Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
    I sure wish I could find as good a trap for mosquitoes with all this West Nile around. I have bought two kinds and the expensive $79 electric one did NOTHING --- we checked, and it has only caught moths all summer, and I don't have anything against moths, seems mean. We took it down. If anyone has mosquito traps that actually work, tell us?
    Absolutely the best repellant/killer I use for all flying bugs is d-limonene. It's concentrated citrus oil. Buy it in spray bottles at wal-mart, the "de-solv it" brand of "contractor's solvent." Spray this on surfaces outside, and flies, skeeters, wasps - anything that flies, stay away. Put it on your skin too.

It also is 100% non toxic to vertebrates, and works much the same way DE does - by dissolving the insects' exoskeleton wax covering on contact. It's exactly what they put in 7-up, Mtn Dew and sprite - to give those their "limon" taste and smell.

http://www.orange-sol.com/household/moreretailers.html
    Last edited by Anton Chigurh; 10-03-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    ‎'Is there anything wrong with anything.' Is that what you're asking, friendo?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    Absolutely the best repellant/killer I use for all flying bugs is d-limonene. It's concentrated citrus oil. Buy it in spray bottles at wal-mart, the "de-solv it" brand of "contractor's solvent." Spray this on surfaces outside, and flies, skeeters, wasps - anything that flies, stay away. Put it on your skin too.

It also is 100% non toxic to vertebrates, and works much the same way DE does - by dissolving the insects' exoskeleton wax covering on contact. It's exactly what they put in 7-up, Mtn Dew and sprite - to give those their "limon" taste and smell.

Whatever you do, don't use whatever they flavor dr pepper with-- bugs love that stuff. I've known two people to be stung by wasps after they flew into the can-- right in the kisser.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Whatever you do, don't use whatever they flavor dr pepper with-- bugs love that stuff. I've known two people to be stung by wasps after they flew into the can-- right in the kisser.
    Ahh Dr. Pepper - one of our greatest Texan inventions. Love the stuff.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post

All worth trying; thanx!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WiccanLiberal View Post
    Dang bugs! My animals have never had a flea problem until now. Guess some of the neighbors aren't careful about their dogs and those fleas get on Emma and Emma brings them home to the cats and so on.So today I am top spotting the cats, bathing and top spotting the dog and flea dipping the kitten who is too little to use any of the standard top spot meds. AJ is not too little to protest the cavalier treatment however. He apparently has the usual feline disdain for water as applied to the fur. Then I have to wash all their bedding. Dang little vampire bugs... grumble cuss snarl mutter......
    A can offer yu a few tips to try and solve your problem

1) Put moth balls or flakes in your vacume cleaner bag. If you bring up and fleas or their eggs, they will die. However, moth balls and flakes are fatal to dogs and cats so be careful

2) Crush some garlic and add to the dog food. When the fleas go take a bite they will hate the garlic in the blood

3) Use DAWN dishwasher liquid to bathe your dogs. The felas die fast and the liquid will not harm your dogs skin

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    1) Put moth balls or flakes in your vacume cleaner bag. If you bring up and fleas or their eggs, they will die.
    The DE I mentioned accumulates in the carpet and the vacuum cleaner bag too, I forgot to add. It's also completely non toxic.
    Last edited by Anton Chigurh; 10-04-2012 at 06:50 PM.