Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Default If you find it in your heart

Please say a prayer for us. The hurricane is on a pretty direct path to our house, and we live right below woods with lots of very big trees.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Please say a prayer for us. The hurricane is on a pretty direct path to our house, and we live right below woods with lots of very big trees.
    I hope you took adequate precautionary measures? If you have a basement , go there and have it stocked with food , water ,blankets and medical kit just in case...-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am in the same boat with you Abbey. The latest forecast is calling for about 5 to 7 inches of rain, and about 36 hours of 40 MPH winds here

I have stocked up on water, and food that does not need to be heated

I will park my car on the other side of the house away from a huge tree. However if it goes it will end up in my iiving room

Monday night and Tuesday are to be the worst days, and I hope you and family make it OK

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    I hope you took adequate precautionary measures? If you have a basement , go there and have it stocked with food , water ,blankets and medical kit just in case...-Tyr
    We've done what we can (water, flashlights, batteries, radio, canned food, PB&J, etc.,) but there is unfortunately no way to move the house or the trees. I just wish they weren't so massive and so right above us.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    I am in the same boat with you Abbey. The latest forecast is calling for about 5 to 7 inches of rain, and about 36 hours of 40 MPH winds here

I have stocked up on water, and food that does not need to be heated

I will park my car on the other side of the house away from a huge tree. However if it goes it will end up in my iiving room

Monday night and Tuesday are to be the worst days, and I hope you and family make it OK
    Yeah, T, I think we are really in for it this time. Remember how we just didn't have weather emergencies in the Delaware Valley, other than the occasional snow storm?

I forgot to also mention that parts of our first floor can flood when the rain is heavy and sustained. We have no basement. I need Valium! Since I don't have that, we bought lots of wine.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Abbey. You can depend on it. Meanwhile. We are also closer to the beach, and the rising tides, backed by heavier winds in the path of Patty as well.

We are going to get a huge amount of rain, and the heavier winds are on the RIGHT....Eastern side of the storm, that are expected to diminish slightly, once landfall takes place in Delaware/Maryland, and Chessy Bay.

I do believe. Our biggest threats...other than flooding of low lying area's will be the loss of Electricity IF...the storm stays as strong, and that Winter Front with SNOW combines to create that Perfect Nor-Easter they are talking about.

It may soon be too late to prepare. Stocking up should have been done by now. If not. DO IT.

Those tree's should Hold up if they are Pines. Normally pine has very deeper, stronger root systems that go deep in clay, and sand.

Generally. Pines break off, but rarely fall like Maple, Oak, and other strong hard woods.

The Prayers are here. Stay strong, and positive. That's how Life works for all of us.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Abbey. You can depend on it. Meanwhile. We are also closer to the beach, and the rising tides, backed by heavier winds in the path of Patty as well.

We are going to get a huge amount of rain, and the heavier winds are on the RIGHT....Eastern side of the storm, that are expected to diminish slightly, once landfall takes place in Delaware/Maryland, and Chessy Bay.

I do believe. Our biggest threats...other than flooding of low lying area's will be the loss of Electricity IF...the storm stays as strong, and that Winter Front with SNOW combines to create that Perfect Nor-Easter they are talking about.

It may soon be too late to prepare. Stocking up should have been done by now. If not. DO IT.

Those tree's should Hold up if they are Pines. Normally pine has very deeper, stronger root systems that go deep in clay, and sand.

Generally. Pines break off, but rarely fall like Maple, Oak, and other strong hard woods.

The Prayers are here. Stay strong, and positive. That's how Life works for all of us.
    Thank you! I will pray for you, too.

No pines. All oaks and such. Mighty oaks.

-Abbey

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pray this

My prayer is that you get in your car and drive in the other direction from the hurricane.

Nothing you do can stop the storm but your good sense can be that you bail out.

I pray you are safe.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Thank you! I will pray for you, too.

No pines. All oaks and such. Mighty oaks.

Oaks are strong. I just realized you are North of me here in Virginia, at the Beach.

Oaks are called MIGHTY for a reason. And since you live in the North, or farther North than where we have SAND, and shallow Clay. I do think...unless you have lightning storms with high winds. Those tree's you are looking at...HAVE BEEN THERE A LONG, LONG TIME.

Stay safe. Stay positive...forget the VALIUM. You need to be awake, and sharp...not OBLIVIOUS, or DRUNK.

God Bless.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yeah, T, I think we are really in for it this time. Remember how we just didn't have weather emergencies in the Delaware Valley, other than the occasional snow storm?

I forgot to also mention that parts of our first floor can flood when the rain is heavy and sustained. We have no basement. I need Valium! Since I don't have that, we bought lots of wine.
    Abbey, as always you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers

I have renters and flood ins and everything I have can be replaced. My only concern if for my cats

The forcast does not llok all that bad right now, and I hope the storm is not that bad for you Abbey

Mon Oct 29

49°
    42°
    Heavy Rain / Wind

<dl><dt>Chance of rain:</dt><dd>100%</dd></dl><dl><dt>Wind:</dt><dd> N at 32 mph </dd></dl>Details

Tue Oct 30

44°
    42°
    Rain / Wind
    Tropical storm conditions likely

<dl><dt>Chance of rain:</dt><dd>80%</dd></dl><dl><dt>Wind:</dt><dd> WNW at 25 mph </dd></dl>Details

Wed Oct 31

47°
    42°
    Few Showers / Wind

<dl><dt>Chance of rain:</dt><dd>30%</dd></dl><dl><dt>Wind:</dt><dd> W at 22 mph </dd></dl>Details

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I Blame Bush!!
    Always causing hurricanes that Bush Is!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I hope we can avoid making this thread political/divisive.

-Abbey

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Abbey

If your max winds are no more than 40 mph, you should do fine. Can you get somebody up in those trees to study the branches to see if a weaker one might be cut off now and gently lowered to the ground?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    Abbey

If your max winds are no more than 40 mph, you should do fine. Can you get somebody up in those trees to study the branches to see if a weaker one might be cut off now and gently lowered to the ground?
    I don't think so. There are so many trees. And the last time my husband cut off a limb, it bounced up and gave him a concussion. But thanks for the excellent suggestion.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think so. There are so many trees. And the last time my husband cut off a limb, it bounced up and gave him a concussion. But thanks for the excellent suggestion.
    What is in your favor is that Oak trees are a hardwood. Unless one happens to be rotted and about to fall, those low speed winds ought not to damage any branches. 40 mph winds may not be fun but at least they are not in the 80 -100 scope and at those ultra speeds, bad things happen.