Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    Source: Arness Fan Appreciation Page http://www.jamesarness.com/biogphy.htm
    Yes, I know. I was just attempting a bit of humor. Always like James Arness and the roles he played. My take is that he was a real solid guy!-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Would that include the Purple Heart of James Arness for example?
    obviously......if I walked into a pawn shop and took hold of a Purple Heart or even a Congressional Medal of Honor, would I become a hero?.....
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 09-26-2012 at 01:25 PM.
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    obviously......if I walked into a pawn shop and took hold of a Purple Heart or even a Congressional Medal of Honor, would I become a hero?.....
    Only ever one hero per Purple Heart or Congressional Medal of Honor and that is the man or woman it was first given to. The medal serves only as a reminding token of the heroic actions of the individual that receives it.
    Myself , I believe overall that the Stolen Valor Act should not have been struck down. However, the restrictions on the buying and selling of war medals should not have been a part of it IMHO. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I have any easy solution. It could be required that a Purple Heart be in a container if possessed by someone not authorized to wear it. There's no reason to restrict antique collectors.

Agreed tailfins. There is no objection, by anyone who might own one as a collector. This discussion about Purple Hearts, applies primarily to today's veterans, and members of active duty who might try to wear the award...without authorization.

The BIG PROBLEM for anyone who tries to wear the award, or claims falsely to have been awarded a PH is...a standard DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE Form known as a DD-214.

All veterans, past, and present members of our Military MUST present their DD-214, much like a Legal Military ID card in order to determine qualifications for ANY and ALL Awards, Medals, Badges, or Ribbons.
    Members of the military KNOW....when they meet someone who CLAIMS to be the recipient of ANY medal, or award..IF THEY ARE really who they claim to be.
    It's like a SIXTH sense...so to speak.
    So. Anyone who claims to have been awarded a PURPLE HEART for injuries incurred during WARTIME, (who hasn't)...is either an idiot, or just plain stupid if they THINK they can fool anyone in Uniform.
    Last edited by aboutime; 09-26-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !