand-in-hand, because (a) without the wreckers neutralised, (b) without the misdirection corrected, and (c) without renewed and redoubled efforts to educate America in the values it's in danger of losing, whatever progress you may make won't have the stability of faith in them which you need to make them last.

I suggest that a part of the re-education process should include critical examinations of countries such as my own. So that you can see for yourselves where losing your identity can lead. Seeing the processes whereby a country can lose itself to alien and pernicious, invasive beliefs should surely prove that equivalence in these areas is a destructive path, to be avoided.

Very tight controls on immigration is also a 'must', with absolutely every would-be immigrant required to convince officials of his or her reverence for your foundling ideals. Fail to have this in place is an invitation to invite all sorts of 'crazies' to operate within your borders. Part of the UK's problem has been the Left's insistence on making our borders porous. This has led to a deluge of immigrants not only moving in but creating whole communities alien to British values and culture.

On the basis that your extremists are by definition 'anti-American', certainly aggressive policing is called for - and with an emphasis placed on deportation of the 'undesirables'. WHY should you tolerate those intent on acting as your adversaries ?

Your Constitution enshrines freedoms within your country. However, freedom isn't there as a means to harm you, and since with freedom comes responsibility, then the responsibility to ensure that nobody uses it for that harm HAS to both exist and be acted upon. This, depending upon the severity of the problem, may need some aggressive policing of its own.

I am not calling for a 'police State' as such. What I do suggest is a reawakening of core American values which lead to an intolerance of those meaning those values harm. Identification of the nature of your country's adversaries is vital, keeping them in permanent check, ditto.

You see, in the UK, we had Lefties who'd defer to anybody, and who argued that to show intolerance was 'bigoted', 'racist', antisocial. The reality was that immigrants from foreign cultures, with their foreign religions, flooded our territory, set up communities entirely their own, created pressure groups, built their mosques, and just demanded concession after concession, all of this eroding the values and identity of our nation. Islamists in particular have no interest in integration, and though our Lefties believed they would, all they REALLY got for their efforts of 'understanding' was a 'bend to us' message.

Now, America, under the leadership of its own version of the Left, can travel our path .. and lose itself. Or, it can shake itself, wake up, regenerate an awareness of what it should REALLY stand for, and unite in its patriotic identity. It's possible to tolerate other religions without SURRENDERING to them.
    Bravo.. Nicely done and complete with NO CALL for a round up I see!
    Thats the trick, doing so without creating a Police State. We see how far the politicians have merrily went towards that already and how quickly those charged with the protecting started abusing that power.
    Correct , first dethrone that idiot in charge now. Then repeal his monster healthcare timebomb . Then take steps to heal our economy. We surely must take a intensive study of what has happened in Britain and see how the muslim /leftist alliance there has been able to so quickly reduce that great nation to it's current state weakness and apathy. Then using that quickly gained knowledge start to address the muslim problem in our own country. The fools will as usual scream, what problem(?) but let them scream. Blind people can not be guardians of our nation and should be ignored and given exactly the respect that their ignorance warrants. For its bad enough to have to debate them without foolishly letting them shape national policy as is currently being done!--Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not only is the answer 'no', but it is PROVABLY 'no'.

Christianity does not offer evil mandates.

But this is not true of Islam. We have seen as much, of course. This is a great deal of why its incursions into American life must be resisted, fought against to stop that evil.

But then ... you should already have learned all that. If you haven't ... then I see no point in debating with you.
    You and Tyr are a pair of chips off the same block of wood. You guys were in that movie where you traveled across the country to return a briefcase, right?
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

You and Tyr are a pair of chips off the same block of wood. You guys were in that movie where you traveled across the country to return a briefcase, right?
    Yep same block of wood , we went to different schools together, had different parents together and even speak with different accents together.
    Its simply amazing I tell ya!
    If Drummonds has been in a movie he failed to mention it to me. I know that I haven been but if offered and the pays is good , Im game.- I can not do his Brit accent and he surely can not do mine(Southern). I do not mind at all being compared favorably with the man regardless of the intent from the author of such a comparison. In fact, I consider it quite an honor myself!
    Good show missile, 'ole chap...-Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I don't know that film, sorry, but otherwise .. I appreciate the flattery ! You're most kind !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Are you suggesting that American muslims take an oath of loyalty to America ?
    I think he is suggesting that they refuse to even attempt to use violence to further their religion's goal of domination here. If they are citizens thru naturalization they already took that oath, if citizens by birth they should have already learned to keep their religion's militant agenda in check...-Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think he is suggesting that they refuse to even attempt to use violence to further their religion's goal of domination here. If they are citizens thru naturalization they already took that oath, if citizens by birth they should have already learned to keep their religion's militant agenda in check...-Tyr
    I thought since they were muslims that they could not be peaceful even if they tried. All non violent ones are just faking it until the right moment.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I thought since they were muslims that they could not be peaceful even if they tried. All non violent ones are just faking it until the right moment.
    Longtime forum members get your sarcasm. Lurkers and drive-by posters might miss it. Just a thought.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Try not to strain yourself there hoss. You are already on record stating that Sharia law poses no tHreat here in USA. Which is folly heaped upon sheer idiotcy. Slow down , dont burst a blood vessel , your muslim allies need your support, ok?--Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Try not to strain yourself there hoss. You are already on record stating that Sharia law poses no tHreat here in USA. Which is folly heaped upon sheer idiotcy. Slow down , dont burst a blood vessel , your muslim allies need your support, ok?--Tyr
    no worries--you're easy now.

A nutcase will do nutty things.