Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default Queens residents arm themselves in the post-storm blackout from looters

Queens residents arm themselves in the post-storm blackout from looters

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    Queens residents arm themselves in the post-storm blackout from looters

And mostly with baseball bats, bows and arrows etc.

Sorta like bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Thanks to the liberal fanatics' laws, only criminals have guns while law-abiding citizens don't. GREAT plan.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It's more than just Queens too. Tempers are starting to rise all over and the gas shortage is only making things worse. There is looting in a lot of the inhabitable areas and people are going around at night siphoning gas out of others cars! I have 68 miles left to empty in my truck and every station around here is dry. And even if one does get a delivery, within 30 minutes the lines are about 2-4hrs long. Hopefully this will die down before my truck reaches empty! One of the worst areas is Staten Island. Not necessarily the worst hit, but apparently not a ton of crews out there helping them, so the Island is ready to rebel and angers are very high out there. Also Breezy Point, where all the homes burned down. The firemen can't do anymore out there as they ran out of gas and no other emergency crews will help them, not the feds either. They are borrowing bathrooms of damaged homes while they do their best to help. They had to go on TV last night and beg people to give them resources in order to help the people that have nowhere to turn in that neighborhood. And while those 2 areas may be suffering more than others, there are tens of other cities not far behind them and a few million homes still without power. And last I saw, the death toll rose to about 109 and they were still finding bodies.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    It's more than just Queens too. Tempers are starting to rise all over and the gas shortage is only making things worse. There is looting in a lot of the inhabitable areas and people are going around at night siphoning gas out of others cars! I have 68 miles left to empty in my truck and every station around here is dry. And even if one does get a delivery, within 30 minutes the lines are about 2-4hrs long. Hopefully this will die down before my truck reaches empty! One of the worst areas is Staten Island. Not necessarily the worst hit, but apparently not a ton of crews out there helping them, so the Island is ready to rebel and angers are very high out there. Also Breezy Point, where all the homes burned down. The firemen can't do anymore out there as they ran out of gas and no other emergency crews will help them, not the feds either. They are borrowing bathrooms of damaged homes while they do their best to help. They had to go on TV last night and beg people to give them resources in order to help the people that have nowhere to turn in that neighborhood. And while those 2 areas may be suffering more than others, there are tens of other cities not far behind them and a few million homes still without power. And last I saw, the death toll rose to about 109 and they were still finding bodies.

There's plenty of fuel in Hartford if you can make it there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    There's plenty of fuel in Hartford if you can make it there.
    Just did a map search and from my town to Hartford is about 92 miles. I might try taking a drive in the middle of the night to a lower area of Ct. and see if anything is open.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Just did a map search and from my town to Hartford is about 92 miles. I might try taking a drive in the middle of the night to a lower area of Ct. and see if anything is open.
    I was listening to WTIC and they were telling people once you get about 15 miles into Connecticut, there's plenty of gasoline. By the looks of it, you risk getting trampled if you get between Dannel Malloy and a camera or microphone. I was near Hartford all last week and didn't see a single station out of gas.
    Last edited by tailfins; 11-03-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

where is the media coverage of the hardship?

It's a virtual news blackout. The msm is deperate to not put out any bad press.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

REMINDER to everyone reading this.

Three days before the most important election this nation makes every four years.

Americans. Millions of Americans are now Homeless, Without Food, Water, Fresh clothing, Hot water, Heat, electricity, telephones, and unsure of where they are going to live.

Meanwhile. The President of the United States....the man assigned to PROTECT those millions of Americans in their time of need. Is spending his VALUABLE time....courting Celebrities like "THE BOSS", and STEVIE WONDER, trying to convince OTHER Americans who have plenty of what those Millions in the NorthEast don't have...to vote for him. THE LOSER IN CHIEF of IGNORANCE, and STUPIDITY.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just remember this when some of you decide to call Arabs savages because of the conditions created out of revolution. All it takes is for you to have a little bit of rain for your society to begin unravelling. God forbid, if you actually have a revolution its going to be really nasty.
    Last edited by jafar00; 11-03-2012 at 09:33 PM.
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Won't it be great to see New York go red this election. Along with New Jersey and Connecticut And most of the other states that aren't getting assistance. This is going to hurt the media as much as it hurts the dark lord.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The firemen can't do anymore out there as they ran out of gas and no other emergency crews will help them, not the feds either. They are borrowing bathrooms of damaged homes while they do their best to help.
    Oh please.

Any kittens stuck in trees needing rescuing have been blown clear to Vermont by Sandy. Absent that critical duty, the FDNY retreats back to their firehouses and beer.

OEM/Red Cross/FEMA have virtually zero logistical skills, and even less common sense. The NYPD had to step into that void to get things moving.
    Mama Jeffro: Jeeeeh-froooo! What's going on down there? What's that smell?
    Jeffro: Nothing ma! Me and Lorenzo are practicing our Turkish oil wrestling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taft2012 View Post
    Oh please.

Any kittens stuck in trees needing rescuing have been blown clear to Vermont by Sandy. Absent that critical duty, the FDNY retreats back to their firehouses and beer.

OEM/Red Cross/FEMA have virtually zero logistical skills, and even less common sense. The NYPD had to step into that void to get things moving.
    Tell me you're kidding?

We're talking about a city that is sitting in ruins, no water, no bathrooms, 110 houses burnt down, roads cannot be passed, homeless people with nowhere to go and no food or stores to go to. While I won't go as far as to say the firehouses don't have beer for the guys when not working, I hardly think that diminishes the job they do when on call. Did you say the same about them when they requested backup and then died in the WTC's? New York's firemen are some of the finest in the nation and have some of the hardest jobs compared to other cities fire departments. To disparage them while they are trying to save lives and help people isn't cool, IMO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    Just remember this when some of you decide to call Arabs savages because of the conditions created out of revolution. All it takes is for you to have a little bit of rain for your society to begin unravelling. God forbid, if you actually have a revolution its going to be really nasty.
    We call them savages as they cut heads off of those they disagree with. Beat their women when upset with them. Blow up innocent people. Blow up places of worship... Come speak to us again when you see this kind of stuff happening as a matter of daily activity like it does in so many Islamic nations.

You have a deep desire to see negativity in the US so that you can say we are no better than the animals we condemn, only it never happens. We have our share of criminals and murderers, and they eventually get what they deserve, after their day in court. But the US is SO, SO, SO different than the hellholes you talk about, not even in the same solar system, let alone the same ballpark.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tell me you're kidding?

We're talking about a city that is sitting in ruins, no water, no bathrooms, 110 houses burnt down, roads cannot be passed, homeless people with nowhere to go and no food or stores to go to. While I won't go as far as to say the firehouses don't have beer for the guys when not working, I hardly think that diminishes the job they do when on call. Did you say the same about them when they requested backup and then died in the WTC's? New York's firemen are some of the finest in the nation and have some of the hardest jobs compared to other cities fire departments. To disparage them while they are trying to save lives and help people isn't cool, IMO.
    You don't have to tell me, I'm there. There are police officers all over the place.

The job of the NYPD isn't collecting relief supplies and distributing food to people. It's not running temporary warehouses with relief supplies, and providing logistical and personnel support to federal relief agencies, but we're doing it.

It's not the job of the FDNY either, and they're not doing it. They might as well be school teachers.
    Mama Jeffro: Jeeeeh-froooo! What's going on down there? What's that smell?
    Jeffro: Nothing ma! Me and Lorenzo are practicing our Turkish oil wrestling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taft2012 View Post
    You don't have to tell me, I'm there. There are police officers all over the place.

The job of the NYPD isn't collecting relief supplies and distributing food to people. It's not running temporary warehouses with relief supplies, and providing logistical and personnel support to federal relief agencies, but we're doing it.

It's not the job of the FDNY either, and they're not doing it. They might as well be school teachers.
    You live in Breezy Point? I don't recall you saying that previously. And you must have a different set of eyes than I do, as the firemen were the ONLY relief crews in the area. The police were SOLELY patrolling, while the ENTIRE relief operation was being done by the firemen. There was NO red cross, no fema, no guard, no anyone other than police patrols, firemen working and the citizens banding together to help one another.

And they ARE doing it, and in MANY places they are lending a hand with emergency support and helping out the citizens of destroyed towns.

Either way, to infer that the firemen solely get kittens out of trees and drink beer is 100% incorrect and ignorant. And to claim the same about the FDNY who gave so many lives in 9/11 is even more despicable.