Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    Yes I agree that Iran's system of law is flawed. Shia'ism is a terrible religion.

Next Question.
    I didn't realize Shariah law was only in Iran? Seemed like his legit comment, which is VERY true to my understanding, was about Shariah in general, which basically is used as a tool to discriminate against women. About 90+% of stories that I hear about people being "punished" based on Sharia Law turns out to be women. Not to say it never happens to men, but men are certainly favored.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes I agree that Iran's system of law is flawed. Shia'ism is a terrible religion.

Next Question.
    My next question is the one you failed to answer...

When was the last time anyone saw a story about a Sharia Law case where they mentioned the punishment of the man or men involved in a murder or rape???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BTW, just so everyone knows where I am coming from, as I am a 'newbie' here... My issue is with Sharia law, not Islam. I know a fair amount about Islam as it is meant to be practiced, and find quite a lot of good in it. Contrarily, I find quite a lot bad in Sharia.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    BTW, just so everyone knows where I am coming from, as I am a 'newbie' here... My issue is with Sharia law, not Islam. I know a fair amount about Islam as it is meant to be practiced, and find quite a lot of good in it. Contrarily, I find quite a lot bad in Sharia.

Marcus. Go right ahead and speak your mind. I do believe. It's a safe bet. Everyone will accept all that you have to offer here.

Our biggest complaints are. Those who constantly use hyperbole, fabrications, and downright Lies to express themselves here.

Usually those things come from members who are convinced. Only they are capable of producing the information, they insist is true. And they are under the impression that the rest of us are so terribly uneducated...compared to them. That we MUST be wrong. Without any doubt.

Honesty, and Truth cannot be changed. Like Mark Twain said...marktwaingood.jpg
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Marcus. Go right ahead and speak your mind. I do believe. It's a safe bet. Everyone will accept all that you have to offer here.

Our biggest complaints are. Those who constantly use hyperbole, fabrications, and downright Lies to express themselves here.

Usually those things come from members who are convinced. Only they are capable of producing the information, they insist is true. And they are under the impression that the rest of us are so terribly uneducated...compared to them. That we MUST be wrong. Without any doubt.

Honesty, and Truth cannot be changed. Like Mark Twain said...marktwaingood.jpg
    Oh, I am completely used to dealing with those kind of posters from my old board. They are generally easy enough to handle, although they tend not to actually be smart enough to 'know' they've been handled

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    Sharia law is as much a part of Islam as is Jihad. Both are curses upon mankind but will never be seperated from the religious/political/militant cult.-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Sharia law is as much a part of Islam as is Jihad. Both are curses upon mankind but will never be seperated from the religious/political/militant cult.-Tyr
    Are you playing Nostradamus again ? History shows us that violent and oppressive religions can reform.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Likewise, are Muslims the only villains? The previous government in Egypt was to blame for much of the strife. Some members of the interior ministry are up on charges of terrorism for bombing the Church in Alex and blaming it on the Salafis because Mubarak was afraid of "Islamists". I was enough to have a beard back then to be harassed by the police.
    Now, why would Mubarak be afraid of Islamists ? Aren't Islamists warm, cuddly types committed to their 'religion of peace' ?

Maybe he understood that Muslims were capable of .. I quote .. 'In Marsa Matrouh, a mob of 3,000 Muslims attacked the city's Coptic population, with 400 Copts having to barricade themselves in their church while the mob destroyed 18 homes, 23 shops and 16 cars.'

Not just one or two, there, Jafar - THREE THOUSAND OF THEM ...

My link showed you that the Copts had taken considerable persecution over a long period .. but, sure enough, you glossed over all of that. You persist in slanting things to try and fail to recognise that Muslims can be, and HAVE BEEN, the instigators of violence and much worse besides.

Jafar, if you're so against violent Muslims and consider them an aberration in Islamic terms, why do you not choose to speak out against that ? Why try to sanitise the truth instead, or brush it all under the carpet, in the hope that nobody will take you up on it ?
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Now, why would Mubarak be afraid of Islamists ? Aren't Islamists warm, cuddly types committed to their 'religion of peace' ?

Maybe he understood that Muslims were capable of .. I quote .. 'In Marsa Matrouh, a mob of 3,000 Muslims attacked the city's Coptic population, with 400 Copts having to barricade themselves in their church while the mob destroyed 18 homes, 23 shops and 16 cars.'

Not just one or two, there, Jafar - THREE THOUSAND OF THEM ...

My link showed you that the Copts had taken considerable persecution over a long period .. but, sure enough, you glossed over all of that. You persist in slanting things to try and fail to recognise that Muslims can be, and HAVE BEEN, the instigators of violence and much worse besides.

Jafar, if you're so against violent Muslims and consider them an aberration in Islamic terms, why do you not choose to speak out against that ? Why try to sanitise the truth instead, or brush it all under the carpet, in the hope that nobody will take you up on it ?
    I think there are quite enough bigots who choose to only condemn Islam instead of talk about it's good points. I think we can handle someone defending the religion without being compelled to present a "balanced" report.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    I think there are quite enough bigots who choose to only condemn Islam instead of talk about it's good points. I think we can handle someone defending the religion without being compelled to present a "balanced" report.
    .... umm ... you're against balanced reports, Dilloduck ?

Imagine you're a reporter in New York City, trying to interview a survivor of the 9/11 attack there .. and the person you were interviewing had just learned that Al Qaeda had been identified as being behind the attack. You say to the interviewee .. 'I think there are quite enough bigots who choose to only condemn Islam instead of talk about it's good points.'

What do you think would've been the response, Dilloduck ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

.... umm ... you're against balanced reports, Dilloduck ?

Imagine you're a reporter in New York City, trying to interview a survivor of the 9/11 attack there .. and the person you were interviewing had just learned that Al Qaeda had been identified as being behind the attack. You say to the interviewee .. 'I think there are quite enough bigots who choose to only condemn Islam instead of talk about it's good points.'

What do you think would've been the response, Dilloduck ?
    This isn't 9/11 and we aren't interviewing anyone. It's a political discussion forum. There are no requiremnets for someone to present every side of a story to participate. The bigots certainly don't and I don't expect them too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

This isn't 9/11 and we aren't interviewing anyone. It's a political discussion forum. There are no requiremnets for someone to present every side of a story to participate. The bigots certainly don't and I don't expect them too.
    True, this is a political discussion forum (for the most part ... although it also has a 'religion/ethics' section, too ..).

But can you show me evidence that discussion of 9/11 is banned on this forum ? Or, more peripheral issues connected with it ?

As for someone being required to present 'every side of a story to participate', I don't understand your point. Where have I tried to argue that someone deliberately choosing NOT to present every side, should be prevented from participation ?

That's wholly different, Dilloduck, to the act of striving to prove that a certain side is being ignored. I have the right to do this. By what process should I be prevented from doing so ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

True, this is a political discussion forum (for the most part ... although it also has a 'religion/ethics' section, too ..).

But can you show me evidence that discussion of 9/11 is banned on this forum ? Or, more peripheral issues connected with it ?

As for someone being required to present 'every side of a story to participate', I don't understand your point. Where have I tried to argue that someone deliberately choosing NOT to present every side, should be prevented from participation ?

That's wholly different, Dilloduck, to the act of striving to prove that a certain side is being ignored. I have the right to do this. By what process should I be prevented from doing so ?
    I never said 9/11 is a forbidden topic. It's just that when you drag into a discussion as a strawman it's tiresome.

Go ahead--try to prove that Jafar is avoiding the negative. You have already proved you ignore the positive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I never said 9/11 is a forbidden topic. It's just that when you drag into a discussion as a strawman it's tiresome.

Go ahead--try to prove that Jafar is avoiding the negative. You have already proved you ignore the positive.
    What's really 'tiresome', Dilloduck (and WAY more, besides), is watching attitudes mutate from initial shock and revulsion, this caused by people forcibly being made to confront the awful reality of what Islam can happily visit upon ordinary, law-abiding citizens .. to a point where, years later, a manifestation of political correctness can require people to be thought of as possibly 'bigoted' if they fail to think 'happy, happy' thoughts about the very creed that murdered 3,000 people on a bloodlust-fuelled whim.

I've nothing to prove where Jafar is concerned .. his posts speak for him, and my replies are clear enough. The point is already made that Jafar sees Islam through rose-coloured glasses, and absolutely insists upon doing so, no matter how much evidence comes his way to suggest that the picture he paints is a highly distorted one (and that's putting it diplomatically).

You say I 'ignore the positive', Dilloduck ? Wrong. For example, I could say that Hitler was known to be charming company to some of his friends and supporters. Now, how's that for really reaching for something positive to say ?? HOWEVER, it doesn't mitigate everything else he got up to, now, does it ??

Extend that principle, now, to Islam.

See my point ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's really 'tiresome', Dilloduck (and WAY more, besides), is watching attitudes mutate from initial shock and revulsion, this caused by people forcibly being made to confront the awful reality of what Islam can happily visit upon ordinary, law-abiding citizens .. to a point where, years later, a manifestation of political correctness can require people to be thought of as possibly 'bigoted' if they fail to think 'happy, happy' thoughts about the very creed that murdered 3,000 people on a bloodlust-fuelled whim.

I've nothing to prove where Jafar is concerned .. his posts speak for him, and my replies are clear enough. The point is already made that Jafar sees Islam through rose-coloured glasses, and absolutely insists upon doing so, no matter how much evidence comes his way to suggest that the picture he paints is a highly distorted one (and that's putting it diplomatically).

You say I 'ignore the positive', Dilloduck ? Wrong. For example, I could say that Hitler was known to be charming company to some of his friends and supporters. Now, how's that for really reaching for something positive to say ?? HOWEVER, it doesn't mitigate everything else he got up to, now, does it ??

Extend that principle, now, to Islam.

See my point ?
    9/11 was an act of criminal terrorism. It is NOT an example of Islam as practiced by millions. ALL muslims are not evil killers. Begging for your debate opponent to concede your point is evidence that you can't make it yourself.