Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Look at all the previous posts

If any of you, who were impacted by the storm, will go back to the first post in this topic, study my replies ... surely you will notice my compassion for all of you.

I posted what I hoped to be sound sdvice to save you from harm.
    I stated I hoped you were safe and would remain safe and that I prayed for you.

Now, I don't plan to waste time over the attacks made on me, but please, go back and review all my kindness on display.

Soembody said there was no need to turn this ugly.

I agree. I wish it had not happened on this thread.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    T, you didn't move to NY, did you?
    No Abbey. I simply did all I could do to make sure I am ready for a loss of power. But the power stayed on and I will NEVER bitch about my light bill again

I am verry happy you, Jim, and everyone else who get hit with the storm are OK

The power of prayer should not be underestimated

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    drove 10 miles to steal someones internet signal. power popped on about 5pm and died again 10 minutes later, they say it may be later tonight, up till 7-10 daya before we get power. House is inundated with crap and I'm bored senseless with no power. Entire town looks like a major war zone. Very depressing. I grew up going to Jersey Shore, mostly Seaside Heights. I hear the boardwalk went out to shore and all is gone. This royally sucks. Can barely make cell calls either as they keep dropping or phone switches to emergency calls only.

Battery dying on laptop and can't charge. I did see some well wishes and thanks to one and all. Will pop back on if I can find a way to charge or get back on, cell won't let me anymore.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!
    Welcome to the 3rd world

Seriously though, hang in there. Thank God the storm wasn't more serious and all you have to deal with is some inconvenience.
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    Welcome to the 3rd world

Seriously though, hang in there. Thank God the storm wasn't more serious and all you have to deal with is some inconvenience.
    Without a doubt, as horrible as it was, if it were a category 4 like we've seen in other parts of the US, I could only imagine what it would have done to this area.

We have power back, and a house, and we're all safe and sound - which is the MAIN thing, which unfortunately not everyone can say after this storm. But the Northeast is resilient! While it sucks to be without power, you can go far without seeing workers cutting trees, verizon pulling new lines, con-ed working on a transformer, people sweeping - people helping their neighbors, tractor trailers full of food - just everyone pitching in and helping one another. I'm not a real sociable person, but it's hard not to be when you end up at one of the only places around with power, and people are telling stories and offering help to one another.

NY sucks a lot, but when things get bad, the people drop all their harsh feelings and work together for some reason. Things will be rebuilt and almost everyone will get through this and move on, and then we can all fight again and hate one another! LOL
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Without a doubt, as horrible as it was, if it were a category 4 like we've seen in other parts of the US, I could only imagine what it would have done to this area.

We have power back, and a house, and we're all safe and sound - which is the MAIN thing, which unfortunately not everyone can say after this storm. But the Northeast is resilient! While it sucks to be without power, you can go far without seeing workers cutting trees, verizon pulling new lines, con-ed working on a transformer, people sweeping - people helping their neighbors, tractor trailers full of food - just everyone pitching in and helping one another. I'm not a real sociable person, but it's hard not to be when you end up at one of the only places around with power, and people are telling stories and offering help to one another.

NY sucks a lot, but when things get bad, the people drop all their harsh feelings and work together for some reason. Things will be rebuilt and almost everyone will get through this and move on, and then we can all fight again and hate one another! LOL
    Much easier to fight for a subway seat when you aren't weakened from hunger!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Much easier to fight for a subway seat when you aren't weakened from hunger!
    Hell, there probably won't be subways until next week! LOL

A lot of it is still under water, but they have a massive amount of crews pumping them clean. The MTA buses resumed and are free as of last night and today. The Metro North, the railroad from my area into the city, is back up but on a VERY limited schedule. Schools throughout the 5 boros are closed till next week, as are the schools here in Westchester. The Brooklyn Battery tunnel, Holland Tunnel and others are closed, but the GWB, Verazanno & Tappan Zee opened back up today. You should see the traffic building up now that things are slowly opening back up - you couldn't pay me enough to go into the City!!

But the A & P near me is open for business, so I have groceries, and I see that the local pizzeria is open as well. That'll hold us for a bit.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

What I have learned from watching umpteen hours of storm coverage, is that the worst places to be during a Hurricane are directly on a barrier island right near where it is making landfall (duh), and near the northern quadrant, where the winds and rain seem to be the most fierce.

-Abbey

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I Chalk some of what you say in PM and on the boards to being in NY City

As you can testify, I have been very kind to all of you that endured that terrible storm.

I chalk up sone of your replies to me in PM and on the boards to you living in that city.

I have run into the rudest people on planet earth in that city. Not saying you are that rude though.

I keep recalling that my last wife came from Long Island.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hell, there probably won't be subways until next week! LOL

A lot of it is still under water, but they have a massive amount of crews pumping them clean. The MTA buses resumed and are free as of last night and today. The Metro North, the railroad from my area into the city, is back up but on a VERY limited schedule. Schools throughout the 5 boros are closed till next week, as are the schools here in Westchester. The Brooklyn Battery tunnel, Holland Tunnel and others are closed, but the GWB, Verazanno & Tappan Zee opened back up today. You should see the traffic building up now that things are slowly opening back up - you couldn't pay me enough to go into the City!!

But the A & P near me is open for business, so I have groceries, and I see that the local pizzeria is open as well. That'll hold us for a bit.
    Keep trying to smile. Thanks again for the local report. I have driven through the Holland Tunnel and trying to imagine it full of water, well ... terrible. Last time I was in NJ, I stayed in a motel very near the Holland Tunnel.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    As you can testify, I have been very kind to all of you that endured that terrible storm.

I chalk up sone of your replies to me in PM and on the boards to you living in that city.

I have run into the rudest people on planet earth in that city. Not saying you are that rude though.

I keep recalling that my last wife came from Long Island.
    I've been VERY tolerant with you and have given you PLENTY of room to air your grievances. But PM's are private, and the bitching outside of the thread subject has went on here long enough. Go participate in other threads, you're history from this one too, as it appears it will be the ONLY way we can discuss the subject without you continually tossing in your snide remarks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

At his polite request, I have placed Robert back in this thread. I'm hoping we can all move forward, keeping the discussion civil, and about the storm and after effects. There is no need for anymore animosity.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At his polite request, I have placed Robert back in this thread. I'm hoping we can all move forward, keeping the discussion civil, and about the storm and after effects. There is no need for anymore animosity.
    Thank you Jim. I appreciate this more than you know.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Jesus, yeah I hate to say it, but a Cat 4... there wouldn't be a NYC anymore. The windshear itself would collapse the tallest buildings, which simply are not set up to withstand those sorts of forces, and that's before the water hits. Keep in mind that New Orleans was actually prepared to receive hurricanes, just not the size that they got nailed with. A smaller hurricane, and the countermeasures would have held. NYC does not have such precautions, because it's not something they've yet had to really deal with.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Anyone else see Cuomo talking to a reporter right after the storm, saying it was caused by global warming?

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Anyone else see Cuomo talking to a reporter right after the storm, saying it was caused by global warming?

Abbey. Not surprising. Cuomo probably has BIG BUCKS invested in the AL GORE Carbon Footprint Patrol.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !