Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default Are you glad the election is over?

This thread is NOT about who won or lost. I was just wondering if you are happy or sad that the whole thing is done with.
    Some of us felt a little bit like this. And we didn't even live in a "battleground state."

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OjrthOPLAKM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

My sister-in-law and her family live in Minneapolis. They felt a bit like this:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hell ya I'm glad it's over.I about broke the phone hanging up on people and the commercials got to be nauseating.
    American elections have become more and more blatant about --" WE NEED MONEY TO WIN"
    It's disgusting and hard to believe that people actually buy into any suggestion that the winner is the better man for the job or even the people's choice.
    YA YA--I know it's better than some other but it still sucks.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

No matter who's running I'm always glad when a presidential race is over. I get sick and tired of all the political ads. The lying and pandering gets old.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes. my mind is alot clearer. my wife and I have been making some important decisions in our life the last few days. Not directly because of the election, but i think it's helped.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default Heck yeah

I am glad it is over for sure. The campaigning seems to start so much earlier and I do think it interferes with the actual business of governing. Maybe we need to limit the process to a finite time before the day of the election? Say...you have a month or six weeks to make your case. Might also limit the media going nuts over every little opinion poll swing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes, it was a horrible election.

We aren't in a state anyone puts ads in or anything, except for the referenda (which all went against us), so we weren't attacked constantly like some of you or your relatives, but it was still way too much for way too long.

I've decided to go on an Information Diet. No more news sites, only a few of the better real news organs: WSJ, The Economist, maybe Stratfor, I haven't decided yet. And to bug out of the next election, not to follow it. It's all too awful --- terrible candidates, terrible scandals, awful events. Better just to concentrate on normal life and literature.