Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default Child malnutrition eliminated in Cuba, In U.S. nearly a quarter of children hungry

The advances of the Cuban revolution have brought real improvements to people’s lives.
    http://www.fightbacknews.org/2012/10...hildren-hungry
    Last edited by tailfins; 10-09-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    The advances of the Cuban revolution have brought real improvements to people’s lives.
    http://www.fightbacknews.org/2012/10...hildren-hungry
    If it is STILL so much better there, why do hundreds of their own citizens try to make the swim to Key West, and ultimately Miami every year?

Also, one has to wonder what the end game is for feeding other peoples' children and why are their parents not doing the job properly?

I am all for caring for the needy, but at what point are we going from helping out to perpetuating a cycle of dependency?

Part of the reason for food issues here is that your love for 'bio-fuels' has jacked up the prices of corn (as well as sugar), and high taxes have jacked up oil prices. This impacts food. Bio-fuels take valuable food sources and turns it into fuel...that is substandard, btw.

I am pretty skeptical of those programs where you 'sponsor' a child in Africa and other 3rd world countries. It is sad to see these children living like that but in feeding them and doing what their parents should be doing, are you creating a productive member of society or will this child fall into the same issue his parents did and never move past what caused them to be in that situation in the first place?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Until there is free reports between Cuba and the West, I'm more than skeptical.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenKitten99 View Post
    If it is STILL so much better there, why do hundreds of their own citizens try to make the swim to Key West, and ultimately Miami every year?

Also, one has to wonder what the end game is for feeding other peoples' children and why are their parents not doing the job properly?

I am all for caring for the needy, but at what point are we going from helping out to perpetuating a cycle of dependency?

Part of the reason for food issues here is that your love for 'bio-fuels' has jacked up the prices of corn (as well as sugar), and high taxes have jacked up oil prices. This impacts food. Bio-fuels take valuable food sources and turns it into fuel...that is substandard, btw.

I am pretty skeptical of those programs where you 'sponsor' a child in Africa and other 3rd world countries. It is sad to see these children living like that but in feeding them and doing what their parents should be doing, are you creating a productive member of society or will this child fall into the same issue his parents did and never move past what caused them to be in that situation in the first place?
    I wanted to copy word for word something sent to me via e mail. (could not since it is a jpg file)

Anyway, the gist is that under Obama there are discussions vis a vis that we have so many people getting food stamps.

The same agency says do not feed wild animals because humans will make them dependent on being fed.

Amazing that it is the same agency that deals with both things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For the past 4 years the Obama White House has been telling us the biggest problem was childhood obesity. If this article is to believed, that was a lie.

But seriously, this perspective does all fit in with Obama's broader demented vision of the country. Some kids are fat and have too much to eat, some kids don't have enough to eat. So like he told Joe the Plumber, we "just have to spread it around a bit."
    Mama Jeffro: Jeeeeh-froooo! What's going on down there? What's that smell?
    Jeffro: Nothing ma! Me and Lorenzo are practicing our Turkish oil wrestling.