Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Requirements to be a Christian

This had me wondering yesterday, as some seem to think there are very strict requirements to be a Christian and gain entry into heaven. I think this picture tells the story best.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Kinda hammers home much of what i find off putting about religions, making people think they are weak, wicked, and sick.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Kinda hammers home much of what i find off putting about religions, making people think they are weak, wicked, and sick.
    That's retarded, knowing that I have admitted my faults to God and have sought forgiveness, and have allowed Christ to be my guide, makes me think I am stronger, way less wicked and healthier. How you can read about someone admitting their faults in this world and following the path of Christ, as somehow making them weak and sick, is way beyond me. Quite frankly, I would see those who refuse to acknowledge sin, refuse to acknowledge God, refuse to see that they are not perfect, refuse to acknowledge Christ as our savior - those are the people I pity and see as weak.

Absolutely amazing how you can look at someone else's religion and then tell those people that they should feel weak, wicked and sick. Maybe it would be wiser to simply not follow another persons religion if you disagree instead of continually finding new and newer ways to insult? Someone that can't find a way to let others live their lives without popping their nose in to tell them they are "wrong" in some sense seems more the definition of weak, wicked and sick to me.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Quite frankly, I would see those who refuse to acknowledge sin, refuse to acknowledge God, refuse to see that they are not perfect, refuse to acknowledge Christ as our savior - those are the people I pity and see as weak.
    This is my point.
    People who are religious are made to feel that humans are weak, sick etc, and only through god can be strong, healthy etc.

The above part I quoted shows this perfectly. If you see me as weak because i don't believe in a god, that is because of the impression you have of humans by the belief in god that you have.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

What's your neck size Noir, like a 13?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

This is my point.
    People who are religious are made to feel that humans are weak, sick etc, and only through god can be strong, healthy etc.

The above part I quoted shows this perfectly. If you see me as weak because i don't believe in a god, that is because of the impression you have of humans by the belief in god that you have.
    No one is made to feel any way at all. That's not the Bible you are reading but one person's excellent description of how they define a Christian. All humans have weaknesses, ALL of us. Some of us aren't afraid to admit it is all. This is US admitting our faults and sins and allowing our faith to make us stronger. You see it as a bad thing as you have nothing to make you stronger, you are empty inside and are convinced when life ends you spend eternity in blackness in the dirt. That's your choice, I'm sure not trying to convince you otherwise.

And we sure can be strong and healthy via good eating and working out, no one said anything different, other than you making things up. Hell, no offense, but I'd say living your life the way you do has left you weaker and less healthy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    What's your neck size Noir, like a 13?

Noir put weight on? Started eating meat like normal people?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

No one is made to feel any way at all.
    Its a shame you missed the talks the priests gave at our school, telling us that we were ill, but Jesus was the greatest doctor who ever lived etc etc.

]you are empty inside
    There's some more of that condescending talk, so i'm weak, empty inside, and worthy of pity, anything else? ^,^
    Last edited by Noir; 10-11-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Its a shame you missed the talks the priests gave at our school, telling us that we were ill, but Jesus was the greatest doctor who ever lived etc etc.

There's some more of that condescending talk, so i'm weak, empty inside, and worthy of pity, anything else? ^,^
    You say our religion does a certain thing, insulting what I posted and my faith, but "I" am the condescending one?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

You say our religion does a certain thing, insulting what I posted and my faith, but "I" am the condescending one?
    I'm just repeating what religious people say, they say that people are weak, ill, sick, in need of god etc.

If someone says "I'm weak, i need god" and i say "You're weak" they can hardly have a go at me for repeating what they said.

And ofcourse what happens is (like you did) people say 'i was empty without god, and you are without god, therefore you are empty'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

There's no somehow about it:

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
    Mark 16:16
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    It doesn't say might or could be saved but SHALL be saved.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I'm just repeating what religious people say, they say that people are weak, ill, sick, in need of god etc.

If someone says "I'm weak, i need god" and i say "You're weak" they can hardly have a go at me for repeating what they said.

And ofcourse what happens is (like you did) people say 'i was empty without god, and you are without god, therefore you are empty'
    Look around you, Noir. People ARE weak, ill, sick, etc. Wars, terrorism, drug-addiction, alcoholism, rape, murder, greed, envy, lust, cruelty to animals, etc. These are sicknesses of the heart and the soul. I suspect you can see it all too well.
    Your obsession with Christianity belies your alleged indifference.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Look around you, Noir. People ARE weak, ill, sick, etc. Wars, terrorism, drug-addiction, alcoholism, rape, murder, greed, envy, lust, cruelty to animals, etc. These are sicknesses of the heart and the soul. I suspect you can see it all too well.
    Your obsession with Christianity belies your alleged indifference.
    And what about your average, non-raping, non-alcholholic, non-murdering human. Are they sick too?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Noir put weight on? Started eating meat like normal people?
    LOL So he's a veeeee gun as well as a libtard and an atheistard?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

And what about your average, non-raping, non-alcholholic, non-murdering human. Are they sick too?

Romans 3:23

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;