Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    I know, most of you didn't even know I was gone. I spent the last 11 days touring Southern Europe (Italy, Greece, and Turkey). It was nice but am sure glad to be back in the US.
    Welcome back. Proves "There's really...no place like home."

Are ya gonna watch the JOE and PAUL show tonight?

It might be a Classic.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    I know, most of you didn't even know I was gone. I spent the last 11 days touring Southern Europe (Italy, Greece, and Turkey). It was nice but am sure glad to be back in the US.
    I saw a few guests reading this thread from who's online, really just bots, but got me to open it.

Man, what I wouldn't give if CSM was just on assignment in various countries and would just come back. Miss him and Gaffer on here.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

3. Thanks icansayit, Kathianne, Mr. P, fj1200, darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Smile

I sure miss CSM , Merlin, Elessar and Gaffer.

Makes a guy think about his legacy. My kids are all self-sufficient and on their own now, making mistakes and making correct decisions like all of us did in our 20s.

Many times I have to remind myself to keep my motormouth shut, as all of us need to learn our own lessons on this earth - and giving opinions on many matters is usually unwelcome even if it is right.

I suppose in a couple of years I'll have that black ribbon up top, too. But I've had a really great run, I can't complain. I have 3 biological kids, 2 stepdaughters and 6 grandbabies.

But other than Gaffer & CSM, I'd really like to be able to sit down with my Grandpa and Dad and my Uncle Mike to hear what they have to say about current circumstances and events.

I know that every one of them would be appalled at whats happened and the lawlessness and the mindless liberal ignorance that has gripped the nation.

I can't imagine what my Okinawa Veteran Grandfather would say about thousands of communist liberals attacking cities and cops, but I'd sure love to hear it.

Anyway, RIP Gaffer, CSM, Merlin and Eleazar.

I'm honored to have known you, even online.
    Last edited by NightTrain; 04-05-2021 at 06:15 PM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

5. Thanks icansayit, Abbey Marie, jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, jimnyc, Kathianne, Russ, darin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I sure miss CSM , Merlin, Elessar and Gaffer.

Makes a guy think about his legacy. My kids are all self-sufficient and on their own now, making mistakes and making correct decisions like all of us did in our 20s.
    Self sufficient and on their own - means you done right! That's what parenting is a lot about, preparing our children for their own adult lives.

Many times I have to remind myself to keep my motormouth shut, as all of us need to learn our own lessons on this earth - and giving opinions on many matters is usually unwelcome even if it is right.

I suppose in a couple of years I'll have that black ribbon up top, too. But I've had a really great run, I can't complain. I have 3 biological kids, 2 stepdaughters and 6 grandbabies.
    Well, we aren't too far off in age, and you're in MUCH better shape than me - so I think it'll be you putting mine up there someday, and then passing the keys to someone else for yourself. Reminds me, gotta give you all the master info when I see you so that you have it in emergencies. A lot of info about the backend, and FTP access and all that jazz. Probably best for my accounts elsewhere too, for receiving support should the site go down or whatever.

But other than Gaffer & CSM, I'd really like to be able to sit down with my Grandpa and Dad and my Uncle Mike to hear what they have to say about current circumstances and events.

I know that every one of them would be appalled at whats happened and the lawlessness and the mindless liberal ignorance that has gripped the nation.
    Yeah, a trip to have met all those we honor would have been sweet. Who would have known who's number was up and when. Would have been nice though, listening to all their stories over a morning java! They had some great stories but I think they tempered themselves... would have got the good stories out of them with some hot damn!

I wish I could have my Mom back. Just my regular discussions I miss the most. And I went to her for so so much information. She was one bright woman at times, and also hilarious at times. I had a very good relationship with my Mom and like so many others wish I could just see her for one more day. But I guess with the people we love, we all feel that at times.

I can't imagine what my Okinawa Veteran Grandfather would say about thousands of communist liberals attacking cities and cops, but I'd sure love to hear it.

Anyway, RIP Gaffer, CSM, Merlin and Eleazar.

I'm honored to have known you, even online.
    I think great friends CAN be formed online. And then cemented if and when folks should ever meet. I freely admit, I have quite a few folks here I consider my friend and am glad I had the opportunity to make friends & also just have so many great conversations and discussions with folks here.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I truly love some of you fuckers.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Almost gave me heart attack when I saw thread title ... and really enjoyed reading again. Really miss him. Took screen shot of this post because both CSM and Gaffer interaction .. made me cry.

Screenshot_20210407-160929_Chrome.jpg
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

9. Thanks darin, icansayit, Abbey Marie, jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes darin, icansayit, jimnyc liked this post